Guest viewing is limited

TKR Zammie24 recovery time!

YA not really comparing, as just in awe. Im sure the twenty year age difference affects that too ;)
 
I used the walker for 6weeks.......just sayin........I felt supported by it.
 
I used my cane to reach high shelves, poke students (! For fun!) and twirl! My niece said when she saw me twirling my cane in front of the class she knew I was ready to retire!
 
I'm not using a walker in the house. My house is tiny and the walker was too hard to navigate with. I will definitely use it outside.
 
So another topic my friends, I am a geek and love anything to to with medical research so I am researching the heck out of the fact that the pathology report for my tkr says PVNS - which is to put it very generally - benign overgrowth of the synovium usually in the knee. The first OS I met mentioned this after seeing my mri results.. but then dismissed it..just wondering if this will affect my recovery or return in the future? what is Josephines name so I can tag her maybe she has some insight... I believe there is info on PVNS elsewhereon bonesmart.. I'll keep checking... thanks all! And lets continue towards our complete recoveries!!:upright:
 
Glad you are doing well. I guess I am doing okay. I'm walking around without cane or walker in the house. I think using the walker though is helpful so that you can do a more normal gait.
 
I used my walker for at least a month. Even now, when I want to do long strides, I use it. That extra security is important. It's much better that falling!!
 
@sistersinhim i had an epiphany re walkers last winter. I had to use one for a month because of a torn miniscus. There was ice and piles of snow all over the place. With my usual cane, I walk so gingerly and carefully in the winter, but with the walker, felt so much more stable. I might just keep it handy and use it on winter days while out running errands in years to come. Preventative measure.
 
@greatlakes, you can never be too careful. Falling is something none of us wants to do!
 
Thanks @Josephine read the article and now waiting to see how follow up with surgeon goes on Monday- I'm starting to get tired of the swelling and discomfort - I know I shouldn't complain cause I'm doing well but anywho... Need to get out of the house- going to visit my parents and have lunch with them- hopefully a bit more chipper later today- hope everyone is chugging along in their recovery!!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
@Josephine - thank you I think I overdid it yesterday - need to slow it down-*sigh*


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
Can you have somebody bring your parents to you? That's what we plan for the first month, at least.
 
So feeling much better! After visiting my parents went for dinner with hubby and kids - ate with my leg on s chair but still- it was nice to get out on a beautiful summer night- now home and icing and going to bed/ thanks for listening to my whining!!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom