Recent content by countdowner

  1. C

    THR Has anyone had experience of femur fracture during hip implant?

    Hi Millie Firstly, lovely to hear from you too. Secondly not so lovely to hear that you are still struggling. I am really sorry, wish I could wave a magic wand for you and make you well again. Are your problems due to the implant moving do you think or are you at a loss as to know what could be...
  2. C

    THR Has anyone had experience of femur fracture during hip implant?

    Hi everyone, Thought it was about time that I updated my posts. I am now seven months into recovery and I am pleased to say that the fracture that occurred during implant has now healed which is a great relief to me as I must admit it did worry me somewhat. Also during my six month check up I...
  3. C

    THR My Journey begins

    Hi Beth I am so pleased to read that you are making good progress. Take good care and also take your time and have lots of rest. You know in your mind that you just cannot hurry healing, take the slower scenic route and make time to enjoy the journey to full recovery. Best wishes Chris
  4. C

    THR My Journey begins

    Beth, I am so glad that all went well this time and so very, very pleased that your femur did not fracture during the procedure. It will be interesting to hear how this hip recovers in comparison to the other. I am sure that it will give me and others who have suffered fractures during implant...
  5. C

    THR My Journey begins

    Hi Beth I hope that all goes well for you for your second THR. Hope that this one goes smoothly with no complications this time. I will be thinking about you and will watch out for your recovery posts. Take care. Best wishes from Chris
  6. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi Millie, I don't blame you for taking the second option, I am sure that I would do the same. I can only imagine what you are feeling now and any words from me can not make you feel any better, but be sure of one thing, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that the implant will not...
  7. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi Millie I am so sorry to read about the problems that you are having. Are they or can they do anything for you now or does it have to stay like that? I sincerely hope that there is help for you, you have had enough pain to deal with throughout your life. Have the doctors changed your...
  8. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Happy big Birthday. Have a great day. Have fun and take care Chris
  9. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi I am so pleased that all went so well for you this morning. I can uncross my fingers now then! I am glad that you proved their prognosis to be wrong, that must be a great feeling - well done you. It must also be a relief to you that you can continue with your pain meds. They seem to be...
  10. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Ok, good luck for tomorrow then, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Chris
  11. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi Millie Firstly Happy New Year to you and your family. Did you have a celebration? It was very quiet here, just hubby, I and the cat. Hope all goes well with the consultant tomorrow. Hope it will be a good start to 2013 for you. Best wishes Chris
  12. C

    THR pain in thigh post hip relacement

    Hi Jarp I was very interested in your post as my femur was also fractured in the same area as yours and was wired also. I am now 21 weeks into recovery and whereas my new hip feels fine and I am walking very well without limping, the area of the fracture is still extremely sore. Sometimes there...
  13. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi Poppet So glad to have read your post, it has made me feel a lot better. I am now 20 weeks into recovery and find that I am still operating mostly in slow motion. Good to know that it is quite normal. I do have other problems that don't help and I think that I could sleep for England as they...
  14. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Hi Millie Hope that you enjoyed your pyjama day yesterday and that you managed to get some rest on this wet dreary day today. We had a lovely day at Kara's thank you, the boys were great and we had a good time with them. Hope that your daughter has a reasonable night tonight, she is lucky to...
  15. C

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Happy Christmas Millie to you and your family. I am going to Kara's this year so I am looking forward to that. Have a lovely day and take care. Best wishes Chris
Back
Top Bottom