Hip revision stories

Lena2

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Anyone here who had to do a hip revision due to dislocation or something? Interested to know what was your story and why you had to do a revision.

@Lena2 I am curious - back in January of this year you were asking about hip replacements and dancers. Have you had a hip replacement surgery since then? Or are you still considering it?

There are folks who have had a dislocation but did not need additional surgery. And there are others who have had a dislocation (or several) who did need revision surgery. It all depends on a particular person's medical situation and what the surgeon(s) determine is the cause of the dislocation(s) - just a fall or a problem with the implant or an underlying infection or ???

I had revision surgery 10 days ago, long thread is on this site. My THR was in 4/22, I dislocated 14 months later while sitting on a low stool, then again 2/24 while walking up a step. Not an elite athlete but always very active, very flexible, had a perfect recovery after my THR. I went back to my original surgeon, who changed out the head and added a locking ring. Recovery is going well, but I was advised by two other physicians that I needed this surgery or future dislocation was inevitable.

@Lena2 I am curious - back in January of this year you were asking about hip replacements and dancers. Have you had a hip replacement surgery since then? Or are you still considering it?

There are folks who have had a dislocation but did not need additional surgery. And there are others who have had a dislocation (or several) who did need revision surgery. It all depends on a particular person's medical situation and what the surgeon(s) determine is the cause of the dislocation(s) - just a fall or a problem with the implant or an underlying infection or ???
Hey !
I am still on a waiting list ((( hence doing as much research as possible

I had revision surgery 10 days ago, long thread is on this site. My THR was in 4/22, I dislocated 14 months later while sitting on a low stool, then again 2/24 while walking up a step. Not an elite athlete but always very active, very flexible, had a perfect recovery after my THR. I went back to my original surgeon, who changed out the head and added a locking ring. Recovery is going well, but I was advised by two other physicians that I needed this surgery or future dislocation was inevitable.
Its unbelievable why it just happened not even during rigorous activity

Hey !
I am still on a waiting list ((( hence doing as much research as possible

Hi Lena,
Are you waiting to be scheduled for a revision?

If you're waiting to schedule a THR surgery, this thread will be moved to the pre-op side of the forum, since you are pre-op. Please clarify...thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for joining us and a great week to you!

THR is an amazing surgery and advances continue to be made. But it’s imperfect, and there are complications, like many operations. I was unlucky but I would not change my decision to have the initial THR or the revision, and I’m looking forward to a successful and full recovery.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TKA TROUBLE
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom