Guest viewing is limited

TKR Zammie24 recovery time!

I'm glad your surgery is over on your on your way without the arthritic knee that was there before.
 
Good morning @zammie24 how are you feeling today? Guessing pretty rough? Were you able to catch a few winks of sleep between pain & never ending hospital staff visits? Hope to see you start improving soon.
 
Be sure to stay on schedule with pain meds. What they were giving me wasn't cutting it on day 1, so a push of toradol got me over the hump of pain and then I was able to manage on oxycodone. Let them know if you're in pain and you need something else.
 
hi @zammie24, hope you're doing ok today. Those first few days after the block wears off are hard, but keep taking the pain meds and icing and you'll get there [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope you are feeling a little better today...Remember, ice, elevate and medicate!!!
 
Very tired today as I'm anemic again- ugh- tried tramadol after oxycodone and didn't work going back to oxycodone - also getting Tylenol separately argghhhhhh


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
Neither Tramadol nor Tylenol do much for me, they just take the edge of the pain. Are you taking iron pills????

Feel better soon!!
 
Have to say last night and today have been rough- here's to a better day tomm


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
Stay on your Oxy, it is way too soon for you to try anything not as strong.

Feel better soon!!!
 
I was anemic too. It passed. Iron pills and, when my appetite returned ( it was quite awhile) I ate lots of steak, unapologetically. Plus dark greens in salad. But stay on the pain pills.
 
Oxy made me nauseous and shaky - trying dialaudid now/ I hope my liver can handle this!- I sure hope tomm is better!!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
ughhh you poor thing... @zammie24 I sure hope tomorrow is better for you too. Im guessing tomorrow wont be so great for me.. nor will Thursday.. ughhh


Here's to better days ahead..
 
Try to ask for an anti nausea med or the patch. That might help you. I couldn't take pain meds without it.
 
Yes, ask for anti nausea meds. Did you take the oxy with food? Don't hesitate to ask for something to get you over the hump. Tramadol did nothing for me, but oxycodone worked after a shot of toradol in my IV.
 
So glad you found a good med for you, hope things continue to get better!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom