Hospital Experiences

Ah, yes @Icespirit5 the waiting game. That's where I am also. I like the info even watched some surgery vidoes. I found it amazing how they do it. Lots of demos of how to get around safely afterwards. I'm waiting to schedule for July.
 
Yeah Ive watched loads of videos. Honestly, I think everyone here have given a more in depth idea of what happens when you get there! I hate the waiting game. They say they'll call... well it's Thursday (almost).

[Bonesmart.org] Hospital Experiences
 
Got my official date now!!! It changed to July 9th at 12PM! Got to be at the hospital at 9AM. Lady from the hospital called yesterday and helped me set up all prior appointments needed and was really informative and nice! She was very patient with me, answered all my questions, repeated things when I was slow to write them down, and wrote down extra stuff for me when I get my info packet. I'll be getting the packet in the post sometime next week with my clearance forms and extra info! :loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the update on your surgery date.
Good to hear you had a pleasant experience with the hospital employee who scheduled your appointments and answered all of your questions.
I hope the time moves quickly for you.
Wishing you comfort as you await your date.
@Icespirit5
 
Last edited:
Great news on getting your surgery date! Hopefully, all your pre-surgical appointments will keep you busy so time doesn't drag too bad! Try to plan some easy summer excursions in the meantime for distraction, even it is just a picnic and some people watching. :) Or maybe you could plant some seeds and baby them for the next month indoors before getting someone to put them out for you. They would be very pretty to look at when you are in recovery.
 
True @Carriemay60 !! Now that I have a specific date, my family and I are making plans to go to the beach once school is out. I am a teacher, so work keeps me pretty busy. I have 3 out of the 5 appointments before surgery set up, still need to make a clearance appointment with my GP, and then just give the dentist office my paperwork since I just had my regular cleaning a few weeks ago. My first appointment is a follow up with my OS that they wanted before preop (May 29), then my pre op is June 26, and finally leading up to July 9.

Any suggestions for good questions at these (preop and follow up with OS)? Ive got a couple in mind like when can I go back to work, but I want to make sure I cover everything.
 
Thank you all for you're advice and experiences! I am a visualizer and if I can somewhat visualize what will happen then it helps me decrease my anxiety. Dont know yet about the preop classes. I think so. I'm just playing a waiting game a lot.

I am like you. I am awaiting surgery and a visualizer which in turn decreases my anxiety level as well.I haven't been in the hospital as a patient since I was 5 and that was 61 years ago.I am closely following this discussion as I too need help. I had pre-op and go to a 2 hour info session with 2 nurses tomorrow. Our PT comes after surgery as well as OT and social worker and then sent at home with PT sessions at your home and all other kinds of help if you need it.Good luck and best wishes for a great recovery.
 
Well my date changed again but for the better! I had concerns about returning to work and asked how long Id be out and they came back and gave me a new earlier date! June 13th is my new date!! Ill have my info packet in the mail any day now!

@mikeycat
Glad you can relate!
 
Glad your date is changed. I’m a teacher, too. My left hip was done beginning of July,2005. It was close when I went back to school..6 weeks later but it turned out ok. My other hip now is shot. Radiating pain and had to take off work the last few weeks. Gonna attempt to return next week. Good for you that you are able to work.
 
Great news on your date change - you will go into this much more relaxed about having time to recover before facing the masses again in September. Now roll on June! :running:
 
Thanks @J-nice and @Carriemay60 and @Mojo333 !!

Questions
Does anyone know what a black splotch on a bone on a CT scan is? Is it cartilage loss?

Also, how do you change your signature on here? Since it changed, I want to correct my date to June 13th.
 
Last edited:
2 days :sos:
I cannot believe it is here! Trying to keep busy. I had a really rough day yesterday, but today has been better :) I got to hang out with some friends for most of the day.
Hoping I won't freak out tomorrow or Thursday like yesterday.

Ive got my walker, cane, raised toilet seat, supposed game plan for Thursday, cleaned my room, clean the cat's litter box, and my family and friend support.

Things still on my todo list before are to clean my bathroom, put up a cork board, make a drop off run to the community thrift shop, pick up any last minute household items, mop the kitchen and probably some other less important things I've forgot.
Any last minute advice on anything under the sun is welcome!
 
Last edited:
Reeelax.. I had a TKR and am looking to be waited on for a day again.. It was not quite a hotel like experience but actually quite nice! I had caring staff that informed me and also excellent food.

You will probably just rest and watch TV so really if you have your cane and walker and comfy clothes you are all set.. Or your Ipad or phone! Dont expect sleep but do do rest.

And though this sounds crass have a good time! Those are good people on your team.
 
Yeah @mainegirl1 is right. Waited on, watching tv, eating bon bons, ice at your becken call. Kidding aside you'll be fine. You've got a good surgeon and staff to help you get to the other side of life without that annoying pain that won't shut up. Its all good, take care.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom