TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

How are you doing @zakmick?

Still in hospital with a chance of going home Monday, OS said he doesn't believe in actual days going home but your capacity.

I'm having a fairly flat day today feel like Im coming down with something.

Got a bend of 80 degrees today which is great.

Although I feel like coming down with a cold




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app
 
@zakmick, hope you feel better and are home soon.
Congratulations on the 80 degree bend. I wish I could say the same


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
its good your os doesn't want to rush you home. Your bend is fabulous. Hope your not getting a cold and just having a post op flat day - I had a few of those.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zaniest, How are you feeling? Hope you were able to keep your cold at bay.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oops, Sorry Zakie, I should pay more attention to the spell check on my ipad


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Bruising is pretty normal after this surgery. I, too, had it all the way up and down my leg. And also, both of my feel peeled. That was a crazy sight! I hope you aren't getting sick. Every time I had a general, I got really congested afterwards. This would last a few days, but go away after that. Be sure to not let pt hurt you. You knee needs TLC the next month or so! Following the BoneSmart way is the best way to heal quickly!
 
@zakmick, I was sorry to hear about your horrible first night. I am glad you spoke out and advocated for yourself. I hope things are much better today.
 
Hi girls!!
debbyS, sandi4213, sistersinhim,
Still feeling congested but doctor said my chest is clear, however red sore throat he has said is thrush. So more meds to add to the truck load already.
I go home tomorrow which I'm ready for been 7 nights in here now. And going home means no more daily PT or them pushing me to do unrealistic exercises currently. Bend is at 85degrees, which I personally think is good.
I've had no other issues with nurses, majority of the nursing team are lovely and empathetic.
My complaint has been raised with HR too, nurse in charge said she is unsure what action will be taken. Last night here tonight I was worried that the night nurses from the other night would be on,so far so good


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@zakmick, So glad to hear you are going home tomorrow. You will be much happier at home. Sorry you got sick on top of everything else.
Your bend is terrific. I can only dream of an 85 degree bend but I am working towards it. Will you be receiving outpatient or in home therapy.
Sounds like the back pain is part of the process. I have a microwave heating pad that I can use if back pain gets worse.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow! What a journey you have had! At least they keep you as long as they feel they need to where here it is get you out of hospital as soon as possible! Keep up the good work!
 
@debbyS
I'll see physio before I leave today and I'm sure PT will be discussed. I have a physio I was seeing before surgery and I'd happily go back to her, however her availability is limited.

@LRKO
My OS doesn't think in days, it's what you can physically do and mentally handle. Being a private patient has its advantages too. If I had this done in the public system, I would have been out after 3 days.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have a safe trip home and get plenty of rest


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you a good day and a good trip home. It does feel good to be home, so try not to overdo when you get there. Your ROM is great for so soon. Sending you happy healing thoughts.
 
Home, sweet home! I'm sure you're glad to be back there. Your ROM is really good already and as your swelling goes down it'll get even better. Be sure and not overdo. That causes more swelling and less ROM. I hope your trip home was a good one.
 
5 hrs later it became excruciating I was crying begging for more relief and I got the same line again, both nurses were in with me this time. Saying no. Thought to myself this is not good - enough, doctor wrote this procedure up for a reason so stated that to them. They were not impressed body language, tone in voices all changed... I felt completely alone. I just had major surgery and they were not supporting me. I could hear them making more remarks in nurses station. Next thing they came back in with 1 Endone... at least it was something. Next 20mins I was able to calm myself and let the painkiller did its job.

Felt much better, was able to relax and try and get some sleep. I felt like I had been listened to finally.

I'm just really annoyed that they allowed me to get so worked up, that they were not to me about my pain. Am not justified in complaining to my OS?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Yes you were. I too had to complain to the charge nurse, then to my doc when she came in the next day. Always speak up.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Teddybears, you don;t have to quote a post in order to reply or comment on it. You can just go down to the bottom of the page and start typing in the box there. It's also possible to quote part of a post. I have edited your quote and just left the relevant part there.

This article may help you:
How to use the quote feature

@zakmick
I'm glad you're home safely now.
 
How are you doing @zakmick?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing good. I still have some swelling. But I think that's still ok. Tomorrow ends my second week. PT forgot to measure before they iced so I'll remind them tomorrow. I was at 92 my first week so surely I will have gained.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
92 at your first week is wonderful! Just be sure to not overdo. If you do, that ROM will decrease because of added swelling. Take it easy on your new baby!
 
I'm home in my bed.. yay!!! Hurt myself in PT yesterday was no fault of the physio or mine. I was trying to get a good bend in my bad leg and was using good leg as an anchor point while sitting on bed. Good leg ended up sliding after loosing grip on carpet and my bad leg locked in a bent position, it bent further than it was ready to do. It's been very swollen ever since.

I was hesitant about doing any physio today before I left the hospital but the physio insisted. Was given the lecture that it's like plasticine, if you don't use it will go hard, you only have a few weeks of getting your ROM. I just listened and thought how wrong you are...

I did the exercises and got to 85, so I hadn't lost any bend from yesterday which was good to know.

Found out I'll be having a physio visit me at home part of my insurance, how often I'm not sure as yet. Then Saturday a nurse will come to mine to remove the staples.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@zakmick, So glad to hear you are home, not happy to hear about your little mishap. Take it easy today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom