THR On my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi @bab123 ! Congrats on your new hip! And you are home and settling in for the recovery ride. It's a great ride!
My sister gifted me coloring books, and they were a nice diversion. I must confess that I enjoyed my recuperation time. Watched t.v., walked outside on the sunny days, colored. Played on Bonesmart.. :heehee:

Glad you are doing so well.
 
Thanks guys, @CatLady1 , My husband offered to do my pills but since there is some subjectivity to when I take what at what time, depending pain need, I would rather in control of it, because I am basically a controlling person :)

When I say hubby took control of the pills, it's was mostly taking control of the reminders and handing them out. I stayed on the clock for pills for the first two weeks. .....We lengthened the clock, but it was a regular schedule. To the point of waking up in the night to take them. But when I started sleeping through the pill alarm, that's when I knew the schedule could get lengthened.


Sent from my iPad
 
@CatLady1 That makes sense. It's amazing what a few days can do to clear up your my foggy head a bit with meds. It was recommended that I make a list when I take any of the meds, that has been super useful to me.
 
You're doing well - this is all such positive news. :loveshwr: So glad you're settled in at home and all's well. Keep it up:wowspring:
 
Just caught up on your thread and thought, "What a pair, what a pair!"

I,too, don't mind the TEDS AND I had my daughter purchase 3 coloring books and 3 sets of colored pencils for me since it seems to be the newest thing! :heehee:

I'm so sorry you had to experience that nasty, nasty nausea! Nothing worse! However, I am VERY happy you are up and at em and feeling good. On our way to freedom....YES!
 
My coloring book and pencils should be coming in the mail today so I can start using my terribly non creative side. Have appt for warfarin blood work in a bit and first PT session at noon. Then I plan to rest for afternoon and evening. I got up at 8 am this morning, I think I could have slept till 10!
 
@bab123 - Have fun with your coloring book and pencils! Hope your PT session went really well.

Nothing wrong with sleeping till 10! Let yourself do it if you feel like it - this is the time for rejuvenating SLEEP! :sleep:

Congrats on that new hip and best wishes for a continued good recovery. :)
 
Hello Everyone, I thought I would give an update. I had my first PT session Monday. It was very mild which I was thankful for. I have another one tomorrow and have easy exercises to do 1-3 times a day. So far, I have just done the routine one time each day, I think that is enough along with walking. Last night I slept probably the best since I have been home. Although I am able to sleep on my side, I had been waking up multiple times most nights, feeling sweaty, little chilled. Two nights ago, I could not get my legs warm. Last night, I used an extra blanket and slept very well, on sides and on back.
I am walking with the walker a fair amount just back and forth on first floor of house. I just used the cane to see how that feels, actually it feels fine :).
This forum has been SO helpful, I truly appreciate all of the information and support!!!!
 
So far, I have just done the routine one time each day, I think that is enough along with walking.
:yes!: Certainly is enough. Walking is really the best exercise for that new hip. Trouble is too many people try and push through exercises thinking they may benefit in the end. Then we see chronic pain problems.

You are doing great @bab123 !
 
So good to hear you're doing well!!!! Aren't we blessed?

Today I thought I'd see how the cane felt because all of my pain is gone and I'm finding myself taking a few steps without my walker without thinking. I do know if I limp at all, I will immediately go back to the walker, as I don't want limping to become a habit I need to unlearn.

I've also have experienced the night sweating on occaision. It's the same feeling after a fever breaks, right?
 
Cindy, yes that is the feeling! Maybe it is part of the healing process. My husband says I am walking totally normal with the cane which is nice to hear. The PT said I didn't need to wear the compression sox since I am on my feet a lot. Dr didn't say when to stop wearing, has anyone else stopped wearing after a week or so?
Also, how long have people waited to go out for something besides a dr appt? I would like to go our for a quick dinner some evening but maybe I should wait till I have my follow up with surgeon next Wed.
 
Dr didn't say when to stop wearing, has anyone else stopped wearing after a week or so?
I ditched the TEDs post second THR after 2 weeks. If you are up and about all day I would not worry. But of course it's your decision.
Also, how long have people waited to go out for something besides a dr appt?
Give it a try when you feel up to a venture out. Take a pillow with you in case seating is too low. Use the disabled toilet if needed as it will have bars to help you raise and lower. You may feel very tired after going out but the sense of accomplishment is grand! Enjoy!
 
I am so jealous of all you new hippies who are allowed to sleep on your side!!!!!! I have 9 more night until my 6 weeks appointment (where hopefully I'm turned loose). Can you tell I'm counting days yet??


Sent from my iPad
 
I hope to go out for dinner or breakfast early next week! I had another PT session today and blood work for coumadin. Also had a dr appt with GP, he said I am anemic and suggested I take over the counter slow release iron. Funny though he said the OS probably wouldn't agree with that, and would say it will correct itself. So I guess I will take it?? My first OS follow up is next Wednesday. Using cane all the time now instead of walker!!
 
@bab123 My first real excursion out was last night and I did just fine. I did visit hair salon about a week ago and had no troubles sitting in the chair and getting a hair trim. My GP gave me lab instructions to have iron and vitamin D levels checked and I haven't had it done yet. I need to get on that. My OS said I should be taking calcium and vitamin D. I take Fosamax once a week for osteoporosis but guess I should be taking more.
Glad you are healing and wanting to get out. Do it between snow showers! It does feel good to get out of sweat pants and house shoes . :snow plough:
 
Hi all, doing really well today. I have a PT visit and blood work for coumadin. I walked up to our second floor today for the first time - we have a master br downstairs so I haven't had to go up there.
@Squirrellymom I did get iron and have taken one table for last couple of days. So far no GI problems from it. I really am looking forward to predicted weather here later this week - in the 60s and sunny. My plan is to take short walks down our block in the sunshine!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom