Recent content by Carriemay60

  1. Carriemay60

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    :flwrysmile: Hi Ellen, I had to stop in and catch up on your news. Despite the roller coaster you rode leading up to surgery and your **** hospital experience, you seem to be doing extremely well. Sounds like you are making a great but careful start with the cane and will be off very...
  2. Carriemay60

    THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

    I am doing fine! Had a wonderful time visiting the kids & grandkids although the weather was horrible!! We made the best of it. Officially made it to top ranked Nanny when we got our 12 year old grand daughter ripped jeans for her birthday! I came home completely exhausted and my suitcase...
  3. Carriemay60

    THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

    @SarahBee @SE Florida Yes, we are on holiday. We've been with 2 year old Arthur the last few days and are driving up to meet the new baby Elliott tomorrow. I just got internet on my phone because my son-in-law lost the password!!! :whistle:
  4. Carriemay60

    THR On My Feet Again

    :shocked: I'm wondering if it's a screw or something? My grandson had one popping out after a serious femur fracture. I would be very curious to know if Josephine has a guess. Sure doesn't look anything like when I popped a stitch!!
  5. Carriemay60

    THR One woman, two hips , one week

    All the very best for tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you! :flwrysmile:
  6. Carriemay60

    Hospital Experiences

    Best of luck for tomorrow, we will be watching for you on the recovery side! :flwrysmile:
  7. Carriemay60

    THR ChrissW's recovery thread

    Happy Birthday :flwrysmile:
  8. Carriemay60

    THR Diary of my journey to happy times

    Six months! Congratulations!!! :flwrysmile: I assumed you were off being busy so it was a good sign to be missing you. I'm glad your knee got over it's tantrum to let you get on with things. :egypdance:
  9. Carriemay60

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    I have the solution to low shelves in the kitchen if I'm home alone. I use my cane until it gets lucky and kicks out what I need. Then I use the golfers reach to retrieve that. I had to do it today to get to the popcorn so I could have some during a rain storm :rotfl:
  10. Carriemay60

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    For the first week to 10 days I was very sleepy and tired easily. So sleepy I would fall asleep mid sentence and once fell asleep on a video call with my daughter and grandson! I napped for a few hours everyday. I would still enjoy a nap most days but got to the point that I felt I was...
  11. Carriemay60

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    Those summer day camps are the bomb for tiring them out and the kids have so much fun! :spin::dancy:
  12. Carriemay60

    Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

    I did them in a regular dill pickle brine, added 2 cloves of garlic to each jar and one hot pepper. If you get nice straight, thin beans no need to cook them before pickling. They also go very nicely in a Ceasar or bloody mary.
  13. Carriemay60

    THR On My Feet Again

    Bummer, hopefully they will get you in soon!
  14. Carriemay60

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    You sound wonderful; I hope you are resting well :flwrysmile:
  15. Carriemay60

    Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

    A Ploughman's lunch is a favourite in our house in the summer. I have started making pickles which I haven't done in years. I did some malt vinegar onions, spicy green beans and bread & butter pickles last year but will need to double up this year as they are vanishing fast!!
Back
Top Bottom