Trying to stay positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does it mean on your earlier question when the bone collapses on bone?
 
That maybe wasn't the right phrase...what I meant was when he showed me the x-ray, the femoral head looked like someone had taken a scoop out of it. He said the bone had collapsed there. I'm still waiting to hear if he thinks there is an infection in the hip. I guess no news is good news?
 
My doctor said the xrays showed bone has collapsed on itself. I don't really know what that means.
:)

When the cartilage in the hip joint deteriorates it allows the femur (the thigh bone) to begin to make direct contact with the acetabulum (the hip socket in the pelvis). This deterioration is what leads to pain in the socket, referred pain down to the knee and the "stone in the shoe" sensation of walking along pretty smoothly and suddenly it feels as if there is a bit of debris in the hip joint that stops you in your tracks and takes your breath away. Well, that's how it worked for me...

Sometimes those components of the hip joint collapse for other reasons as well and Josephine would probably be better at detailing those issues.

So, Sqwerlie still no information on that aspiration?

Take care,
Cardie
 
What he meant was that the top of the femoral head had collapsed and resulted in a pit there, as shown in this xray

[Bonesmart.org] Trying to stay positive
 
C Mac No, nothing yet. I did call today to see and all the nurse would tell me was that two results came back "kind of high" and they were waiting for the third, then he would call me. I think maybe she was referring to the two labs I had done first, because I was under the impression there wasn't enough fluid from the hip aspiration to do more than one test. At least, I hope that's what she meant :beg:
 
Our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren are home from Haiti (missionaries) and staying with us for a couple of weeks. Soooooo good to see them and cuddle the kids. I think they were surprised at how bad my hip was though....when they left I had two good ones! I can't wait to get my new hip so I can play with the kids like I used to :spin:
 
Hi sqwerlie There's nothing like cuddles from grandchildren and spending time with your family to lift your spirits Enjoy yourself and June will be here very soon
 
zauberflöte They got off the plane in shirtsleeves and flip flops....fortunately I had all their winter coats here. They'll be home for the summer at least, then will see where God leads them to go. Their house is rented out until the end of the month, so it's a couple of weeks here and a couple of weeks at their other Grandma's, then they can move back into their own home. The kids loved the snow! Me, not so much :skep:
 
sqwerlie I know it's hard having a child/grands out there in the field-- but they answered the call, and please tell them I'm with them 100%. I'd better not say I'll include them in my prayers, cos i forget my own missionaries anyway LO L.
Maybe your snow is gone gone gone for the year???? Spring is on the way :)
 
sqwerlie, I see you're in Wisconsin. I'm in Minnesota. I know what you mean about enough of winter. We got several inches in a very short time this morning. Driving into work was white out in some places.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Trying to stay positive
I'm just so glad I live in the South---86 degrees here today with bright sunshine. Will have a cold front coming through and will get some nasty thunder storms and a couple of days of low 70s and then back into the 80s. Spring has really arrived here---things blooming right and left and yellow pollen covering everything in sight!!!
 
sqwerlie, Couldn't help to see your from WI also. You must be more north of us because all we are getting is rain. We are located about 35 south of Madison. Isn't this a strange spring ?? I am hoping for some nice weather because they have me scheduled to return to work on the 29th. I would like to get some spring outdoor work done before then. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.....
 
badgerfan, yes this has been a very long winter. I am so ready for some sunshine and warm temps. We are about an hour north of Green Bay. I was hoping to get the flower boxes planted before my surgery, but at this rate I will still be making snowmen in June!
 
I will be freezing in June.. Hopefully no snow..
 
Poppet, whereabouts in Oz are you with snow? I'm in Sydney and if I'm unlucky I might need to wear a jumper for a day or two during winter lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom