TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

Hi, there are several of us that are within just a few days of surgery. @Cybil62, @zakmick @flyaway79 I love reading this because it makes me feel better and not alone. My range has been okay for whatever reason. It's all the other "stuff" we deal with. The stiffness, the pain, the thinking I will never be okay again. I know I don't feel like that every day but I really do today. That's when I get on here and read and you all make me feel it will be okay.

I did start using trekking poles when I go for my walks outside. I haven't had to use a cane for a bit but felt I concentrated so hard on gait, etc that it took away the joy of walking. My PT suggested I try them. I was amazed at the difference it made. I no longer kept my eyes on my feet and it helped me be more conscious of proper posture. For some reason this made me much more confident than the cane.

Sometimes I do ask, why did I do this again?? I'm also really scared because my right knee is coming up in less than two weeks. I hate to slip back into that black abyss that I dealt with the first two weeks. I did start a gratitude journal though so on days like today I write 5 things I am thankful for, it does help me.

Ladies, we will make it through this and I am counting my blessings that I don't have near the issues some of these sweet ladies do. I want to support and encourage them as much as I can. Here is to all our recoveries!:yahoo:
 
@becticu it does help to know you aren't alone, we can lift each other up on hard days

Trekking poles sound like a great idea, are they expensive?
 
Hi @zakmick, no I am not using a walker anymore just my cane. Believe me I feel your frustration! I trust our Rom will come when it is ready! Hope you have a great day!
 
Zakie , I haven't been on for a couple of days. I amean so sorry you are having such a hard week. I agree with everyone about your ROM, it will come. I feel sports lucky that I haven't had to deal with some of the other issues you are dealing with, migraines, depression, pain, and worrying about those embryos :unsure:. You have so much going on. I'm glad you are staying on here and hopefully getting the support you need. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Hugs.
 
I drove for the first time last night, the leg hadn't forgotten how to drive. Didn't go far but it felt good that if need be I can do it [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay for driving! That's the way I feel. Don't want to do it every day but it's nice to know I can.
 
Oh, Yeah! Being able to drive yourself should really help you feel better. I know it did meverything. So happy for you. :wowspring:
 
Way to go on the driving! The independence feels so great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats!! I have only have driven a few times but it does feel good. Another milestone and new found freedom. Enjoy.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Driving is the best milestone! Yay for you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
WooHoo I hit tripled digits 100 for my bend today and I could do a locked knee leg raise from sitting and lying down...
I was so excited!!

OS visit tomorrow will see if he is happy with my bend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Way to go!!! The bend and lifts are awesome!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks girls this bend has been a long time coming!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Saw OS and is happy for me to keep plodding along. Yay no MUA [emoji8]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom