Recent content by Chickie

  1. Chickie

    Seven months out!!

    I'm checking in to wish all a very Merry Christmas. Had my TKR on May 15 and doing great. The feeling has returned on the right side of my knee and I can do anything I want. Have climbed the step stool in the house and that is all I am climbing until the spring. Leaving for a trip to...
  2. Chickie

    Bilateral TKR Today is the day..... Chibigirl

    ChibiGirl, I think you are pushing too hard. Goodness two at the same time and a ROM of 135 in both. Why don't you just try not working so hard, just walk and ice and elevate? When we push so hard, we seem to do the exact opposite of what we want it to do. Take it easy on yourself and relax...
  3. Chickie

    TKR 4 weeks out and concerned about staph infection

    nanook, I am so sorry for the problems you are having. Just take care of yourself and follow the advice, get a specialist.....
  4. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    I forgot something, of course, I did get an anti-inflammatory, Metloxcam. I have been taking it for a week, 15mgs/day. It is causing swelling in my ankles so today, it's on to Motrin, OTC. I have noticed the knee is looking more and more normal! Sleeping all night and feeling good.
  5. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    Good morning all :SUNsmile: I am now 11 weeks out and feeling wonderful. I would guess that ROM is around 145, can do anything and everything :dancy: I don't want anyone on this thread to compare themselves to me, please :flwrysmile: I am still having some swelling and occasional pain but I...
  6. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    Almost 10 weeks and I am feeling great :dancy: I have been having some pain but I can take care of it with Lorcet. Think I will get a good anti inflammatory and see if that will help. Still some swelling but I was able to climb on my kitchen stool this morning and rearrange some cabinets :yay...
  7. Chickie

    TKR Let the recovery begin!!!

    Travlingirl04, you can do this, wishing for a great surgery and good recovery!
  8. Chickie

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    Lmarshall, I had the same thing, it kept me in bed for a week. The OS said it might have been scar tissue pulling lose from the ITband . Just a thought, mine was a deep pain. :gaah: I hope it gets better :angel:
  9. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    Look at that ROM!! 2 months out today :happydance: this is the knee that was replaced....still a little swelling but feeling great and doing great :dancy:
  10. Chickie

    TKR @ 10 weeks -- What to expect?

    DrFermento, I have taken anti depressants for most of my adult life and after surgery, I thought I had gone off the deep end. Your body was assaulted, plain and simple, I have found that the OS knows nothing about recovery and the toll it takes on us. You need to be kind to yourself and take...
  11. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    I just have to share this! I went to my OS yesterday and while they are great at the mechanics of the knee, they don't have a clue as to what goes on in recovery! I overheard one of his assistants say, if you like your PT, he/she is not doing their job and the OS agreed! :gaah: I didn't get...
  12. Chickie

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    I'm afraid that is the nature of the beast. :hissy: Perhaps, you are overdoing. Why don't you try easing off and just do gentle stretching for a while? I'm at 8 weeks and there are times when I overdo and pay for it later :gaah: I still find it difficult to stand for long. Just be...
  13. Chickie

    TKR Finally

    Wht a difference it makes, in recovery, when you follow the advise on Bonesmart! I have been able to do more and feel better just by being good to myself.....resting, icing, elevating and working smarter. Thanks to all for helping me get where I am today!
  14. Chickie

    TKR Out of surgery! Recovery begins

    Carolina girl, good for and all your progress! I am taking it very easy today, I made a trip with hubby to Nashville and home....about a 6 hour trip will stops and errands. I recline on the back seat so it is no problem but awfully tired today! Keep up the good work :) :)
  15. Chickie

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    It will get better! I suffered for the first two weeks with bad depression and I take medication for it everyday, have for years! This is the time when the abnormal becomes normal, don't worry. I completely understand, although I am older, I have always been very active and just the thoughts...
Back
Top Bottom