Guest viewing is limited

TKR Zammie24 recovery time!

Hi Zammie24, glad you've found something to give you relief. I had a few hairy moments with pain in the first week but found it stopped spiking so much after a week and a half.

Hope it's the same for you and you can stay within your 'manageable' range.
 
Feeling better today! Ready for pt-saw my knee- it's lovely!! Ugh


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
I'm so glad you're feeling better! I didn't have a lot of nausea problems, but did eat crackers with my pain meds because I'd get a little queasy. Maybe that could help you, too.

I felt the same way when I saw my knee for the first time. Staples! omg. Not a pretty sight, for sure!
 
I'm glad that today has been better than he first one. You will continue to get better as time goes by.
 
The first week is the worst. I'm glad they found a combination that works for you.
 
Today was definitely much better- did pt walking and going up and down stairs - swelling is bad but that's to be expected-looking forward to going home tomm!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
Yay! Remember to ask for pan meds about an hour before you leave. At home set the alarm on your phone for meds because you will fall asleep and don't want to wake up in pain.
 
Hey zammie24 I just got around to posting last night. I forgot my password in the hospital and couldn't sign in. Then came home Tuesday night, too tired and dopey to post. Was in a world of pain there for a while but it's getting better now as of Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. I'm on oxycodone and Tylenol for plain plus Celebrex. I'm getting around pretty good. I did the steps (4 of them) up and down twice and was at 90 and 8 ROM, but it is not so good after that. I think more like 75 or 80 now. I think extension is still about 8 (it was 5 before surgery).

I have to go lie down now. I've been sitting too long.
 
How are you doing this morning? Feeling a bit better I hope. I can tell some difference in soreness and swelling, not much though.
 
Hi all! I just realized how long its been since I've posted! its much nicer posting on laptop vs. smartphone! My pain is under control- cutting back considerably on the dilaudid which I came home with - only took it at night last night and night before. Only taking Aleve as I got off the Tylenol during the day as well.. Still taking my iron supplement and aspirin to protect against clotting.. and ice ice ice!! :ice:and elevation of course.. PT says I'm doing very well with ROM I think he said it was 90 today? and I'm still using walker although I prefer the cane as the walkeris sooo clunky! Lots of bruising going on on back of knee - steristrip looks good! took a shower today as it was the first day I was told I could - SUCH a relief!! My knee feels sturdy although some movements are painful..have to be very aware of when I turn...
my family has been a huge help!!

@FlaGranny and @dianehelen- how are you both? hope recovery is moving right along for you!!
All the best to all!
Mercedes
:loveshwr::wave::prayer:
 
I'm glad you are doing so well, I can't believe you are off pain meds so soon after surgery.

I hope you continued to do well and stay pain free!!!
 
Things sound good! I can imagine how wonderful that shower felt.
 
I remember how fabulous and exhausting that first shower was! The walker was hard for me to use in my little house as well, so after a week I went straight to the cane. Don't be afraid to take pain meds if your pain level begins to elevate. Happy to hear you're doing so well!
 
Glad you are doing well. I am having some pain in all my joints more than the operated one. Muscles are painful and stiff, but my arthritis is full blown acting up. I can walk without a cane or a walker but a bit unsteady. I like using the walker because it helps me walk with a more normal gain. Like everyone, I'm tired.

Did not sleep well last night because IO hurt all over.
 
Hi! The site was down for a couple of days right? chugging right along here- pt continues to go well- pain under control walking around my house without the cane at this point! woo-hoo. should see surgeon on Monday! Hope everyone is doing well and progressing in recovery!! :thumb:
 
@dianehelen Don't compare yourself to anyone else as each person's knee started at different degrees of injury.

Yup site was down bug we are all back together again. It's good to hear you are doing well. I continued to take my cane when I went out of the house to give me a bit more security. You could always practice twirling it ! :rotfl:
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom