TKR Speedknee Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bionic1, you are such an inspiration to so many of those in the early stages of recovery! Thanks for sharing!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
You are doing great. Your ROM is really wonderful. My OS say mine is 120+ but PT says 105, hmmm who do I believe?? It is good you took the 12 weeks off work, I went back last week and it's not bad.
:fingersx::fingersx:
 
thank you, this forum is wonderful for knowing what to expect. I am only going to PT once per week and I couldn't be happier with the therapist. he is of the exact mindset as bonesmart, he even reminded me that if I push too hard I will lose and not gain due to causing further inflammation to the soft tissue. I told him that the in home PT had measured my extension at 0 at the end of my 2nd week post op. he could tell just by looking that it was not quite there but he showed me the difference between 0 and 3 or 4 on the goniometer (sp) and the visual is helpful, I mean, I know that 3 or 4 degrees is not much, but to see it was good, I will not spend one more minute being concerned if I ever get to zero!
 
Great report. I was dying to get on the bike to get a better workout but didn't have the functional ROM until week 13. Try to take it slow and easy though!
 
Good report. Keep up the good work. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
well, I haven't posted in a bit. not much has changed. I am now 10 weeks out and my ROM has not changed, still 122/3. I had my last PT yesterday, he said I am doing great, gave me a theraband to use at home and said I need to continue my exercises without him (fully intend to). I am up to 3 miles on the bike, but think I can go further (my companion rider is a little less fit and can't go further with no TKR, so I think I will do more solo rides to get more distance). I am actually more limited by the weakened hip abductor muscles in my left hip at this point than I am by my rt TKR. my knee is almost pain free, but I was limping for a few years and had a bowed leg so I just have to work on the problems I developed by waiting so long to get this surgery done. I am a bit unhappy that my ROM has not improved in about a month, afraid I am at my limit, but the therapist believes that I still have some swelling and that I will see gains in the near future. I hope he is right, but really I know I am quite functional as it is, and I have a straight leg without all that pre-op pain and I am grateful for that. no regrets at all, right from the start. I start back to work at 12 weeks (8/10) and I am a nurse that works 10 hour shifts, I am lucky that my supervisor has agreed to me having wednesdays off for the first couple of weeks at least so I only have to work 2 days in a row (I don't work weekends unless on call, so that is good). during the work day the only break is a 30 min lunch and I will take ice packs and attempt to ice and elevate for that 30 min. during these 2 weeks I have left before returning my focus will be to walk more and really work hard on strengthening those hip abductors. while everyone is right that this is not an easy recovery, I feel that mine has been pretty smooth. but I am happy that the arthritis in my left knee is minimal (still have cartilage throughout the joint, but it is more narrow than normal) because I would just as soon not have to do this again! hope everyone is making good gains in their recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom