Recent content by badgerfan

  1. badgerfan

    7 Weeks Post Op Anterior THR: Oh What Fun

    Hi cheddarveil, Couldn't help but to notice your location. I am only about 40 minutes south of you. I just celebrated 1 year with my new hip on Dec 11. It is easily one of the best decisions I ever made. I completely understand your not wanting to travel. Last year I was 3 weeks post op at...
  2. badgerfan

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    Hard to believe my new hip is already a year old (Dec. 11). Last year at this time i was icing, elevating, using a walker, and taking pain meds while starting my recovery. I had my 1 year check last Thur. and everything looked great. Good bone growth around the new cup and stem, no leg length...
  3. badgerfan

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello everyone. My hip is now a year old as of Dec 11. Hard to believe a year ago at this time i was laying around icing, elevating, using a walker, and taking pain meds while starting my recovery. I had my 1 year check up yesterday and the Dr. said everything looks excellent. Bone growth around...
  4. badgerfan

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    Kim22, It took about 3 weeks to resolve the uncooperative hip flexor issue. When i visited my OS for my 12 week follow up i told him the issues i was having. He said at this point i should have very little to no pain so he ordered 4 more weeks of PT. I found a PT who did nothing but hands work...
  5. badgerfan

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    Hard to believe its been 5 months since my THR so kinda of an update. All i can say is WOW !! I went back to work on April 29 after a 19 week recovery period. I am on my feet for 10 hrs./day and haven't had any issues. I may get a pain once in a while around my thigh/knee area, maybe a 1-2 on...
  6. badgerfan

    Trying to stay positive

    sqwerlie, Couldn't help to see your from WI also. You must be more north of us because all we are getting is rain. We are located about 35 south of Madison. Isn't this a strange spring ?? I am hoping for some nice weather because they have me scheduled to return to work on the 29th. I would...
  7. badgerfan

    THR Better late than never

    Weezi, No my OS didn't refer me to my second PT he just ordered another month of PT. The second PT i went to is right in my hometown about a mile from home. The first place i did my PT at was about 20 miles away and they had all these fancy workout machines at their facility. They are both...
  8. badgerfan

    THR 2 weeks post op

    acbelmar, I agree with you 100% about finding a PT that works on your body. At my first PT session that lasted 4 weeks, all i did was go there and they basically watched me do my exercises for a 1/2 hour and sent me on my way. Then when i went to my 12 week appt. with my OS i was so tight and...
  9. badgerfan

    THR Home from the hospital and looking forward to going back to yoga!

    BarbaraR, I thought i read on a thread on here that they made you change your name. Just curious as to why they made you do that.....
  10. badgerfan

    THR Here I am!!

    Texas Girl, Did you see that poppet started a thread for us 2012 class of hippies ?? We'll have to get signed up for that. I see many familiar faces on there.....
  11. badgerfan

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    dede62, MY appt. yesterday went good. He took x-rays and said everything is healing normal. When i asked about the pain in my thigh area he said i should have little or no pain at this point. So he did a bunch of hands on tests and said i have hip flexor tendonitis. He wants me to go back to PT...
  12. badgerfan

    THR Badgerfans new hip

    Texas Girl, Hi. Hope things are going well for you. I like your new avitar. My physical went good and all my lab work was normal except my triglycerides were quite elevated. He is contributing it to not being able to do much the last 3 months and not the best eating habits lately. He wants to...
  13. badgerfan

    IMPORTANT QUESTION - 14 weeks post op

    snowwhite, I'm with you, very frustrated. I'm 12 weeks post op today and felt better at 4 weeks than now. I had 4 weeks of PT which ended Jan 31. Since week 7 i have been sore mostly in the front of leg to the knee. I am still limping and getting worse. I refuse to go back on Norco for the...
  14. badgerfan

    THR First hip replacement done.

    Hi sandybeach, your neighbor to the east of you. We are also getting the snow. It started about 7 this morning and the news says it should continue until about 9 tonite. I would say we got around 4-5" already. My wife and son are home because they called off school so got some help with snow...
  15. badgerfan

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    Congrats designergirl. The worst is over. Now let all the nurses do their job and you will be just great. Relax and ask for everything you want and need.....
Back
Top Bottom