THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

Its finding humour in the little things that makes the recovery bearable, I am being very careful, I’m fully weight bearing so have good balance, going to try reading tomorrow, havent been able to concentrate on a book since the op so it would be a good way to loose a couple of hours
 
You are so right about finding the humor @Croyde06
Laughter is the best medicine and laughing with others in the forum during recovery made my day at times.
Still does! That crazy @danabanana and her partner in crime @beckylou .....are both adorable and hysterical! Check out some of their exchanges, for laughs, if you haven't already.

Great news on your balance! I know what you mean about the concentration. Very frustrating at first, thankfully it doesn't last. Best wishes on diving into that book tomorrow as a pleasant diversion. Hope you have a great Thursday!
 
Nice job-but do agree maybe a little soon with vacuuming-that movement can be killer. Enjoy your husband cleaning!
 
Morning, just woken to the start of day 13, not the best night if I’m honest, although mastered sleeping on good side with pillow between my legs for a couple of hours after not being able to get rid of the very sore spot on my back. Seems knee pain and muscle spasms prefer to make themselves felt in the small hours
While I was seeing the nurse on Friday to have dressing removed and stitches taken out I sent hubby to the pharmacy as I was getting desperate in the poop dept, my poop fairy (fybogel) is going to become a weekly visitor to my shopping list, within two days my bowel was working and I can’t tell you the relief I am definitely more mobile although knee and thigh still swollen but below the knee is fine so pretty pleased with that. I have asked a friend to pick me up and take me to the local Marks and Spencer for a bit of retail therapy and a coffee on Wednesday, can’t wait, it will be my first outing other than a quick visit to the nurse. I’m going to read my exercise plan that they gave me when I left hospital, may have a go at them just to see, I’m certainly not stiff so although I have not followed the regimen as I should have pretty sure it’s all heading in the right direction.
 
Great that you are planning an outing but please take things slow and steady. You are only days out of major surgery. Retail therapy may be pushing it a bit. At least plan on some down time when you get home.
 
I had those terrible bathroom issues too. How can soup and grapes turn into a rock ?
Hopefully all will keep "going"
Do take it easy....the stamina part is hard to get back.
Your body needs all that energy for healing you know.
Hope today is a Good Day:SUNsmile:
 
Hi there @Croyde06
I'm a bit worried about that outing also.
I know you've experienced this surgery before but it feels a little ambitious for
so early in your recovery.
Does the retailer have those motorized scooters?
Or, are you bringing a wheelchair?
You have to pass this test before we give you a pass to a little fun :egypdance:
We just love our BS fam and want everyone to be safe and well :loveshwr:
 
Hi @Croyde06
Thought I'd check in and say Hi.
Wondering how your recovery is going....I hope well.
Read about the experience you had with your first THR twenty years ago
over on Hip4me's site. It was kind of you to offer her re-assurance and support.
That's what makes BoneSmart great.
Warm wishes for a peaceful holiday weekend and a blessed 2018.
 
Hi @Croyde06 Have been following your thread because our surgeries were about a week apart and I was interested in how you were doing with your recovery. I hope it is going along well.

Hope your holidays have been full of moments to cherish. Wishing you happy days in the New Year with that new hip.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom