THR On my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just returned from my surgeon two week follow up visit, reporting in :)
-I thought I had staples but he removed the bandage (water proof so I didn't have to do anything with it) and there are no staples, glued on outside, internal stitches. Probably a 4 inch incision, healing well.
- I can drive since I am not taking narcotics anymore
-He reminded me not to have a dentist appt for 4 months due to infection possibility.
-Coumadin for another two weeks, kind of a pain because I have to get blood work twice a week to check clotting time.
-I asked him about exercise class and yoga when I go back to it. He showed me how not to do an overextension of my leg for three months. I probably won't go back to those classes until then anyway.
-I had my cane with me but wasn't really using it
-My primary care doc has me taking iron supplements because my blood was iron deficient after surgery. I was wondering why I felt so nauseous this morning, then I remembered that is a side effect, ugh.
-The implant is titanium, with poly something plastic and porcelain bowl. No cement.
-I have another visit with him in four weeks.
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
 
Great update @bab123! You are doing really well! Enjoy driving again. Can you take those iron supplements after eating food? That may help with the nausea....

You, too - have a lovely day! :flwrysmile:
 
Wonderful update! Not only were we surgery twins, but we have the same hardware as well! We are right on track with our recoveries as well. Only difference is I still have the collapsed femur on my right hip, so the OS wants me to use a cane (if I don't limp) or the walker (if I do limp) until I have my second hip replaced. :-)
 
So today I drove myself to the library and also dropped something off at someone's house. I was surprised that by the time I came home, I felt pretty beat. Not really more pain, just like I wanted to rest, so I did. Perhaps I am at the stage of thinking I can do a fair amount but I really can't quite yet.

I was told by my surgeon I didn't need to take the iron, it will work itself out in a few weeks. I still have some stomach discomfort, perhaps from the coumadin?? It's really the only med I am still on that is different.
 
@bab123 You are absent from BS and I wanted to check-up and see how are things in your world. You are probably so busy that posting just isn't on the list. You are approaching 2 months PO and, if I recall, you are not one of us unlucky hippies who are doing the two-hip step. If you see this post and have a moment let us know how you are getting on. Hope you are feeling "totally healed" and enjoying spring. --julie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom