Recent content by Alice M

  1. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    Pain. Pain under my knee, the place where it's still sort of numb. Darn, I was doing so well. Getting back to work, sleeping. Now it hurts ugh Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  2. A

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    What worked for me was melatonin (easily available over the counter). It's actually a chemical that we all produce when we are getting tired. My problem was insomnia and I couldn't seem to find a regular sleep pattern. I took it at the same time every night for about four days, the fifth day I...
  3. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    That has happened to me too!! One night something will help me sleep and I'll think hooray I've found the ticket! And the next day I finally find myself looking forward to going to sleep, but then...the thing I found doesn't work anymore. Frustrating. But I suppose I'm gathering quite a list...
  4. A

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    I remember my first outing, when I got home and felt exhausted. I also remember that it wasn't too long after that I got the blues. My mind was ready or regular life but my body was not. Someone told me to wait just two more weeks and it would get better. They were right!! It's gradual...
  5. A

    Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

    Reading your thread, you have amazing courage and patience. I wish you all the best on your surgery. One step at a time, one day at a time. Take care Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  6. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    My numbed spot is getting smaller (it was quite big). I'm noticing that the biggest numbed place is below my knee, and when my knee hurts after over-use it's that particular spot that bothers me the most. Any advice about that, other than keep on icing? Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  7. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    Did Nytol work for you? I can totally sympathize with the zombie no-sleep world. Hopefully you, unlike me don't get cranky and drive your husband and kids crazy. Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  8. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    Yes, trying to ease back in. Sometimes I take the stairs, sometimes I just have to take the elevator. I've been catching myself on keeping good posture - for several years I was gradually hunching over to relieve the pain of my arthritic bone on bone leg. But now I can stand tall and walk...
  9. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    Gosh, I wish I could sleep whenever I felt like it, but I'm back on a schedule now - work is back. I'm up at 5am and return home about 4:30pm. The melatonin has seemed to help me get back to a regular sleep time even though I wake several times in the night, I'm able to get back to sleep...
  10. A

    TKR Sleepless in Seattle

    2 months post op. Returned to work today. The most standing I have done in a long time, whew. I brought ice for lunchtime. Now I'm home at the end of the day and I'm so tired. My knee was strong and it was so wonderful to be back to "normal", but now it wants rest, feels a bit swollen and is...
  11. A

    TKR Jeffs new left knee"

    Go easy, but go! Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  12. A

    Bilateral TKR What Can You Do After Your TKR or BTKR?

    I am inspired, thank you for sharing all the wonderful things you are able to do. 2016 is going to be a joy!! Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  13. A

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Inspirational thank you! Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  14. A

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    Melatonin is helping me to sleep. Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
  15. A

    TKR ironclm's recovery

    Wow, you are an inspiration! Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
Back
Top Bottom