Recent content by bionic1

  1. B

    TKR Speedknee Recovery

    well, I haven't posted in a bit. not much has changed. I am now 10 weeks out and my ROM has not changed, still 122/3. I had my last PT yesterday, he said I am doing great, gave me a theraband to use at home and said I need to continue my exercises without him (fully intend to). I am up to 3...
  2. B

    TKR TKR July 8, 2015....recovery status

    you're welcome. don't know why I never thought to do it while sitting, just did after reading your reply and I thought, this could be done sitting on the side of the bed to relieve the stiffness a bit before even getting up! even better!!
  3. B

    TKR TKR July 8, 2015....recovery status

    Terry, I am 9 weeks out and still have a stiff and sore knee when I wake up (and after sitting a while). what you are doing with ice, elevation and walking is the best to do, and a pain pill if the timing is right. another thing I found helpful right from the start is to stand at the kitchen...
  4. B

    TKR Here I am with my new left knee

    good luck, see you on the other side, it is nice over here!
  5. B

    I hope this was the right decision

    Stefny, I am doing just fine, 9 weeks today. I am going to PT once per week, mostly working on strength now, all PT has been gentle and nothing ever past point of discomfort. I am a nurse and work 4 10 hour shifts per week, only 3 more weeks till I go back, where did all this time go?! I was...
  6. B

    PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

    sounds like you are doing great! don't think I am ready for festivals and parades in the humidity yet, but good for you!
  7. B

    I hope this was the right decision

    again we see how different the doctors are, mine had me take aspirin 325 mg twice daily as my blood thinner and I never had ted hose (I was happy about those!). the shots should not really bother you but they do leave lots of bruises!
  8. B

    Anxious About Total Knee Replacement in 5 Days

    I only saw my doc once too, in feb when I finally decided the pain and limping was more than enough. I had an Xray at his office then saw him, he said nothing to do but replace it whenever I was ready, we agreed on May, he showed me the knee he uses and the next time I saw him was just before...
  9. B

    I hope this was the right decision

    to get my house ready, all I really did was pick up throw rugs and runner in the hall (you will clear them with the front of your walker and your feet only to catch the back leg of the walker on the edge of the rug, so if you don't get them out of the way, watch out for this). I looked around...
  10. B

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    don't be discouraged, I think the grocery store is hard, all that walking around. since I am pushing a cart I concentrate on proper gait and it seems so effortless until I get to the checkout and have to wait in line, I always ice and elevate when I get home, sometimes before putting everything...
  11. B

    TKR Optimistic1's Recovery Thread.

    I had my rt knee done and it is much easier to get into the driver's seat than the passenger seat, easier to lead with the operative leg. if I were in your shoes I would tell the doc to get me on the schedule for that other knee so that there is some wiggle room in the event of any...
  12. B

    TKR Speedknee Recovery

    thank you, this forum is wonderful for knowing what to expect. I am only going to PT once per week and I couldn't be happier with the therapist. he is of the exact mindset as bonesmart, he even reminded me that if I push too hard I will lose and not gain due to causing further inflammation to...
  13. B

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    wow, that is great that you could go home and are doing so well. just don't skip those pain meds, set an alarm for night time doses. I have a polar machine too, in the early days I iced for at least an hour at a time, many times a day, it helps so much. good luck to you, you are off to a great start
  14. B

    TKR Speedknee Recovery

    8 week update. PT today, no change to speak of, but some gains in strength. ROM 122/3, want more, will give it all the time it needs. I can pretty much do everything I need to with this ROM, except some yoga poses. rode 1.6 miles on bike outside just now and felt great! still scary getting on...
  15. B

    TKR Speedknee Recovery

    thanks, Sharon. I'm not so great at riding either, just started up riding last summer after many years of not riding at all, so it was a little scary to get up on the seat, I just rode up and down my street several times. hoping to do some trail riding by september, but not looking to do that...
Back
Top Bottom