Guest viewing is limited

THR Here I am!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DebB , my sincere and deepest condolences on your niece, the loss of any family memeber is too deep to describe and at 32 just simply cannot be explained. I know she is in gods care now and is a beautiful angel that will protect all of your family always.

Best Regards
stargirl xx
 
Glad you got such a goods report Deb!! Isn't God awesome? He gets us through our toughest battles! I am sure the service yesterday was very hard on you and your family. I am keeping you all in my prayers. Keep up the positive attitude. It is very refreshing
 
Hi Everyone,
Got my 6 week check up today and OS said I have no restrictions. I can cross my legs, sleep on my side, go to work, whatever I want to do, just don't jump or jog. It's funny how doctors vary so much in their instructions with the same approach done and similar age and circumstances. Some say PT, some don't etc, some take a follow up Xray, some don't , some explain things and some don't at all.. etc. Oh well, he said I am doing fine, come back in 6 more weeks. I am still enjoying doing my exercises in the pool. I reccomend it to everyone. It is so wonderful not to wake up and go to bed at night in terrible bone on bone pain!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Here I am!!
great update! No restrictions except jumping and jogging----watch yourself---be easy to increase activity too much here in the beginning---just move slowly into new things. I know that pain free man-made hip is a blessing. I love mine, too.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Here I am!!
 
Great report Texas Girl, I follow your reports close because were only a week apart. I can't jog or jump either but thats ok with me. He still has me on the 90' rule and no crossing until i see him again in the first week in March. I wonder if the jumping and jogging thing has to do with being uncemented and he didn't use any screws in my cup. Anyway great report and keep moving forward......
 
Badgerfan,
I follow you as well.. It seems you are doing really good. I have no intention of jumping or jogging right now. LOL I am starting to walk easier now, but still can't walk for too long without some hip pain. I can still feel pain in my hip when I put full weight on it. I love exercising in the pool cause it doesn't hurt and I can do more than if I was on the stationary bikes and other equip. Looking forward to when I can take walks and not even think of my hip hurting at all. I am just so happy the worst is over and I am getting my life back. How come you have to wait so long to got back to work? Are you in a very physical job? Please keep posting !
 
Great news. Now remember no jogging or jumping. :loll: I am so glad you are doing so great. Keep it up and you will get to the finish line when you are ready.:wink: Take care and do have fun. tashia
 
Hi Texas Girl, When i first seen my OS back in Oct. he told me he likes to keep his patients off work at least 12 weeks. I don't have a physical job but i do stand for 10 hrs./day. It varies from 4 to 6 days a week depending on the overtime schedule. He said since i stand that much it may be 12-18 weeks before he would release me. I wonder if it has to do with being uncemented and i don't have any screws in my cup. I see on my paperwork i turned into my employer before the surgery he put down April 30 for my return date. He may have been exaggerating that a bit to cover himself. I love being off work even though were in the dead of winter here.

What part of Texas are you in ?? I have a sister in the FT. Worth area and we were just down there last Sept. for our nephews wedding. We spent a week in the state and made a vacation out of it. We flew into DFW and then drove down to San Antonio for 5 days and then back to Waxahachie for the wedding and then back home. We were also there in April 2011 for the other nephew's wedding. That trip we did the Cowboy stadium tour and just hung out in the Ft. Worth area. Love the weather but it would take some getting used to to live there. Fast paced.

Happy healing....
 
Hi Badgerfan,
Wow! 10 hours on your feet! I could not have done that before I had hip problems! No wonder you can't go back to work for awhile. I am working 4 hours a day but not on my feet. I love the San Antonio area. I live in the Dallas/FT.Worth area. It gets pretty hot here in the summer but would not want to live in the snow. I did that before, and I hated digging my car out and driving in it. Would love to visit Wisconsin one day, but not in the winter months. Enjoy your time off. It seems like time has just flown by sincce my surgery. I thought I would have all this time to just do nothing, but I really didn't. Between PT and just keeping up with daily chores and activities, i have stayed busy. Glad you are doing so well!
 
Hey there TG, so pleased you are enjoying the pool work.. The walking will come.. :)
 
Thanks Poppet! I think I do more in the pool than I do if I am using the exercise equipment or doing exercises. I guess it doesn't hurt as much, just have to be careful not to overdue it. I think it is wonderful how you encourage everyone every day. You are awesome!
 
Texas Girl, Did you see that poppet started a thread for us 2012 class of hippies ?? We'll have to get signed up for that. I see many familiar faces on there.....
 
No, I had not seen that!!! Thanks so much for letting me know. I will for sure post on there when I get a chance. Yes, I see several peopel I have been following. That's cool. Great to hear frome everyone!!!
 
Hey Texas Girl, how are you doing now that your about 3 and a half months post op? I saw where you had mentioned having some back pain in one of your posts. Has that improved? Are you where you thought you would be by this time? I haven't been as good about keeping up with everyone as I was pre-op. It seems like the more I improve get the more I try or at least attempt to try to take on. Especially with spring trying to emerge. I do hope you are doing well! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Weezi! Thanks so much for checking on me. I just had my 12 week check up a few days ago and the doctor said he thought I was doing really great. I don't limp any more unless it is late at night and I have been on my feet alot. I am so happy about that! I thought I might have to wear a lift in my shoe because my legs are a little uneven, but I don't. Yea!! My back does hurt, but my doctor says that is pretty normal. I am back to work and on my feet most of the time. All in all, I am so happy to be without that awful pain. I think of you often. I try to check the site every day or so, but you are right, the better we feel, the more we get busy doing more. I always want to encourage everyone though. I would have been lost without everyone here to get me through it. How are you? Did you ever accomplish anything with the hospital? I just hated you went through all that, but hopefully you are doing well now. Take care, and thanks again for thinking of me!
 
Texas Girl What a way to go. Back to work and getting your life back in order. Please don't go too fast because you are still recovering. I know its been some time but this surgrey is ruff but do have fun. Take care Tashia
 
Thanks Tashia! I look back now and wonder where the time has gone since surgery. I seemed to have gotten back into life pretty quickly. I don't remember having alot of down time. I am very mindul though of my hip and I don't put myself in situations that I might hurt myself. I am just very thankful that my recovery has gone so well. Hope all is well with you!!
 
Texas Girl,
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well! I had a rough start but am pleased as punch now that pain is gone and I am able to stand upright once again! I may have never had my surgery if it wasn't for this site and the encouragement from all the buddies!! It has been a blessing to me! I had put the hospital off for a while but it's ironic because they sent me a survey form, twice! So now I have an open invitation to give them a piece of my mind. Thankfully I documented everything but it is still planted in my memory, probably will be forever. I am having trouble with my back. It starts acting up if I've been on my feet for to long. I am going to the doctor this Wednesday and hoping he will let me discard the walker and release me to drive. That's great that you don't have to have a shoe lift! I thought I noticed some leg length differential too but once things settled down it went away. I will let you know what happens at my doctor's appt. So good to hear from you! :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom