Recent content by BionicButt

  1. BionicButt

    THR Relief after Removing Cerclage Cable

    Today is my 2-year anniversary of my last THR, so I thought it would be fun to post an update. Looking back on the last year, I was surprised by the continued improvements in strength, endurance, energy, balance and flexibility. I’d thought I’d see all my healing by the end of the first year...
  2. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    I'm sorry to hear about your PT experiencing and that you are still having pain. I hope it is better after these few weeks since your last post? I wanted to second all the great suggestions above. Holding you in healing Light, Kim. Rhonda
  3. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    I just realized I had missed a number of posts before posting my last response... Good news that the implants are looking good and no infection! I don't know anyone who has had tendonopathy, but do know people who have had bursitis in the hip area. One neighbor was helped by a pilates...
  4. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    Hi @NanaKP, I've been swallowed by the Holiday Monster and just got spat out! Sorry for the delay in responding to your thread and for the struggles you have been enduring over the last couple of months (and longer!). How did your appointment go with Hipster on Tuesday? I agree with what...
  5. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Sounds like you are in good hands with your PT! I had all the same issues. I remember feeling like whenever my "supporting cast" muscles contracted and hit the cerclage cable, they would go, "OUCH!" and let go. They simply stopped functioning. It took awhile to convince them it was safe to flex...
  6. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Hi @JoeKnows! How did your trick or treating excursion go? I was glad to hear your on the move and things are getting better. It takes awhile to restore the muscles and improve flexibility after the cable comes out in my experience. I still have a muscle mass imbalance on my right side from...
  7. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    HI @NanaKP, Was thinking about you today and thought I'd pop on and see how you are doing now?
  8. BionicButt

    THR Midouri's Second HIp

    Hi @midouri, @Mojo333 gave me a heads up that you had a question about returning to Pilates? It sounds like you are in excellent shape and at about 7 weeks, also that your restrictions were lifted by your OS. I am a long-time yoga practitioner and also have done some Pilates. I started working...
  9. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    Hi @NanaKP, great to see you back on the forum, but sad about the reason why... I agree with @Debru4, it might be time for an MRI to check for soft tissue issues if the x-rays are looking good. After my cable removal, my soft tissues were immediately much happier. If that isn't happening, then...
  10. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Hi Joe, Checking in to see how you are doing? I hope the pain was one of those crazy roller coaster loops of the recovery process and that it has subsided. Thinking about you and sending healing energy your way. I know whenever I have strange sensations and setbacks I don't expect, it always...
  11. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Hi Joe! I've been out in the woods, but holding you in healing Light and thinking of you along the way. I'm so happy that you have that thing out and it sounds like you are feeling a difference already! I can't believe you had a cyst around it, but then, I can. I imagine the body would try to...
  12. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Hi Joe, Sending healing energy your way and positive thoughts for an easy surgery on the 20th that resolves your problems. You are almost there.
  13. BionicButt

    THR Relief after Removing Cerclage Cable

    Thanks Ladies! I'm glad to be out on the trails again, but have had an interesting little set back over the last month since this post... About 10 days after my big hike, I started to have weird twinges in my groin and trochanter and to feel wobbly on my legs again, like I could walk right out...
  14. BionicButt

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    Hi @NanaKP! So great to hop on and see an update from you! I'm sorry to hear that left hip is still being naughty... As I read through the thread, I began to wonder if part of it is an "anniversary reaction." This is not uncommon when we have been through a trauma or loss. When we come up on the...
  15. BionicButt

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Hi Joe, I was catching up on your thread and realized I'd missed the last postings about your pain returning. I'm glad you have scheduled the cable removal. Please let us know how it goes. It was a miracle for me and I hope it will be for you as well. I just got back from a camping/hiking...
Back
Top Bottom