THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

@zauberflöte
Just hope you check in so you know that you are my long list of those to be thankful for this year, along with all the folks in this site that held my hand, virtually, through tough times.
Thankful for your compassion, your wit, and your soothing advice.
Hope all is well with you!:curtsey:
 
Me three :santawave::santawave::santawave: zaub's

Hey, Mojo, I like this....I'm gonna follow you around the forum and say "me too" or "me three".
Easy Peasy, I'll let you do all the talking:heehee: I like it!
 
Me too Zauberflote. Hope you are doing well!:merry christmas:
 
:hi: Hey Zaubs
Just in case you ever peek in....
Hope you're doing well, healing up and life is good
Want to wish you a very happy healthy 2018! :flwrysmile:
@zauberflöte
 
Ok all y'all........... @dougie0216 and then @Mojo333 and also @Layla and where would I be without @Gone again , also @birder and I sure hope I'm not borking @MyAussieGirl 's interwebs with all these tags because I must add @GrannyC and the mod with two little donkeys @Jaycey and rollercoaster @mystikfairy61 and any I've left out!

Here I am at 5 months plus 11 days, and life is GRAND!!! I went away (sorry...) but I've been thinking of all of you lots, and wishing I didn't have to make choices about what to use my time for. BS has come in last, sadly for me. That means I can't check in on other people, which has made me sad, but life is life and that's that....

Those of you who are back to life better-than-old-normal, I am living life and not really thinking about hips! Those of you who have a ways to go yet, give it time. My recovery for this hip astounded me with its swiftness.

Hip update stuff: Still taking a little tylenol and advil. I'd been taking max dose of advil for at least 10 years, and I'd like to get down to zero. The max dose tylenol was only 4-5 months, but still.

So without the masking meds, the healing hip is very weird! I think what I'm feeling is the sensation coming back into the numb spot lateral to the incision. Sometimes, especially when I stand still, there is lots of "nerve-ish" activity there. Weird. The right hip, which has been having tendonitis since late 2013, is much less painful! Go figure!

I am walking all I want, only not so often as I want, and I slowly add a few strength and stretching exercises back in. Haven't scheduled a real "workout" time, but I do need to. I am so out of shape from painful hip that it's pitiful.

And here is my crowning moment! Me on the floor, sitting what they now call "criss-cross applesauce" style!! Pretty good for a 65-year-old who hasn't been able to do this in a good six years!! No yogas were involved. I just crossed my legs like this in bed for 5 minutes before sleeping starting maybe 5-6 weeks ago. Still doing it, and the hips are opening up nicely. Slow and easy does the trick! I am just so tickled I can't stand it :happydance:


[Bonesmart.org] Zauberflote #2 on other side!!


:friends::wave::roseshwr:to all my friends out there :cheers: love you all!!!!!
 
:hi: Look at you....I love it! It's so nice to hear from you @zauberfloate
Great pic sitting on the floor criss cross apple sauce :yay:

You've been missed here. As you can see we poked our heads in a few times.
Back to living life and that's what it's all about....Its wonderful to read and SEE you're doing well :yes!:
Sending a hug and warm wishes for a happy healthy 2018 filled with peace, comfort and joy! :loveshwr:
Cheers :martini:
 
:wave:You look splendid and happy and I am so happy for you! You go girl.
May the new year being you continued healing and happiness.
Thanks for all you did to raise me up during my recovery this past year.
 
Lovely to read your post and see that your recovery is going so well. Particularly pleased to see you sitting cross legged and know with time that it is possible to get there.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018
 
Wow!! That is fantastic! Love the picture so everyone can see what is possible and it was great to read your post with the update. I’m wishing you a very happy and healthy 2018 @zauberflöte :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom