Guest viewing is limited

THR Yay!!

I agree it might be meds.
My first cup of coffee would ease it some for me, some caffeine helped I suppose.
My journey also involved different issues ...now this hurts, jeez.
Lots of healing happening and hopefully all will keep getting Better and Better:flwrysmile:
 
Headaches can be from the pain pills. In the hospital I used hydrocodone that had tylenol in it, no headaches so I stuck with it even though Dr. prescribed different for home. Caffeine in the morning is required. Diet plays a big part and your body needs nutrients.
 
Headaches have eased up some. I’m trying to lay low on the oxy, I think that was causing it. I’m sticking to muscle relaxers and tramadol. It seems to work. Sleeping a little better, I wake up every 3 hours or so, feels like i need to walk a little and stretch some of those muscles out. I usually just take a walk to the bathroom and once I get back I’m out again:yes!:
Hip feels awesome overall, thinking once all the bad swelling and bruising goes down, i’ll be very happy with my decision to do this
Thanks for all your support/advice! I know it’s just going to get better from here
 
It takes a lot of icing to get rid of the bruising and swelling. I used a polar pack and was icing at the hospital right after surgery and just about 24hrs a day afterwards. I had very little bruising, just a little yellow color but swelling took a long time.
 
So early on...but YOU know that hip is already going to give your life back.
Great job being patient and being positive.
Onward and upward Z:yahoo:
 
Happy Friday!
It's great to hear the headaches are easing and sleep is improving.
You're right....it gets better and better :happydance:
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@zorys0225
 
Just got back from my post op appointment with the OS. Pretty short and sweet since I’m not having problems. Told me to graduate to a cane when I feel ready and since I’m not taking any more pain meds, I can start driving too if I’m comfortable enough. Think I’m going to take my time with that one though, kind of enjoy relaxing at home for now:) :-) (:
 
Three weeks out! Think I may have over did it a little over the weekend. Went to a surprise party for my husbands grandmother, and even though I was sitting down most of the time, I’m thinking it was still a little too much. At least everyone there was glad to see me out and about. After I got home my leg was swollen all the way down to my foot. Had my husband on edge a little. Been using ice and taking it easy now, swelling has gone down some. Drove a couple of laps in my drive way yesterday, pretty sure my neighbors think I’m crazy :heehee:
 
At only 3 weeks out that was quite an event for you. Hope you can rest today. Lots of ice and elevation.
 
Yep, take it easy Z.
We all overdo at times during recovery. Just give it a bit more TLC than usual.
You'll get back on track soon:console2:
 
Well it’s been a month!! I feel great!! I have one more time with in home PT and then I can move to out side PT if my insurance will pay (or if I want too) Still walking with a cane but I can go without it if I have too. Honestly, sometimes I forget I have it. Still have a limp but the pain is gone. Need to do more walking, I’ve gained 14 pounds!!:loll: Need to keep away from those sweets. Hope all my US friends have a happy/safe Memorial Day weekend!!
 
Happy One Month!
Time passes more quickly than expected. At least I felt that way.
Glad you're feeling great!
Try heel-toe walking for the limp. It really helped me but it takes concentration.
Let your heel hit the ground first, followed by toes. Try it and see what you think...
Hope you have a nice holiday weekend!
@zorys0225
 
So true, the limp is a habit. I catch myself stopping after a few steps, like I did pre-op(in pain). Only know I have no idea why I stop...habit!
 
Yay!!:yahoo:
Still lots of healing going on, but the benefits of this surgery gives us a new outlook on life without chronic pain.
We can work on the rest...
So glad you are getting better, Z!:wink:
 
Been lurking here lately so I thought I would stop by and give an update. At home PT is over, now I have to decide if I want to go to outside PT, I have another appointment with the OS later this month so I think I’m going to take a break from it until he tells me to go. In all, I think I’m doing well, still have the limp that’s the only thing that is really bugging me now. Im doing heel toe and stopping and starting over when I start to waddle. Reminds me of my grandfathers nickname for me when I was recovering from my dysplacia surgeries when I was young,he called me puddle duck. Makes me smile :)
 
:wave:little puddle duck.:heehee:
I had alot of gait training to practice up on and holding myself up straight after all that leaning and limping caused me some muscle aches on my sides around my ribs.
I guess being that core engaged:shrug:
Thankfully, all continued to get better and better.
Hope you have a Good Weekend!:) :-) (:
 
A little update. Just had another follow up and I’m headed back to work on July 16th which is the end of my short term disability. My OS was concerned with the amount of walking my job requires. On average i’ll walk 6 miles a day on concrete floors with steel toed shoes, which he said may be hard. He told me though that if I have any problems he would be willing to extend me into long term disability so that’s a relief that I have something to fall back on. Other than that I’m doing well. Still have a little limp that I’m still working on, trying a little everyday to get my ROM back, I can already bend further than I could before which is a great improvement. Still can’t put on socks or tie shoes, but that’s ok. As long as I’m not in pain I’ll keep using sock aids and slip on shoes if I have too. :) Have a good weekend everyone!
 
Almost two months...Yay!! @zorys0225
Glad to hear all seems to be going forward. Hope you have a Great Weekend:SUNsmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom