Hi Marianne, It is nice hearing from you. I am glad to hear things are healing now. I hope you feel better and better over time. I am sure the motivation of chasing Owen will help with rehabbing your mobility. Take care my friend.:hugzz:
@Jamie It is all about paying it forward. People were there when I needed advice or just a little sympathy when I was feeling sorry for myself and thinking I was out of my mind to do this to myself, so I have to help others to feel the warm glow of the light at the end of the tunnel. I have...
@jul I remember many tough days feeling like I would never have a normal life again.... This site kept me going and keep my focus on the positive. I often recommend it to people I meet at work who are going in for knee or hip surgery. I like to pay it back with positive feedback. I was the...
Hasn't it been a lovely summer here.... :cool: Hope you and Lindsey are doing well. I was glad to see the rain last week. Our water supply was almost dry. No water problems now. Think about you often.... :wave:
Oh my goodness!!!! It has been so long since I was here! I want to say Hi to all.
I have had a wonderful summer. The weather has been fabulous and I spent all summer working in the sunshine in the garden center at work. April May and June were so busy that I was exhausted by the end of the...
Good for you, Pat! :wowspring: I am glad you conquered the run/ walk..... It is a big achievement and you were due. Glad to hear things have gotten better even with the draw back of the cyst.
I am sorry to hear about Anne. We all have someone struggling with cancer.... It is an insidious...
Yes Lynn.... I catch myself doing things and then realizing after that I couldn't do that for a while..... Yeah!!!:catdance:
Each landmark makes it easier to meet the next challenge.
I do find I tire faster than before but my energy level is steadily climbing.
Focus on the good works for me. I...
Yes Pat.... I am pretty happy. It feels so good to be able to do so many things again. I see you are getting out and doing more too. I am glad your bakers cyst behaves sometimes and lets you go hiking. I have trouble with the down hills too.... I think it is due to my balance issues. At least...
:catdance::bricks::dogwalk::flwrysmile::wow: I can not believe how much time has passed since I was here last! I am now a week past 19 months on knee #1 and 6 months on knee #2.... It is great! :wowspring:
I am back to work in the garden center.:loveshwr: I find the 8 hour shift daunting right...
:sorry:Awe Pat.... I am sorry it is acting up again. I hope the cyst decides to behave.... you deserve some pain free time. Would having that knee done get rid of the cyst?
I am having leg cramps at night. I realize it is part of the healing as I get more active and the muscles adjust to the...
I have just had a quick read of your last couple pages and I have to say hang in there!:thumb: It sounds like you are doing well for how far along you are.... It is a slow recovery.:whistle: I am one of the lucky ones who seems to have a miracle rate of recovery... not always.... I am 4 months...
Okay... worked yesterday, 8 hour shift.... my new knees rocked! :spin: new one was bit sore and I needed a sit down in time for 1/2 hour lunch.... feet up.... first knee needed sit down in time for coffee break.... feet up.... end of shift my feet were sore.:tada: I stiffened up by finish of...
Wow!!!!:dancy: 4 months on the left knee and 17 months on the right.... Success! I can do things I was unable to do for the last 20 years. I do get tired faster (I am 20 years older after all.)
I return to work tomorrow. That will build my stamina quickly now that the major part of healing is...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.