Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

Hi casey Its great to hear how well you are doing one year after your surgery and that you are living life to the full with some lovely holidays .I was just wondering what sort of massage you are doing to help your adhesions and if you consulted a massage therapist ?
 
No I did not consult any Therapist, had a chat with my Surgeon when I was re-admitted to hospital with Cellulitis 4 months post op and he told me just to massage it with any sort of cream. I chose to use bio oil as I had a bottle in the house. Now that has run out I use any old moisturiser. I think it is a very small adhesion though. It is getting so much better I forget to do it some days.
 
Happy Anniversary to me ..... :martini: :yahoo: 2 years ago today I had my BTHR - and yesterday I went for follow up xrays (my HMO participates in a national research project to monitor how joint replacement hardware holds up) - xray tech said they both look "beautiful". Life is such fun with pain free hips! Last week I clambered up and down ladders and through hatchways as we (her father, grandfather, other grandmother and I) escorted my 8yo granddaughter on a tour of a submarine! Also took her snow tubing on Mt Hood - that was great fun - even the getting dumped off the tube into a snow pile :bicycle2: :rotfl: I hope all of my 2011 cohorts are doing well ... and that everyone has a very hippy, jolly holiday season!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies
djklaugh, Snow tubing sounds like a heap of fun. I would even try that myself. Great anniversary update, Deb. Thanks for sharing your special 2 year anniversary celebration.
 
Congratulations Deb djklaugh wow our two years has passed quickly.. I am so pleased you are having fun with your Grand Daughter and enjoying life - fantastic honey :)

((( hugs )))
 
Today I found out that I need the other hip done. I hope and pray that it turns out as good as the other. I hardly think of the right. I Hope that everyone is taking care with all this cold weather and all the weather that is going on. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi all 2011 was my year and now the left THR on on 12/17/13. I am so grateful the site is still here . it helped so much the first time! Midori
 
Hello everyone. My hip is now a year old as of Dec 11. Hard to believe a year ago at this time i was laying around icing, elevating, using a walker, and taking pain meds while starting my recovery. I had my 1 year check up yesterday and the Dr. said everything looks excellent. Bone growth around the new cup and stem looked great. He did a few range of motions tests and passed with flying colors. I have had no issues with the new hip and is one of the best decisions i ever made.
 
Hi danni beesquare midori great to hear from you all.

I am pleased you like the thread, I thought it was a great way for members who are getting on with life to pop back in to keep in touch.

I may merge the 2011 with the 2012 threads as soon I will start the 2013 - so do visit again :)

Cheers.
 
Hello badgerfan great update and congratulations on the one year milestone, terrific to read you passed with flying colors - well done you :)
 
Thought I'd pop in here to say hello to my BoneSmartie friends. I just had my 1 year followup with my OS and he says everything looks great. I'll head back in a couple of years for a follow-up X-ray, but for the most part our work there is done!

I'll make sure to pop in again on New Year's Eve to send up another toast (one I can actually participate in being pain med-free!) to you all!
 
Great to hear from you @dede62 and isn't it good to have that one year milestone behind you :)

Catch you at the NYE party :)
 
Hi my name is Eve I am so please for the encouragement I receive from everyone. I just want you to know that I had my lt THR on Aug 16/13 and rt THR on Nov 25/13. I don't why I waited so long. I suffered for more than 5 years with pain. Now I feel GREAT and pain free. I am looking forward to doing the things that I haven't done in years. I just want to encourage anyone who is contemplating doing THR to go for it. I am looking forward to the Summer. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
 
Hi there @cashmere, so pleased you dropped by and even better to read that you are feeling great and pain free.

I am thrilled that life has taken over, that is how it should be :) don't forget our New Years Eve online party if you have time to drop by.. The thread is in the social room - Countdown to 2014
 
Left Full Hip Replacement on 10th November 2012 by Mr Mitchell at Harrogate District Hospital and a year on I'm feeling fine. I don't limp and I am always pleased to hear people say when they find out that I have a new hip, "you would never know", quite reassuring.

I still do my hospital exercises religiously, swim, and have got back into the gym on a 20 minute strengthening programme - I have to be a little careful with this as I have a habit of overdoing things. I do get a little sore in the thigh muscles of both legs if I do too much, as I write I've eased back on the gym to every other day and feel better for it. Before I had the surgery I was told by my physiotherapist that recovery was not a sprint, but a marathon.

He is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hi there @Dougb, so good to hear from you and to read that life is good :)
 
One year ago yesterday (12/21/12) was my one year anniversary of having my life back with my new hip. I celebrated (among other ways) by dancing the twist at my dear friend's wedding, and walking in 3" heels (gracefully I might add) through the Boston Common, and past the Frog Pond (a skating rink for winter). I am looking forward to getting back on skates, and, yes, back on the ski slopes (the bunny hill for now) this winter. I think of where I was a year ago, what I went through in my recovery (oh what a rollercoaster), and am grateful for what I have, and don't have.
 
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I checked in. I see most of you are doing great. I hit my 1 year mark for having the right hip replaced on Thanksgiving. I'm still "careful" but very active. No restrictions. The chats here were so helpful to me early on when the recovery seemed to take so long and I was so tired of feeling "dependent". I met a lovely lady at a concert early in December. She had just had her knee done and I could see she was needing to talk about the daily, hourly, ups and downs. I hope she took my recommendation and joined here, because when we're going through the daily grind of early recovery.. no one else really wants a blow by blow chat about it.
Thanks to all of you for being here.. and Merry Christmas!
 
Great to hear from you @CatPrincess, I remember your early days post op, how wonderful to read how much you are planning and looking forward to... Good for you :)

@Hippy12, where has that year gone? I remember our chats!

Hope you can both pop by for the BoneSmart New Years Eve online party - I have started a thread in the social room :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom