Hello @Mayhip8 ! I've been remiss following and supporting you on your second rodeo. :shrug:
You sound a bit down, which is totally understandable at this point. Theoretically physically 'well' enough yet not necessarily mentally ready for certain stuff. As a normally strong enough independent...
Sorry to hear that @Mayhip8. You seemed to give so much to your patients even when you were in pain yourself. But I've always experienced when one door closes another one opens...so good wishes for better things to come.
Glad to hear your 2nd recovery is going well! :yay:
Not as many...
Hello @Mayhip8 ! Sorry I'm late to #2's party. Somehow I've got notifications turned off. Sorry to hear you're hurting, cariad. :cry:Hang in there... remember each day in the early days brings new challenges. But I know you'll come through - you're a tough cookie to have endured all you have...
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on that stupendous weight loss pre surgery! It will surely relieve a lot of the stress on those hips for recovery.:yay:
I felt the same as you before my op in 2019. It was a slow and steady recovery and at times I felt very fragile. A new appreciation for anyone...
I was one of those who taped a disposable razor to a small garden bamboo cane. Worked well! Also rubber-banded a small facecloth around a long handled shower scrunchy thing to smear on some l'occitane almond shower oil. Good luck! (I also taped nail polish brush part to a cane to tidy up my...
2 years ago I got my life back! To the new hipsters, I can only relay my own experience that it took a good 12 months....but was worth every minute of that slow and steady rehab. It is truly a marathon not a sprint. :yes: I celebrated today doing massive gardening, replanting strawberry bed and...
Happy 2nd hipaversary @Mayhip8 !! Missed your date a bit, but glad to read of all your hard work getting fightin fit again and ready for #2. :thumb: I'm doing great hip-wise. Lots of gardening despite our wacky cold Spring. I've thought of you often and worried about you working in healthcare...
Happy 2 year anniversary hip#1, @ceezee ! I've had a great second year post-op, hope you have too, despite continuing covid restrictions. I do hope travel restrictions lift so you can make that trip to your beloved Norway later this summer. Take care and keep in bakin' my hipster pal! :egypdance:
Glad to hear you are getting some good, sensitive hands-on PT @melquist ! It is SO reassuring when you feel someone has 'got your back' while at the same time helping you to stretch yourself physically (and emotionally!). I owe a great debt to my 1:1 Pilates instructor who is also a certified...
Congratulations on your new venture @ChrissyW ! It sounds like something very much needed and now there's hope for the future with a vaccine hopefully schools will be flocking for your services! NLP is interesting...have had several training sessions in my previous work life. Good luck with...
Glad you found bonesmart! It helped me tremendously in my recovery last year. The many virtual friendships from other bonesmarties, and sensible advice from advisors, are priceless. :friends:I too felt very 'emotionally fragile' after my op. :sad: Even though mine was relatively uneventful, it...
Glad to hear you're alive and well @Mayhip8 ! Sorry hip2 is still barking but at least we know there can -and will- be a happy ending for that one at some point. :angel: I miss you all (and all our other recovery hipsters) with our banter. It was like a special friendship, a real support...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.