Recent content by Bchbum4evr

  1. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @Layla Thank you for reminder. I admit I have nothing new and exciting to report. My new hip has fit in like a glove. I rarely ‘notice’ it’s new. No pain from hip at all! Hubs won’t let me cut trees or haul debris - and I understand- no jeapordizing new hip! Today I was on the floor with...
  2. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @Alitm, @Windsong, @Mojo333 , @Layla appreciate the kind words and well wishes. They are needed by so many. I am simply amazed at how well the new hip has performed. I still have bursitis pain on the trochanter but not much I can do right now for it. I ice at night, but will have to wait for a...
  3. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @ Layla I admit I broke down the other day saying ‘OH MY GOD! I’m one of those people we’ve seen on tv!’ It’s been 23 years since a direct hit on Panam City (Opal) but Florida panhandle hasn’t had a storm of this magnitude since 1850’s.. We will rebuild. Please come and visit our beautiful...
  4. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @Layla To truly answer what I’ve been up to, I have to step back in time to Oct 10, 430 am, when my cousin called and said ‘OMG! Are you watching that Michael is coming in as a Category 4? Are y’all staying or leaving?’ Woke hubs up, who woke his son up (he and his wife, 3 gkids and mother...
  5. Bchbum4evr

    THR Friday 13th July

    @Bionic the advice here is solid. Just take it slow and cautious. I was told my restrictions were for life. Yeah, that’s not realistic. So the last 3 or so weeks I’ve gotten on the floor (and up) w hubby nearby to start. Now it’s no issue. Bent way more than 90 degrees etc. my PT said that...
  6. Bchbum4evr

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    Be careful my friend. That very well could be Bursitis on the Trochanter starting. THAT is what's happened to many of us and it will halt your progress in healing. Not to mention cause pain all down your leg when trying to sleep on side. Ice it like crazy and do as you've said, cut back on...
  7. Bchbum4evr

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    @JoeKnows I looked at your info profile today and realized I AM old enough to be your mother (my oldest is 32)...so maybe I was mothering a bit. Lol Good luck tonight with your meeting.
  8. Bchbum4evr

    THR Are We There Yet?

    Prayers for you today! Won't be long and hip pain will be gone!
  9. Bchbum4evr

    THR JoeKnows Recovery

    @JoeKnows I've been reading your posts and enjoying the laughs. I see where @Mojo333 and @Layla have cautioned you on overdoing etc. and probably, it appears, like me you are thinking 'they are mods, they get paid(kudos, tokens, whatever) to say these things. I'm 10 weeks out and like you...
  10. Bchbum4evr

    THR My hip hip hooray journey<

    editted and SurreyGirl glad to hear (read) that you both are continuing to improve. It's wonderful to be free of the hip pain, isn't it? Good luck with your show editted, your jewelry is stunning. One thing I miss about not working and living in a very casual city is wearing coordinating...
  11. Bchbum4evr

    THR Dogchick's Hippy Recovery Adventure

    Great to hear from you Dogchick! Sorry about all the changes at work... keep your positive attitude and this year will pass quickly! My mom was a Paraprofessional for many years, y'all are blessings to many!!
  12. Bchbum4evr

    Movies/concerts after hip replacement

    I went to movies at 3 weeks post op. Sat on end of aisle so I could straighten op leg out. I had anteriorlateral and have not experienced discomfort sitting as some fellow hippies have. I also had no ankle/lower leg swelling.
  13. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @Layla or @Mojo333 or anyone! I am fairly certain I've seen stretches for ITB posted, but can't remember on who's thread. Maybe @editted. I recall they couldn't be done if under 8 Wk's post op so I didn't pay attention. I'd like to see them now and begin doing them to stretch (hopefully) my ITB...
  14. Bchbum4evr

    THR Hoosier78's Recovery Thread

    @hoosier78 as someone who has 'walked the wrong way' for a long time, be prepared for soreness, tenderness and stiffness as you correct it. I was zipping along on recovery, feeling no pain and then started walking 'correctly'. Have had unexpected soreness ( not pain, just 'ugh'). Been on a fun...
  15. Bchbum4evr

    THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

    @Jaycey @dlp @Bionic yes, OS told me that too pre-op and PA said it at both followups. She also said 'we know our patients do things they shouldn't, just don't tell us!' Having been educated by Bonesmart and all you smarties, I knew each dr had different rules/restrictions. I THINK they do to...
Back
Top Bottom