THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

well hey @Layla ! Good to see you! Yesyes exactly re thongs :heehee::loll:But where did you find your high-cut ones? I would really like some more. I bought a dozen supposedly high cut from Costco last winter, and while they are quite nice fabric, they are NOT high cut in the way that I mean. This incision is going to be right in the hip-and-pants-fold line-- and irritated-- for some time to come!

My favorite early-recovery outfit is a featherweight crinkle rayon jumper I found at GoodWill before my first hip. Not suitable for going out, unless you want to add a slip, but oh so comfy, and since you're wearing a t-shirt under it, you don't have to wash it every day. WHen I'd thought I was going to do this hip last February, I bought a corduroy one from Blair, 6 sizes too big because on sale, which would have served the same function. In the event, it was, thankfully, another summer hip-- no socks to worry about, lots more soft, drapey (the real word is floppy!) linen pants to wear out of the house.

How am I today? Still semi-resting, stiff and sore-- maybe I moved around in bed more than I have been? and in the middle of a massive and detrimental munchies period. I can't tell if it's just all in my head from boredom, or if my body is asking for building blocks Right This Minute. Building blocks I can accept, but have to come up with something more nutritious than saltines LOL. Munchies, gotta cut 'em off!

I went for a short walk outside, just a few houses up the street and back. It's returned to being hot and humid out, waahh. We had a lovely spell of "early fall" in which it was mid-80's and no humidity. Back to summer for a while. Next up is a short drive. Monday I have to drive 20 miles to hubby's office, to sign some legal stuff with our son. The lawyer will come anywhere, and home is the worst place, so office it is. So I must build up to that in the next two days! And then, finish hubby's laundry so he has his own underwear (not, I assure you, thongs!) and socks, and then sit up to my flute and give it a spin through its warmup. I'm hoping to be able to get up in time to make the 8:00 rehearsal at church so I can play. I've been ready to play for the past two Sundays, but NOT ready to get up at 6:00. Sigh. I love working with my praise team!

So let me come over and visit you, to properly wish you TGIF and happy weekend!

I hope you take it easy this weekend 4 weeks yes way too soon for side lay. My doc said 12 weeks ....um no moving furniture

Hi @zauberflöte
Undies from Target, I believe Hanes.
I used to spend money on undies.....no more.....I'd rather just replace more often.

As for recovery...... over-sized is all I can offer anyone. I didn't want any tight thing anywhere!

Sorry you're still stiff but I guess it's to be expected. Hopefully it lets up enough for you to enjoy the weekend.

I was always hungry early on in recovery. I find if I don't eat enough protein and add a healthy fat.....I'm not satisfied!

The weather is beautiful in my neck of the woods today! I can't complain.....it's about 74, no humidity. beautiful blue skies with a passing white fluffy cloud. Heavenly! Windows are open and there's a mild breeze. It's been hot here, humid, AC constantly running so I'm very happy today. Hubby and I plan to sit on the deck tonight and BBQ. I'll have a glass of wine, him a beer. Great way to end the week......or start the weekend!

Hope you're able to make it to church for rehearsal, if not enjoy the service. God is good.....we've a lot to be thankful for......I know you agree.

A great weekend to you!

@MyAussieGirl maybe you are! What did you wear? JEANS????? I won't be able to get my jeans over this leg until October, probably. I wanted something that I didn't have to push down over the incision every time I needed to pee, and that doesn't have alot of bulk when I sit down (anterior). I am wearing a regular pair of capris today, but they are a tad bit uncomfortable in front on the left.

@Layla I have many pairs of Hanes, some new and some older. None of them are as high cut as the old high cut Hanes I finally had to toss. When they used to say "hi-cut", they really did mean high. I am tall through the torso-- I have a very long "rise". I would have preferred that length in my shinbones, thank you very much, but I was never meant to be a dancer I guess.

You know, I craved animal protein for many weeks in my first recovery-- maybe I should eat some chicken and fish. Who will fix it for me? LOL

YOur weather sounds so gorgeous, if a bit chilly! We all get used to our weather, don't we. I moved here from Canada, and thought I'd die when I was apartment hunting on Sept 1, about 99F out and 37000% humidity-- I had never experienced anything like that in my life! Now it's par for the course, and I do have central air, which makes all the difference.

Protein is important in recovery. @Mojo333 mentioned on this forum she ate chicken salad. I think she said because it was easy and readily available. Scoop it on crackers, or on its own. It's a good balance too as the Chicken is the protein and a good mayo, the fat, carbs in the onion and celery if you add that.

With so many variations in recipes it can easily suit your taste. My mom brought me some very early on in my recovery and I think I ate it for lunch and dinner one day, then breakfast the next. It was easy, already prepared so all I had to do was plop some on a plate. It just hit the spot for me at the time. You could add craisins, cashew halves, whatever strikes your fancy!! That's if you even like chicken salad, ha!
@zauberflöte

I seldom wear jeans @zaub here in April and in May it was hot to very warm so I wore shorts and a tank top. The reason protein needs fat is they make the carbs from say crackers or bread to slow down keeping sugar levels steady not up and down @Layla BTW your weekend sounds fun.

Jumping again @zauberflöte I wore shorts home too

Dresses, dresses. No rubbing cotton dresses.
Green grapes in the chicken salad with miracle whip, not mayo to add sweet, walnuts or cashews on a thick carb filled fattenening brioche type bread and a big old glass of chocolate milk. Yum, scrum!!!!

I just had roast beef, another fresh corn on the cob, baked beans and mashed taters.

Um @zaub I had posterior never had undie pain.... always wear high cut...you can get them from Victoria's secret, Walmart, K-Mart , JCPENNEY hell everywhere

@Mojo333 your chicken salad sounds yummy.....ummm hamburger helper though I like some I use non white flour noodles much healthier.

@Mojo333 @Layla @MyAussieGirl chicken salad! I guess we'll have to have a checken salad bar on our cruise chip, yes?

That is a salt splurge I'll not make lightly. Even frozen chicken breasts have added salt...last hip salt didn't make a difference, and besides my BP was in the basement. This time it's not, and I am very sensitive to sodium...yuk. It is a very very good thing that I was never a salter-at-the-table. I only use it in baking now, a few grains when truly needed. Soups and stews and savory things never need salt, IMNSHO LOL. And.... I don't eat meat, and rarely dairy! I eat turkey at Thanksgiving, and chicken if I'm forced to. So....what's a girl to do when she has finally grown into the familial metabolic syndrome and yet has to eat for healing? I think grilled/steamed/braised chicken, simple simple. For the low-energy chefess.... Just before the hip, I finished losing the 30 lbs I'd put on after the first hip, some of it for the third time (losing it I mean, and that doesn't count all the yoyos before that!). So, I kinda want to not overeat here!!!

Supper: my perennial go-to: Egg whites nuked in olive oil; and then frozen green beans since the tomatoes I bought on my drive today aren't ripe yet, and I'll open one of the cantaloupe I also bought. I had left-over oatmeal from breakfast as the late afternoon snack, so that's my whole grain. That heart-healthy serving of oatmeal, 3/4 cup raw, is enormous!

I went for a drive today, less than 15 miles total, crossed the river as I will have to do Sunday to get to church if I play, turned around, came back and topped at the little farm stand on the way home. It Wiped Me Out!! However, I persevered through an entire flute warmup, and now deserve my rest for the next hour, I do think. By September 22, I have to be able to drive in heavy traffic at 70mph for over an hour and a half, to get to my OS followup. Sadly, to practise that, I have to pay a toll at both ends :badspidy:grrr.

@zauberflöte you could eat locust like John the Baptist did...protein...and that spider picture you posted well look at him :badspidy: mega meat and packed with protein. You could go with quona or dry beans soak and rinse. Protein in those I believe.

I eat buckets of salt but run low on sodium on blood work. I take BP pills it is not always the fault of salt...love that rhyme?

Your day sounds busy enough ...go ice and get some rest..
Oh oh and btw first week or two my slacks would not have fit I bet as I wear them skin tight like a second skin :holysheep:

@MyAussieGirl well, I was gonna interrupt my post for the breaking news that my cat had brought me the just-hatched cicada he'd caught, but since I wasn't going to eat the muddy buzzy thing, I kept my mouth shut :heehee:

I do usually have quinoa and beans for lunch, but haven't cooked the quinoa since I got home from the hospital, go figure.

That's funny- usually, I eat very little salt and my sodium is a tad low on bloodwork. Possibly because I drink so much water?

I won't need to wear jeans, my winter uniform, until October, which is a good thing, as they are quite snug...

Nom nom eat that bug that's why your cat brought it to you.

The plus with being sick this last month ... unrelated to hip is I lost so much weight my clothes hang from me. Though the slacks I bet fit snug l be like that. Jeans minus sub zero degree weather I can't stand the fabric and heat. I am different.

Go cook some quinoa mix that bug in ...no washing as the dirt is fiber... You need to eat more.

Good Morning @zauberflöte! I didn't realize you just had the second hip replacement on July 27. For whatever reason I thought your THR was several months ago. Your about the same point in recovery I am. From all the post it sounds like all is going well for you in the recovery. What was the time frame for you between the THR surgeries? Also, is your bonesmart name based on the 'Magic Flute'? I found this Mozart Overture of the magic flute on youtube - - you have probably seen it before. Being from Texas, my classical music ain't what it should be - so Blame it on my Roots, we all show up in boots down here.

Good Morning, ZF! I used to play the flute also, in my younger days. Kinda fell by the wayside after college. I still have a guitar and a banjo, which I plan to start playing when I retire in November.
I still have stiffness also, but its not as troublesome/painful as it was a couple of weeks ago. I have had a long string of good days, and for that I am grateful. You really should try my magic oil, its really helpful. Also try a heating pad underneath your butt/lower back, and then move to top of thigh. I keep my heating pad on my bed and use it every night when I first get in. Really helps.

I have been wondering about your BS handle too... @zauberflöte ... Mozart always comes to mind when I read your name here. Care to share how you chose it???

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Unique Mike
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom