Recent content by Autumn01

  1. A

    Bilateral THR PT before and after THR

    Maybe I am wrong but seems to me a whole industry is built around forcing people on a conveyor belt after hip surgery strait to PT and complications. i was years down the collaped road and fusion of bone…long past walking…. Yet within weeks without any PT, i was back to a normal that I had lost...
  2. A

    THR avascular necrosis after kidney transplant

    If I can add that I went for years in denial with the last year near total incapacitation largely because I was the only support from my mother in dementia and had no time to look at cause of my own crippling inability…which I was firmly in denial about anyway! but years before I used to hike...
  3. A

    THR Newbee

    Ok take care with the ice. Balance Is needed! the idea is the system ups its circulation to remove debris and provide help and healing to area to keep infection down etc…. that causes heat and swelling and discomfort. you now provide ice to keep that down. Fine. So you are comfortable...
  4. A

    THR Can Hip Replacement surgery be handled on ones own???

    I am very independent too! But sense and my own reason made me see i had to accept help for my own best outcome. i bought some cheap sheets for first couple of weeks. used them and threw them out. i had enough clothes to last for weeks. i used baby wipes in place of showering. I had food...
  5. A

    THR Questions and concerns for Preparation for THR

    I recall my denial that I had a problem…all I needed was a few days rest and all would be ok. once disgnosed with dysplasia there could be no denial, but I was still in denial! The mind is a very strong master. and in the heavy covid days stuck in backwater town looking after dementia mom...
  6. A

    Newbie - looking for some information

    I had Mako mini posterior. best decision ever. I am told by my son it was barely in the theatre and the call from the doc came so fast he initially thought there was a problem. But no! All was done, went in, under and …zoom….i was out in recovery. Mako is nothing more than a PT scan that...
  7. A

    THR The new road step by step

    Its coming up to SIX MONTHS! All going well. Now and again I have a twinge here and there..who knows whats causing it! Some hard edge pinching something as I move or sit badly on the edge of some chair. Its the only reminder I have that there is a difference and to take care. Otherwise I...
  8. A

    Revision THR Hippielife's story

    @Hippielife do you know if ultrasound treatment for infections is being researched for use anywhere in US? i have read of ultrasound now being explored for amazing focused interventions including infections and would possibly be available? surgery might not be the only way out of this maze...
  9. A

    Revision THR I'm back after a long time

    Westyll it sounds a rather bad nightmare you are caught up in. i was wondering what you are doing from your side to rev up your immune system and help fight infections. i would be throwing any food and vitamin that helps into my mouth. At least it would make me feel as if I was a party to the...
  10. A

    THR The new road step by step

    Hiya all! Nearly 3 months. I can hardly believe it. all so far going well. Walking, sleeping…. All ok. i am finding bending ok. I try and still do golfers reach but sometimes forget. I had a bad fright when i was putting some things away and stretched down sideways and immediately felt...
  11. A

    THR Should I go ahead?

    Arabella I went private because i was in complete denial until i could barely walk! And then I couldnt get back to UK with the latest covid goings on. so i did next best thing and shopped here in Greece. I chose a surgeon who works both in Athens and in UK. so I flew to Athens for my surgery...
  12. A

    THR Terrible muscle pains

    Yoga i am really sorry for your loss. It will take time to find some comfort and acceptance. meanwhile your immune system is depressed because the body takes energy away to give to other organs in distress. please up all your vitamin intake. Especially vit b complex like barrocca to cope...
  13. A

    Revision THR Golfer67 Recovery Thread

    Golfer67, i am not a medic nor any kind of expert. But prior to my surgery, i read huge amount of research trying to make semse of my options. i came across published articles that clearly said placement of cup was a high risk, higher than 50% of misplacement. The graphic looked like the...
  14. A

    THR Just looking for some guidance

    I had my op 26 nov, so that about 7 weeks also. I actually am no longer counting. i am walking ok. Doing a couple of kms every day with hills thrown in. But just today i took extra detour to indian grocery shop and my wheely was a touch too heavy and i just decided to call a taxi rather than...
  15. A

    Revision THR Hip pain 20 months post op

    any mention of infection obviously interests all of us! i understand the prosthesis has no interaction with any aspect of blood system. Eventually new growth is promoted but still, it is enclosed within the body and would sit distinct. at the same time, given we are on earth where...
Back
Top Bottom