THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

Hi @zauberflöte for some reason my bird avatar went away and having problem uploading it again. Might be a temp glitch on the site. Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend. It's beautiful here in NE Ohio and I've seen a lot of Monarch butterfly's migrating through. They are wonderful!
 
ahhhh @birder that explains everything!! So glad you are you again!

We saw some Monarchs on Cape Cod too but only a few. I was indeed having a good weekend, if you don't count that I was getting ready to leave my favorite vacation spot in the world, and, AND...when we went out for dessert that night (the only walking my hip did that day maybe, I forget), they Did Not have Key Lime pie, which I'd been waiting all week for! :boohoo::bawl:pity poor me...
 
@zauberflöte so glad you had a good weekend. My sister was just at Cape Cod several weeks ago. She rented a house with some friends. So sorry about the key lime pie! How disappointing. You mentioned several times how much you were looking forward to it. Not sure what my favorite dessert is. I think chocolate cake and really good cherry cheesecake are at the top of my list. Take care...Rita
 
Hey Rita @birder ! Key Lime pie has well-known beneficial effects on the healing of THRs, did you know? All that Vitamin C!!! It's not my favorite dessert necessarily, it's just that this place makes it So Well! :rotfl:

I hope your sister had a great time-- I don't know what the weather was like before we got there, but it sure was weird while we were there. Could have rained the whole time, discouraged all that lovely healing walking I did, but it was sunshine, chilly, and then hot and muggy.

I have to get back to that walking! I haven't walked at all since I got home-- too many bills and piles of laundry arrgghh :badspidy:I know I can walk this whole neighborhood in one go, because it's only a little farther than the longest walk I took last week-- so, I must hop to it! :hiking: only without the backpack (backpack was in airport!).
 
My sister said it rained a lot but they still enjoyed their time and view. Loved your view of the ocean! So beautiful. Lol! Yes! We need that vitamin C for sure. :flwrysmile:I know it's so easy to get out of the exercise regimen. I haven't been doing enough either. We will though!
 
@birder yes we will! I went for a tiny walk late last night, and it looks like that will happen again tonight. 2/3 of a mile is better than nothing, right? It's so much easier when you're on vacation and have all that lovely time in front of you, and a destination in mind-- the lighthouse, the cemetery, the crafty shops, Key Lime Pie LOL! I haven'y done the lighthouse walk in ages, hips hurt too much. It's about 6 miles all at once so I will have to work up to that one. Next time, next time, there will be a next time!
 
@zauberflöte Yes! Isn't it so exciting to imagine and dream of things to come. I stopped doing so many things. Next summer will be a very good summer for all of us! I didn't even plant any tomatoes or put out any hanging baskets this summer. But next summer will be so much better. It is wonderful not having a sore hip. I am being bothered by some tight thigh abductor muscles probably because I'm sitting too much at work and not doing my exercises. I do some but not enough. But am trying to do more. I realized today that I made it through the entire day without feeling exhausted. Hope you are having a good evening. Take care...Rita
 
@birder and @Layla I am going to be dark for the @MyAussieGirl weekend because @Mojo333 I am taking my younger son with me to upstate @mystikfairy61 New York @cpollock to help celebrate my mom's 90th birthday!

Who have I left out...I apologize to whoever you may be!

Tuesday, I start weaning for good here.Awful for me to contemplate, and I WILL pop in on certain people (Mags you know who you are...) just because I have you in my heart!!
 
@zauberflöte I have come to look forward to your posts but I know there is life out there beyond hip replacement. Oh geez there goes the emotional side of recovery, tears at the thought. We just get used to things and dread change. But I'll be good. Wishing your mom the best birthday! And hoping you have a wonderful time with her, miss mine daily. Wishing you joy in life! :thumb::happydance::dancy:
 
Last edited:
Wishing you a relaxing vacation with your son and mom. @zauberflöte
How wonderful you're still able to celebrate birthdays with her at 90 yrs of age!
Totally understand becoming scarce, all good things must come to an end.
If it's your time to fly I wish you nothing but the best.
It's been nice communicating these past few months...we've had some fun!
Sending a hug....
Safe travels!
 
Last edited:
Happy 90th birthday to your mom. How fantastic you and your son can be with her to help her celebrate. It will be good for all of you. Have a safe trip.
 
@zauberflöte How lovely to be with your mom to celebrate 90. Hope you have an enjoyable time with your son. My mom turns 95 November 14. It's really amazing when you stop to think about everything they've seen in their lives. Thanks for the kindness and encouragement these past few months. Wishing you well in days to come! Hugs and much happiness...Rita
 
@zauberflöte How fun! Nintieth birthday parties are the bomb!
Yup, I am tall, but it is relative. 6'4" is shorter than the avg ncaa basketball player. But, it is still tall enough not to fit in most cars, auditorium seating, amusement park rides, coach seating on planes and I have to order pants from catalogs. You cant get 36" Inseems off-the-shelf.
But I can see over crowds:heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom