Guest viewing is limited

THR Bchbum4evr is FINALLY getting her 4evr!

I'm so very sorry for all you're going through. In all honesty most of us see the pictures and stories on tv.
stare in disbelief, are moved to tears, send up prayers and as the stories wane, we get back to our daily life. While. Many. Are. Still. Suffering.
Such devastation and you're living it. And your daughter lost half of her home, that's so sad! Thankfully you're all safe and you can repair and re-build. Hopefully you won't be displaced for too long. Thankfully you aren't going through all of this with a painful deteriorating hip. But what a blessing to look forward to....your grandbaby! Congrats!
Prayers for comfort and safety for you and yours as you navigate the weeks ahead.
I'm sure you're in the prayers of many. God Bless.
@Bchbum4evr
 
@Bchbum4evr . :wow: OH MY I am so glad you are all safe, but what terrible horrible damage....my heart goes out to you all.

It is wonderful to read about your exciting news, that you will be a REAL Grandma in May! What happy news to get you all through the work ahead in putting your homes and your Panama City back together again.

SO glad your hip has managed through all of this.

Sending prayers and positive energy as you, your family, friends and community rebuild....:angel:
 
@ Layla I admit I broke down the other day saying ‘OH MY GOD! I’m one of those people we’ve seen on tv!’ It’s been 23 years since a direct hit on Panam City (Opal) but Florida panhandle hasn’t had a storm of this magnitude since 1850’s..

We will rebuild.

Please come and visit our beautiful beaches... very minor damage there. This time the town of Panam City and places East took the hit.
 
Oh my gosh Bchbum4evr, I’m so sorry you were affected by the hurricane. I live in Tallahassee and we were extremely lucky that we didn’t get the expected hurricane winds. Tropical storm force winds here normally cause downed trees and power outages but I evacuated because like most Tallahasseans, I’m surrounded by trees. Panama City and the other affected areas will rise again!

So glad to hear your good news of becoming a grandmother. Best of luck to you in the recovery efforts.
 
:hi:
Haven't been as prevalent in these last days and forgot you were in the bull's-eye!
You and your city are definitively resilient.
I don't worry for you...but I do hate it for all the loss and extra drama for you.
Thinking of you.:friends:
 
Hugs and wishes for a pleasant weekend @Bchbum4evr
We're thinking of you as you re-build and get back to normal.
Stay safe and get the rest you need. :)
 
What a story @Bchbum4evr and so glad you are all safe. I watched Abc news from the uk as Michael approached you and couldn’t believe the ferocity of those winds plus the devastating aftermath as the drones sent back pictures. It must have been terrifying for your daughter who went through it and lost half the house.

Congratulations re becoming a grandmother in due course. And all the best for your continued recovery.
 
@Alitm, @Windsong, @Mojo333 , @Layla appreciate the kind words and well wishes. They are needed by so many.

I am simply amazed at how well the new hip has performed. I still have bursitis pain on the trochanter but not much I can do right now for it. I ice at night, but will have to wait for a shot.

I’ll try and read and catch up with all you hippys in the next few days. Continue your journey slow and steady!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope all is going well with you.
Leave us an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear from you.
I hope you have a nice weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!
@Bchbum4evr
 
@Layla Thank you for reminder.

I admit I have nothing new and exciting to report. My new hip has fit in like a glove. I rarely ‘notice’ it’s new. No pain from hip at all! Hubs won’t let me cut trees or haul debris - and I understand- no jeapordizing new hip! Today I was on the floor with grandbaby and got up with no issue!

We escaped our new reality in Panama City to Glamp and ride pretty hilly, curvy roads for a few days. Rode on motorcycle about 100 miles each day last couple days and no pain.

Sleep is still elusive. Can’t really say I hurt at night, just can’t get comfortable. But insomnia has been an acquaintance for many years prior to THR. So, sleep is what it is.:) :-) (:

Maybe in a month or two when we can live in our house, sleep in our very nice bed, sleep will find me.

Bottom line—- Every day I wake up and go to bed THANKFUL for my new hip. Anyone on the fence, just do it!! It’s anazing how much better your life will be!!
 
:egypdance:great update...I feel the same.
Sleep is still elusive. Can’t really say I hurt at night, just can’t get comfortable. But insomnia has been an acquaintance for many years prior to THR.
I had same issue...it was well over 6 months before I got a full nights sleep...circadian rhythm..restless legs...habit:shrug:
It also, finally came around.
Keep the faith and wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
All sounds good. I'm happy to read you're safe and well.
Nice to hear you had an escape from reality to refresh after all you've been through.

Perfect week to express your gratitude and thankfulness for your new hip.
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving with those you hold dear.

Read this info on Magnesium as a consideration
for sleep issues -
Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Something to consider....wishing you all the best as you move forward!
@Bchbum4evr
 
@Bchbum4evr Just dropping by to see how you are doing after the terrible hurricane. See that you got away for a a break and that your hip is doing really well. Excellent to read. Wishing you, your family and your neighbours continued strength and positivity as you rebuild your homes. I grew up and lived in Bermuda for 52 years so have lived through some terrible hurricanes, but nothing like this last hit you all went through...but I know the fear, stress, heat, no power and running water etc. dealing with the aftermath. Still thinking of you all.
:flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom