Barbaraj
supremo
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2018
- Messages
- 2,391
- Age
- 76
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Nice update, @CricketHip! You seem to be doing well as you re-enter the working world but are trying to hold back the floodgates somewhat in terms of your schedule. I am sure that it is really, really hard to control your workload--sounds like you're pretty darn popular if you're having to push appointments out to November, surely a testament to your skill and professionalism. I, too, had an anterior approach and my gait, even though I'm walking without pain these days, is distinctly off--it just feels "weird" and when I described it to my therapist today, he said he understood and would work with me on my gait to help me feel more normal, as if hips, thighs and knees are all moving more smoothly together. This issue is not uncommon with hip replacement, he noted, and he'd heard the concern from other patients. So, if you're ready for it, I think a PT consultation might be of real benefit for you. Happy Thursday!


12 weeks!!! Great to read your updates 



This recovery stuttered with its beginning but then things began to come together. The weather has been very nice, mostly cloudy and pleasant with windows open throughout the house. I’m resting for a bit, though. I’ve been on my feet all day!!
Like you, both IT band and TFL were sore before surgery, probably because they were both trying to support my very sad hip joint which had no capacity to internally rotate. I do massage them (TP work on TFL) which seems to help and I know, in the long run, that will have been a good thing. Security cameras on the lookout for bad gait. LOL What a great idea to be able to get a reality check on how you're actually moving through your day.
Wish I had one. Pictures never lie.