Recent content by CatieViv

  1. CatieViv

    TKR Benne68’s TKR #2 Recovery

    I would do mall walking too except it bothers my other knee. Those floors. But more walking is definitely better and walking in the house is boring! I should try the other big stores.
  2. CatieViv

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    What a great update! You are doing so well.
  3. CatieViv

    TKR Right knee revision

    Yes, I brought Ziploc bags. Unfortunately I was too tired last night to go down and get ice. I will definitely make sure to get some today when we get back. Ice machine only on 1st and 3rd floors and we are on 4, all the way down at the end of the hall! I booked an accessable room so it has bars...
  4. CatieViv

    TKR Right knee revision

    My sister and I are away for a couple of days. 2 1/2 hour drive for me. She doesn't drive. I did 5000 steps yesterday and didn't need to take pain meds! I did have some pain last night but it settled. I woke up in the night with my quads on the left side active. It felt like my cat was tapping...
  5. CatieViv

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    You are so right, patience. How hard that is! Hopefully your husband doesn't snore tonight. Glad you made it through the long drive and yay for coworkers noticing your progress.
  6. CatieViv

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    Love the socks on the kit! Handsome boys! My niece and nephew (9 and 11) are in North Africa with their parents. I got to spend some wonderful time with them when they were home this summer. I was supposed to have my surgery June 21 but I didn't want to be recovering when they were here.
  7. CatieViv

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    I am so sorry about your mom. I know it's rough, especially being so far away. I am going to give my cousin a break next month. She is the main caregiver for her mom, and exhausted. Staying there is physically tiring for me and my knee. I don't sleep well there either. I certainly know she...
  8. CatieViv

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    Sounds like you had a wonderful active holiday in that beautiful place! You are doing great and will continue to do so!
  9. CatieViv

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    I looked at the exercise sheet the PT gave me once when she handed it to me and once at home. That's it. I didn't do any of the exercises because they hurt. I focused on gentle moments, walking heel toe and resting in between. My activities of daily living have been my exercises. And the quad...
  10. CatieViv

    Knee Infection* CABLAND's 11/13/2023 LTKR Recovery

    We have a lot of snow too. It was difficult to clean my car off yesterday. And walking in the stuff with the cane isn't easy. I hope your rest day was a good reset. You might want to take another soon!
  11. CatieViv

    TKR One Year Out

    What an encouraging update. I am finding little things that I can do now that I couldn't before. I am not going to physio anymore. Unfortunately, a limited amount is covered here. The one physiotherapist I would love to have, and would be a great help, I cannot afford.
  12. CatieViv

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    It looks lovely there! Lots of snow here in Ontario! Gotta love those zingers. A love hate relationship
  13. CatieViv

    TKR TKR 16 weeks post op

    We are recovery buddies! I had my surgery 4 days after you. I am about the same place. Approximately 100 flexion. Stiffness and sometimes pain. But I can do things I couldn't before my revision. I only got to 90 to the first replacement on the same knee before I injured my patella tendon. I have...
  14. CatieViv

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I still have a stiff knee, especially when I stand too long or do too much. But it has only been 3 months and I know things will get better. Hang in there. I think you made the right decision about the MUA.
Back
Top Bottom