Recent content by campdrama

  1. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    One Year Anniversary! I never thought I'd get here. I must say, when they say it will take a year, they mean it!! I still am aware of my knee all of the time, but the discomfort I feel is so different from my bone on bone pain. I think I can safely say that I am doing things now that I couldn't...
  2. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Hi Folks! Just checking in. At the 6 month mark this week and things are FINALLY starting to feel better. I had a steroid injection into the scar tissue at the ITB insertion a few weeks ago and that made a huge difference, surprisingly for the lower leg pains that were really holding me back...
  3. C

    TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

    @Kelpie- you sound great! I'm just at the 5 1/2 month mark and quite disappointed. The movement of the joint is "clunky", though not painful. I had a steroid injection into some scar tissue a few weeks ago and things improved significantly, but I overdid it and hurt a hamstring, so I'm dealing...
  4. C

    TKR JLP's Recovery<

    @JLP- We had our surgeries on the same day, so I'm following your recovery with great interest. I still have significant stiffness and a "mechanical" clunking, without pain, all of the time. I have good range of motion and strength, but terrible ankle aches that really annoy me. I can walk...
  5. C

    TKR Snowdrop made it to the other side!<

    @snowdrop I'm jealous!! I wish I could walk and walk, but the soreness in my lower leg is getting me down. I'm encouraged by your recovery, since our surgery dates are practically identical! You go!!
  6. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Here's my latest update: About 16 weeks out and still not as happy as I thought I would be at this point. I participate in all activities, with limits of course, and find that my biggest problem is the burning ache in my lower leg and ankle. I presume that this is from the change in my gait...
  7. C

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Wow! You're a rock star! I'm about 2 weeks behind you in recovery, but I couldn't even think of doing what you are doing! You are one lucky dude to have such a smooth recovery!
  8. C

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    @Freedom, Believe it or not, the Saran wrap cure works! I didn't believe it until I tried it. I'm a Doctor and when I told my OS's PA about it, she poo-poo'd me. Wait until she has to have her knee replaced! The advise on this forum to slow down really is sound. I was inducted into the ODIC...
  9. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Hi Folks! Week 13: The MRI last week showed just some scar tissue at the point where the ITB retinaculum inserts into the tibia. The scar tissue "tethers" the ITB. I think with use, PT and acupuncture, it will loosen up and ultimately be fine. I walked home from work yesterday, as the weather...
  10. C

    MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

    Too bad about the kidney issue. Taking as many anti-inflammatories as we all are at this point is certainly a risk. Ice is the best anti-inflammatory, so use that frequently, but not for too long or too often. 20 minutes at most gives the best response. Hang in there!!
  11. C

    TKR Snowdrop made it to the other side!<

    I have been having that same "bone pain" for some time. It's gotten better, but there are times when it's an excruciating, burning ache all the way down my lower leg into my ankle. My OS's PA says it's typical, so I'm not worried about it. She says that since the leg was re-aligned, the area...
  12. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Here's the latest update: I had an MRI of my knee to assess the ITB retinaculum insertion where I have pain and a nodular "clunk" at about 85 degrees of passive and active flexion. It's just scar tissue, I'm told, and will need to be worked out by me and my PT. I hadthrottled back on my...
  13. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Thanks everyone. I ran into a colleague last night who does a lot of TKAs here in NY. He also said walking was my best exercise. And of course, the subways weren't running this morning, there were no cabs, and it's bitter cold and windy in NYC today. I had to walk quite a bit before finding a...
  14. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Thank you everyone for your support! Although I'm a doctor, I have been fortunate not to have been a patient too often and appreciate what goes into recovering from this most invasive surgery. To answer some questions: It's common here in the US to start PT right away. Patients are given a set...
  15. C

    TKR 12 Weeks post TKA complications

    Thanks for your help. I don't see where I can put my surgery date (1/18/2016) in the signature. I wish I could have taken more time off of work, but I myself, am a physician, and I couldn't take any more time away from my practice. And being a doctor, I have the "doctor's luck" with outcomes...
Back
Top Bottom