THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

:wow::wow::wow:

I just realized that yesterday was the one year anniversary for my left hip. I spent it laying around outside reading, working in my gardens, playing with the dogs.....normal stuff! A few more months and it’ll be one year for my right.

Good normal stuff.
 
:hi: A belated Happy One Year Anniversary!
”Normal stuff” is so awesome...especially without pain!
I can’t believe it’s been a year already. Wishing you a lovely holiday weekend!
@ceezee
 
Happy Anniversary to Lefty!! That's a great way to celebrate, being outside in the yard.
I can't wait until you hit the year mark for Righty, too. Not that it makes much of a difference, you are already feeling great-- but it IS a milestone... :happydance: :loveshwr:
 
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
It’s, Righty’s, turn to take a bow. :yay:
Now that you’ve passed the one year anniversary of both hips, we’d love to hear how you’ve been doing. Been on any adventures? Sadly, the pandemic is making that more difficult for all. I’m sure you’ve been cooking up a storm....all sorts of yummy stuff while staying at home. I hope your hips are doing well and life is back to normal, pre hip issues. Well, as normal as it can be considering the current state of things in our world.
Hope to hear from you, CZ. Please be safe and stay well! :friends:
@ceezee
 
:wowspring::wowspring::wowspring:

That snuck up on me.

I’m doing pretty darn great. Hip pains all gone and have been for months. I really don’t give them much thought anymore. I’m not getting enough exercise but I can’t blame that on my hips.:heehee:

I’ve been cooking up a storm. At least one or two new recipes a week. My sous vide and all my new carbon steel pans are getting a workout. It’s been great fun.

We’re still in very limited exposure mode and are being very careful. We have three groups of couples that we socialize with but still keep the six foot rule and stay outside. That said, we did make it to Longwood Gardens a couple of times before it got so hot and that was fantastic. Hours of walking around and all was good. And I went with a friend who’s in one of the couples I mentioned on a drive to pick up a new dog she was getting. Five and a half hour drive each way! She drove up and I drove back. Zero hip issues.

We’re tentatively scheduling our trip to Norway for next August. Fingers crossed it’ll be safe then.

We’re so lucky to have our back garden to enjoy and a nice neighborhood to walk around. And our two dogs sure keep us entertained. I’m getting one or two food deliveries each week and haven’t had to stop into a grocery store yet. We do order meals delivered once or twice a week from the restaurants we’re hoping will make it through this mess. And twice we’ve eaten outside at a restaurant nearby that has erected an incredible tent with fans, high ceilings, and very large spaces between tables. Aside from the masks on the waitstaff it seemed like the olden days.

Getting both hips replaced so close together last year was a smart move then and the patience I developed during that recovery has definitely helped me deal with the limitations this pandemic has thrust upon us. At least this summer I’m not in pain. :yes!:

Everyone stay safe and hang in there!
 
Hip pains all gone and have been for months. I really don’t give them much thought anymore

Wonderful news!

It sounds like you’re staying busy enough and enjoying your kitchen / cooking amongst some safe social activity. It’s good to read how well you’re doing, CZ, and I do hope your plans for a trip to Norway a year from August become a reality.

Take good care.
 
It sounds like you are doing really well and making the best of this situation we are all in. Stay safe and I do hope you get to Norway next year.
 
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This forum and the wonderful people who hang out here, provide sage advice, and keep it going saved me. I found it shortly after my first surgery and the support here kept me on track and ready to battle everything that came my way. I literally could not have done it without all of you fighting in my corner.

❤️❤️❤️
 
the patience I developed during that recovery has definitely helped me deal with the limitations this pandemic has thrust upon us. At least this summer I’m not in pain. :yes!:
Totally agree! :yes: THR also taught me a new level of gratefulness for the smallest, simplest things - also good practice for crazy covid world. Maybe our May marvels 2019 were a gabby bunch, maybe it's the covid bummer, but it seems this year's batch aren't connecting/commenting as much as we did. Whatever, that support last year was truly magical. And I will always remember you every time I make sourdough bread! :flwrysmile:. Hope you make it to Norway next year. Keep us posted!
 
I read your post @Calgal and fully agree. A talkative lot we truly were throughout last summer. I do believe we benefitted not only physically but mentally and that has really helped for this year. I don't know how I would have managed without the hippy sisters and the support from so many people of whom I still think about regularly.
 
Happy 2 year anniversary hip#1, @ceezee ! I've had a great second year post-op, hope you have too, despite continuing covid restrictions. I do hope travel restrictions lift so you can make that trip to your beloved Norway later this summer. Take care and keep in bakin' my hipster pal! :egypdance:
 
Wow!!!! I didn’t even realize it. Thanks! @Calgal

I’m getting the kitchen totally remodeled and packing up everything has put my hips through a good workout. Solid titanium. Can’t beat it.
The trip to Norway is now happening June 2022. This year is a washout. Hopefully by this August we can make it up to Canada (and back) for a week.
How are you???
 
Last edited:
:wave: @ceezee
Glad you're Hip Strong.
Yes, the past year has really been stressful and :censored:

All will get better and better and we will be up for all of it.:chuckmarch:
 
Hey CZ!
What a nice surprise seeing you here. Happy Two Year Anniversary! A trip to Norway sounds fantastic and a Sumner getaway to Canada sounds lovely also. A vacation just about anywhere sounds good after the crazy year we’ve all experienced.
It’s wonderful to read you’re doing well. May it long continue.
Have a great Spring / Summer 2021! :SUNsmile:
@ceezee
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom