@zammie24, unfortunately, we all overdo sometimes, especially when we start to feel better. The knee will put us in our place really quickly, and it is not worth it! But, baby steps are wonderful achievements
Must share! Had a very positive appointment with my surgeons office today - X-ray looks good
Here's the before - don't think I ever posted it
Incision is healing well my range of motion is very good and he said I can drive whenever I feel up to it!! I'm not bragging - I know I'm blessed to have this go as smoothly as it is - I just want to encourage anyone who is having doubts about tkr- I know I loved reading the stories and they helped me make my decision!! Thinking of everyone!!
Thanks @mamazipp! Had second pt session today - what I need to work on the most is straightening the leg - my rom is good! Still trying to take it easy- with TS Hermine coming our way should be easy! I've noticed that I've been very tired - more than usual - sleeping a lot- wondering if it has to do with anemia? Well I'm on iron supplements and had a nice steak for dinner last night! Hope everyone continues to make good progress!
I was anemic also, hemoglobin was 8, and had to take iron supplements. I also found myself eating a lot of steak. When my blood was rechecked at maybe 6-8 weeks my hemoglobin was normal. However it was hard to say it was anemia or just post op healing that caused my fatigue.
Well, anaemia could be part of it, but it's also got to be this: Energy drain for TKRs
That article was part of the recovery reading list that was posted for you on your first page, in Post #3. It might be a good idea to go back and read some of those articles again. It's hard to take them all in the first time, and some of the articles might make more sense to you now.
What a difference in the before and after X-rays. I'm happy for you that you had a good appointment and that everything is going according to plan.
Tabby xxx
I feel terrible that I haven't caught up with your individual threads:( I hope you know I think about you all my friends! Kids are back in school and amazing how busy it gets again! I'm still tired/ it's ANNOYING!! Oh well I rest when my body asks me to! Love to all!!
No problem. It's hard to keep up. I read everyones' posts, but it seems like by the time I get to them, everyone else has said what I would have said and I'm left with nothing to say.
Whoa, just looked at your X-rays, your new knee looks fantastic, but your "before pics" are amazing-you must have been in terrible pain! My OS said I was in "end stage" knee arthritis, whatever that means, looks like you must have been, too! Glad you are making great progress!
Hello all! Hope everyone's doing well and moving right along in recovery - I'm doing really well/ continuing PT and they are happy with my progress! Had a weird "stitch portion" pop out yesterday - and it disappeared just as quickly! Strange but according to dr it normal! That's it for now! Speak to you all soon!!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.