Guest viewing is limited

THR Terrible muscle pains

Dear Yoga Lesley, I am so sorry to hear of the heartbreaking loss of your partner Michael. Our thoughts are with you. I hope you can find some peace.
 
Checking in on you, Lesley on this three month anniversary of your THR.
I hope your Covid symptoms are waning and you’re feeling the love and well wishes we’re sending in your illness and grief. Big hugs :console2:
@YogaLesley
 
There is still some soreness in and around my hip but it seems so little now in the face of such huge loss. I feel I wasted our last months together complaining and worrying about every little twinge. And he was such a loving caring ministering angel to me. I think Covid almost gone. Thank you all for your kindness.
 
Good to hear you’re rebounding from Covid, Lesley!

I feel I wasted our last months together complaining and worrying about every little twinge. And he was such a loving caring ministering angel to me.
:prayer:Prayers any guilt you’re struggling with fades quickly and you’re soon able to stay focused on all of the positive in your relationship and your feelings of gratitude for your lengthy union and the love and good times you two shared.
Hugs :console2:
 
As I said, I stayed with my sister and brother in law for Christmas and New Year. They were very supportive and loving and kind. Clive (brother in law) was not recovering so well as my sister and I when I returned home on January 3rd.. On 4th my sister rang to say that he too was dead very suddenly. Cardiac arrests. Post mortem yet to come. My sister and I, our only family, no children, are both devastated. I am learning however about the kindness of strangers as I struggle to organise the funeral on 19th. I have hip review on 17th but left hip is going to have to wait. Right one pretty OK walking without sticks since Michael died, hardly thinking about it, aches a bit now and then but nothing really. Left one not really troubling me yet so it will have to wait till I am in a better state to cope with it. Sorry to pour all this out here. I know many people have suffered losses this Christmas.
 
Aww, Lesley….this is simply heartbreaking. I can’t believe all you’ve endured recently. I’m sorry for your latest loss in your BIL’s passing, on the heels of all else. Thankfully you and your sister have one another for support. We care also and while we don’t know you, personally, we will be here to encourage you anytime you‘re in need. Sending a warm hug and continued prayers for your comfort and peace of mind as you heal physically and emotionally. :console2:
@YogaLesley
 
@YogaLesley Sending you warm hugs and solace :console2:You have been through so much in a short period of time, I can not begin to imagine the heartache you are experiencing.

My grandmother's saying: "A problem shared is halved, a joy shared is doubled" - this is a safe and supportive place to share what ever you need to.

Stress, grief, and other life difficulties add to the impact on your body and can slow down healing. Do remember to take care of your self while trying to get all the other things handled.
 
So sorry to hear of the loss of your BIL, so close to that of your partner. Sending you good wishes and hoping you can find away through everything life is currently throwing at you. There will eventually be better times, I am sure.
 
I’ve just read through your posts @YogaLesley. I’m so very sorry for the losses of your partner and brother in law. My heart goes out to you. Sending you lots of love and strength to get through this difficult time. XX
 
Just had a phone call from hospital, checkup on Monday cancelled due to Covid situation. Quite a relief really as it is quite a long way away and funeral will be on Wednesday. Hip aching quite a bit last night not sure why. I realise I do need to start trying to eat again and look after myself a bit more. Thanks for all your kind messages.
 
So very sorry to hear about the death of your brother in law:sad:

Holding you and your sister close in my thoughts and hope you are doing OK
Hugs xx
 
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. The next couple of weeks will be tough. Be kind to yourself as you heal both physically and emotionally. There is no timeline for grief. Like your hip, it will just take the time it takes. Sending you and your family prayers and angel comfort. ❤️
 
I realise I do need to start trying to eat again and look after myself a bit more

Try snacks if you don’t have much of an appetite right now, Lesley. I’ll share an old list, I should try to update, of some quick snacks and maybe a few will appeal to you for energy and sustenance as you move through the next couple of weeks. Stress does seem to affect weaker areas in our bodies and with your hip still on the mend after major surgery just over three months ago, your body is till in healing mode. Don’t forget about the power of ice either, may not be your fave, but it can help if you’re dealing with discomfort or pain.
Hugs and wishes for peace and comfort. :console2:

Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)
@YogaLesley
 
Good practical advice as always @Layla, thank you. Having barely noticed it for the last 3 weeks my operated is really hurting today, even giving way when I stand like it used to before it was replaced. Not sure why? I walked down hill and back up from our little town yesterday and didn't use sticks. Also I think I have been crossing my legs a lot without thinking about it. I will indeed go back to the ice again tonight and take my sticks when I walk to collect my car from the garage tomorrow. Hope I haven't done too much damage, really don't need it just now on top of everything.
 
Yoga i am really sorry for your loss. It will take time to find some comfort and acceptance.

meanwhile your immune system is depressed because the body takes energy away to give to other organs in distress.

please up all your vitamin intake. Especially vit b complex like barrocca to cope with stress and vitamin C to boost immune system to help it function. Both these vitamins are killed by oxygen so lifespan is approx 4 hours.

you dont want weak areas like your surgery area, that may have been fighting microbes to suddenly lose immune support and have microbes go wild.

and add prebiotic and probiotic foods. i find the greek yoghurt ‘fage’ variety in UK, the best for cultures. Get one with as many live ones as you can And contain real milk. I refuse to support to give my money to fake chemical foods!
And good live sauerkraut from health shops.

And its no good eating right if your stomach just doesnt have the microbes needed to process and break it down….add probiotics and prebiotics!
 
Last edited:
Thank you @Autumn01 for the useful advice. I am taking Vitamin C with Zinc and Vitamin D but not B although I think it is in the cereal I eat. Michael used to take B so we probably have plenty of it. All so sad. But thanks. X
 
Hello @YogaLesley
I noticed that today is your four month anniversary since your THR. I’m sure it’s insignificant in light of all you’ve been through recently. I hope you and your sister are doing as well as can be expected. I would imagine you take turns propping each other up given you both suffered loss within such a short period of time. Thankfully you have one another. More time will heal your hearts and hopefully the happy memories bring smiles and comfort your souls.
Hugs :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom