Recent content by BJ Mac

  1. BJ Mac

    TKR Has it really been 4 years??

    Congrats on your anniversary. It sure is good to be able to do so much and not give a thought to your knees. It has been 5 years for my PKR in April of this year. @Josephine is there a way I can go in and do an update on my old thread? It seems to be closed to new posts.
  2. BJ Mac

    Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

    Tessa, I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I do hope that you are able to get on with the surgery and healing sometime soon. (((((Hugs)))))
  3. BJ Mac

    Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

    (((((Hugs Tessa))))) I hope that you can find out what is going on soon and get it fixed up without too much of an ordeal. Praying for you!
  4. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Thanks Elisea, Kelly, Chris, Sonja, Richard and Jane. It is good to hear from you all. Kelly, some of the instructors from our resort headed up to Whitefish after our season ended this year to ski and board, they had a great time there. Well, I got news the beginning of the month that my...
  5. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Hi again! Well, snowboard season is officially over here for now. I just came back from Oregon. I got to snowboard Mt. Hood with my son last week.
  6. BJ Mac

    what about alpine skiing?

    Hi, Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I will weigh in anyway. I am a Snowboard instructor and could not walk through the grocery store without being in great pain before my pkr. Yes, I waited extremely long to get this done. My knee bent to the outside. I was quite bowlegged on that side...
  7. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    @RedRider, sorry, I just saw this. I think I have my stance set at 15 12 currently. I have been working more on my switch riding this year and taking a few more risks. The more duck-footed stance seems to be easier on the knees to be sure.
  8. BJ Mac

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Yay Janet! It is wonderful to hear how well you are doing and enjoying life with so much less pain. I too am loving those things now in my life... Simple things like walking through the grocery store and going home not hurting are such a gift after what life b4 pkr was like. ((((hugs)))) to you
  9. BJ Mac

    Revision TKR Revision Completed...Ready to get back to my life...<

    Tessa, so good to hear that you are out doing all the fun things again. Skiing, skating and sledding, living life and enjoying yourself is wonderful. I am not going to take up running, but then I was never a runner. I am hoping to actually be biking once spring is here, but for now I am...
  10. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Thanks Janet and Marianne. I am soooo delighted to be back on my snowboard primarily. I have taught a few ski lessons this year as well. It has been fun watching the Olympics and the new snowboard additions in particular. I was bummed that the half-pipe conditions seemed to be poor. I...
  11. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Well, this morning I made a quick trip to the grocery store and realized on my way out to the car that my knee didn't hurt and my hip didn't hurt. I felt pretty darned good, inspite of the fact that I wiped out a few times yesterday on the slopes. Yay, here's to being able to walk through the...
  12. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Well, here I am on New Years Day 2014. It is over 20 months since my rt. pkr. I am pleased to announce that exactly one year ago today I got on my snowboard for the first time since pkr surgery. My legs are much stronger this year, in spite of the long tedious recovery from my ankle sprain...
  13. BJ Mac

    Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members

    Wow, I can hardly believe that it is over 20 months since my partial knee replacement. It has been a long hard road with all that has been going on in my life. And yet, I am so thankful to be in my second season of teaching snowboarding since the replacement, my 3rd season altogether. This...
  14. BJ Mac

    Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members

    frederickjohn, Rest, ice, elevate and do gentle stretching. No hurry. You will not get the ROM while it is swollen. At 3 weeks you still need lots of rest and recovery... Hang in there! Take those pills for now. This will not last forever, there is time to get moving and doing life after...
  15. BJ Mac

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Thanks Sheryl, yes, I do remember you.
Back
Top Bottom