TKR Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR

No problem @marmora. Although now I might be really busy since I am keeping both the hunks that @tiredwife gave me. Come to think of it, it's a good thing. I'm sure I can think of things to keep them busy as my hubby is busy working all day and I am home alone, so I have all the time in the world.
 
@Yorkimom.....you may notice I have done some adjusting with your threads. You had a bunch of recovery threads that are now merged into one for your LTKR in December and this one for your RTKR. Please post in only the one that is appropriate for your question, update or concern. Do not start a new thread with a different topic unless it is a general type question unrelated to your specific recovery.

We do this to maintain continuity in your recovery story. I hope you understand! It makes things much easier when people want to chat with you. Here's a link to our How To Use The Forum section so you can always find the threads you want. How can I find my threads and posts?
 
@Jamie, thank you. It wasn't sure what to so since there had been so much time between surgeries. Does this mean that this thread "Yorkimom is ready to go" which is my latest thread, is the thread that I should be using from now on???? Thanks, Anne
 
@Yorkimom Anne I read back a few pages about what you have been going through recently. I am only 5 days out and feeling frustrated about some things so at 5 weeks I can only imagine. I guess that's one good thing about our two story home. I haven't seen my kitchen since I came home last Friday and I'm sure I don't want to. :rolleyes: But for now out of sight out of mind and I am not tempted to clean. I hope everything continues to improve for you every day and every week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Yorkimom, I did not get your tag, but got someone else's tag of a like in your thread. My goodness so sorry to hear you are feeling so tired, but that is how it goes for now. As time goes on the tiredness will lessen. I believe I mentioned tiredness in my thread with my one year ankneeversary. I was afraid to go back to work at three months because I was taking a nap everyday until I went back to work. I did not know how I would manage. There were times I would go to my OS appointment at 4 weeks at 6 months and would go straight to sleep. I was so sound asleep, my OS would have to come over to me and tap me and whisper my name near my ear. Thank you for the congratulations. I was super tired as RA makes you exhausted as well. What you cannot do leave it alone. It's hard, but not harmful. You must get your rest at this point. As for ranting, this is your thread, you can rant if you want to... Do you remember the song.. It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. We are here for you so not to worry. Take good care of yourself and hope the tiredness eases up for you soon. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Jamie, thank you. It wasn't sure what to so since there had been so much time between surgeries. Does this mean that this thread "Yorkimom is ready to go" which is my latest thread, is the thread that I should be using from now on???? Thanks, Anne
Yep....this is your current recovery thread where you would talk about your left TKR. If there was a problem with your RTKR (curse the thought!!!), you would post in the other recovery thread for that knee. General conversation would go in this thread as well since it is the most recent.
 
Ann @Yorkimom

It's the first day of the working week here, as Monday 27th was a"Bank Holiday"- meaning day off for most workers. Dublin also had the Dublin City Marathon.

As we live fairly close to the centre of town, the Marathon route passes very near about a 5 minute walk from our front door. My husband and I walked up to cheer them on and all I could see was 20,000 pairs of healthy and not so healthy knees running past me.

Someone had a poster that I think could be adapted for us BoneSmarties,
"Whoever said that the first step is the hardest never ran 26.5 kilometres".

Adapted to- "Whoever says that a TKR isn't that bad, never had a TKR".

Hope that this week is comfortable for you and that you can rest, elevate and ice as much as possible.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora Hi Cathie! I like that! How fun that a marathon was that close to your house!
I really wasn't going to even post anything today. I feel as though all I do is complain. I have been so touchy the past couple of days. Since today was my day off and no PT, I went downstairs to work in the office. I ended up being down there for three and a half hours. There was so much to do and one thing led to another. Needless to say my knee was not happy. It made me think of my family doctor's receptionist. She had a TRKR in May and they made her go back to work at six weeks. I'll be six weeks this Friday and I just can't imagine the pain she must have endured. I think it's sinful that a doctor's office would make her go back so soon. Anyway Joe has been doing payroll, paying bills, etc. while I wasn't going down to do it. He made a mistake dealing with importing the payroll into QuickBooks and I kept trying to figure out how to fix it. After ten minutes, I just started crying like a baby. I felt like a fool. The one good thing is that everything is caught up and that feels good.
I am really having trouble bending my knee. At PT Christine asked me yesterday if I thought I could take her pushing just a little more because she felt as though there was more give. I'm letting her go to my limit and I'm getting so frustrated. She said if I could just get to 90 degrees she would feel better. So tonight I went downstairs and did light knee bends on the Total Gym. I have been doing them at PT and it seems when I bend when my leg is down, I get more ROM. I would go down until it was uncomfortable. Then I remembered what she said and tried to go down even more. All of a sudden the tears started again. It hurt, but not that much I should cry. I am getting very impatient with myself!!!
One of my best friends, Carol's sister passed away this past Sunday. She said she doesn't want me worrying about going to the funeral. Of course I am going to go. She has been a dear friend since I started working right out of high school in 1969. They are having a Mass right after visitation, so we'll see if I can sit in the pew. I don't care how it looks, but I am going to bring a little pillow so I can prop up my leg.
It hope you have a good rest of the week. Anne
 
@Minnie's knees and @chestnc, thank you for your kind words. And Kathy, you are smart not to go into the kitchen. I'm trying to stay out of mine!!!! How are you feeling????
@chestnc it isn't so much that I am sleepy. Lately it's as though I have no energy. Joe keeps harping on me to eat. I know that's why I feel so weak, but it is so hard to make yourself eat when nothing appeals to you. Sometimes just looking at the food makes me nauseous. I have lost 10 pounds since surgery, and while I'm happy with the weight loss, it's not the right way to do it. Thanks again and have a good night. Anne
 
Anne, I'm sorry you're having the post op blues. They are real, you know? I think some days or even for days on end sometimes everything just seems magnified and overwhelming. Patience runs thin and we just want to be back and going, going, going....pain free! It can be really hard to get through but you have all of us here at Bonesmart and we love you and we care and we listen and most of all, we understand :) It's a shame there isn't really anything any of us can physically do for each other but a cyber shoulder to cry on once in awhile isn't such a bad thing. I'm sorry about your friend's sister. How sad! If you want, you can have the 10# I've gained :) Just ask and it's all yours :) Hugs my friend. Things will get better!
 
I know you know this, but remember there is a fine line between pushing yourself to get more bend and inflaming the knee which prevents more bend.
You'll get there.
 
Hello Anne @Yorkimom

Just try to relax about the exercises. Don't push yourself. Have another read of the Bonesmart articles sent out to you. They will help reassure and guide you.

You are not just having post op blues but going through grief too and everything is going to feel ten times worse than usual. You are a human being that only had MAJOR surgery less than six weeks ago. Of course you're going to be feeling the physical and emotional pain. You are still very early in your recovery remember. Six weeks is nothing in this recovery. That poor doctors receptionist being forced back at six weeks is outrageous and inhumane.

Just remember Anne, you are not alone, you are amongst friends who have gone through similar experiences in recovery to you. Not the same as you because we are not you but like I say we have gone through our varying recoveries and so feel for you. Just contact us day or night when you're down, or just want to chat, there's always one or another of us around

All my love to you from Ann xxxx
[Bonesmart.org] Yorkimom is ready to go...LTKR
 
@gr82cu2 thank you Janet. Just all of you being here for me means so much. I know you understand and that makes it easier for me. I love you too, but no thanks for the 10 pounds. Even though this wasn't a good way to lose it, I take the loss. Just another 15 pounds and I'll be down to where I want to be.
@Nana moon 27, thank you for your kind words. I know you are right, and at times I just need to hear it. I'm going to remember what you said about not pushing myself when I'm at therapy tomorrow.
@MoPeaches I'm so glad that reading my recovery thread has helped you. Good luck with your new PT tomorrow. Let me know how it went. We will get through this. Anne
 
You're more than welcome. I look forward to catching up on your post tomorrow about PT xxx
 
Thanks @kneeper. I know you are right. I would be saying the same thing to someone else. I just have to remember it. I know I will get there. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. Thanks, Anne
 
@Yorkimom Anne, I am finding I am more emotional at only a week out. No meltdowns yet but I'm sure they will happen. @gr82cu2 and @Nana moon 27 said it very well. I am not a very patient person. I want my mobility and independence and its not going to happen right away. I am struggling with ROM and doing straight leg raises but some how want to do everything I used to do now.:sigh: My appetite is okay just much smaller portions and as my stomach allows. I am glad Joe is looking out for you. We are so lucky to have our bonesmart friends as they understand our feelings even when we don't. Hope we all rest well tonight.
 
Back
Top Bottom