Recent content by bab123

  1. bab123

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Perhaps I am in that slump. I expect that each day , after almost 4 weeks that I should improve. Today I went grocery shopping alone cause I felt like I could do it but by the time I got back my hip thigh area was aching. I iced and a few hours later it is still achy. Too much ? Most of the...
  2. bab123

    THR On my way!

    So today I drove myself to the library and also dropped something off at someone's house. I was surprised that by the time I came home, I felt pretty beat. Not really more pain, just like I wanted to rest, so I did. Perhaps I am at the stage of thinking I can do a fair amount but I really can't...
  3. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Hi everyone, I just returned from my surgeon two week follow up visit, reporting in :) -I thought I had staples but he removed the bandage (water proof so I didn't have to do anything with it) and there are no staples, glued on outside, internal stitches. Probably a 4 inch incision, healing...
  4. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Hi all, doing really well today. I have a PT visit and blood work for coumadin. I walked up to our second floor today for the first time - we have a master br downstairs so I haven't had to go up there. @Squirrellymom I did get iron and have taken one table for last couple of days. So far no GI...
  5. bab123

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    I haven't been wearing TEDS for several days since the pt person told me I didn't need them. I am doing very well except I probably overdid it yesterday. Felt very good, did some cooking with hubby, walked around house a lot. During the night my thigh area was so achey and sore. I am being less...
  6. bab123

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Cindy, Sounds great! I agree with you on the emotional side - I have had several periods of feeling some mixture of more than normal depressed, annoyed, etc, it eventually just goes away so i try hard to not snap at anyone :)
  7. bab123

    THR On my way!

    I hope to go out for dinner or breakfast early next week! I had another PT session today and blood work for coumadin. Also had a dr appt with GP, he said I am anemic and suggested I take over the counter slow release iron. Funny though he said the OS probably wouldn't agree with that, and would...
  8. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Cindy, yes that is the feeling! Maybe it is part of the healing process. My husband says I am walking totally normal with the cane which is nice to hear. The PT said I didn't need to wear the compression sox since I am on my feet a lot. Dr didn't say when to stop wearing, has anyone else stopped...
  9. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Hello Everyone, I thought I would give an update. I had my first PT session Monday. It was very mild which I was thankful for. I have another one tomorrow and have easy exercises to do 1-3 times a day. So far, I have just done the routine one time each day, I think that is enough along with...
  10. bab123

    THR On my way!

    My coloring book and pencils should be coming in the mail today so I can start using my terribly non creative side. Have appt for warfarin blood work in a bit and first PT session at noon. Then I plan to rest for afternoon and evening. I got up at 8 am this morning, I think I could have slept...
  11. bab123

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Cindy, nice report! I would say my pain experience is same as yours. When I am sitting or laying down, I have no pain at all. Walking might be a 3-5 at times, usually less, but it is more of a stiffness than a pain. I have a PT appt tomorrow so I will see what they think I should be doing. This...
  12. bab123

    THR On my way!

    @CatLady1 That makes sense. It's amazing what a few days can do to clear up your my foggy head a bit with meds. It was recommended that I make a list when I take any of the meds, that has been super useful to me.
  13. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Thanks guys, @CatLady1 , My husband offered to do my pills but since there is some subjectivity to when I take what at what time, depending pain need, I would rather in control of it, because I am basically a controlling person :) Had a good nights sleep with my bad side reminding me any...
  14. bab123

    THR On my way!

    I have thought about coloring books, I even set some aside on my wish list. Perhaps I should get a couple.
  15. bab123

    THR On my way!

    Hi everyone. Thanks for the validation of my temporary mental state ! I have also listing my meds as I take them ! I agree with reading problems too. I almost always read couple books a week. Right now I'm not as interested in reading. so i shall watch silly tv-and not feel guilty Joann...
Back
Top Bottom