Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back from my appointment. Not a really long wait today. Consultant doesn't know what the problem is. It was really painful having the Xrays done but they look good. He can't work out why my foot hurts so much and is at a funny angle. I am having an urgent referral to a foot and ankle consultant at the same hospital. After the gait analysis appointment next week I have to get in touch with my consultant's secretary and we are going to take it from there. I reiterated how much pain and discomfort this was causing me. He was concerned but thought the knee was in correctly. I have no sideways rotation at the knee as it is a fixed hinge. He was pleased I was not reacting to the new knee material. I said I'd rather not have a leg then suffer like I am at the moment. He seems hopeful things will get better! I was in tears at the appointment and now I'm in more pain because of the way I had to stand for the Xrays.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have rested since I came home and the pain has subsided and only hurts now when I weight bear. My back has also been hurting I guess it was all the twisting. I have physio in the morning. I hope to get some sleep tonight.
 
Hello Chris @Pumpkln

You had avery long and disturbing day with the x-rays and having to stand for so long and the doctor not providing answers as to why you are in so much pain.

It must be very frustrating for you after this appointment.
Hopefully, your gait alignment analysis and appointment with the foot &ankle doctor will provide some answers and relief for you.

Hopefully the rest tonight will provide some comfort and at your PT session in the morning.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Hi @busylizzie I'm sorry you didn't get an immediate answer from the OS. The only words of comfort, however futile, are that at least you are being listened to and taken seriously. You are on a route to finding out what's going on, albeit a bit of a slow one but the main thing is you are in the system. X ray positioning often hurts. I've had my knee twisted one way, sideways and at times I've wanted to cry with the wretched pain xxx so I understand that one. Obviously I don't know how you feel because I'm not you but I have an idea.

Thinking of you and sending you lots of caring, positive thoughts.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
I am beginning to come round again this evening. At physio this morning we just talked. It was my last session of NHS physio organised through my GP. She is going to put a management plan in place for the way forward and ask for extra physio. I wasn't good this morning and had a few tears again. I don't think she had realised the enormity of the problems I have at the moment. I am on damage limitation at the moment until after the gait analysis and seeing the foot/ankle specialist. I have to minimise everything that causes me pain. Use my scooter to get around outside.

She thinks it is going to be very slow progress with the analysis and subsequent orthotics. I agree as any small changes have a great effect on my body and keeping it in sync. My back still hurts from yesterday. I have put a tubular support bandage on my foot this afternoon and it seems to be helping. At least I don't have to sit with my trainers on all day.
 
I am absolutely shattered but feeling a little better today. I slept more last night than I have done for ages. I think the support bandage is helping. I had one on when I first went to physio in July but was told not to wear one. Yesterday she changed her mind, I don't know if it was in despairation or not! Roll on Tuesday and the gait analysis
 
Hi @busylizzie

Good luck for tomorrow, sending you the biggest hugs and wishing you a good result to help you.

[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved


All my love to you
Thinking of you
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Thanks for your best wishes. I will be leaving shortly, appointment is very early afternoon and we have to get there. Motorway has restrictions and is usually slow moving.
 
I hope you get some answers AND solutions today x thinking of you x

Shortie x
 
A little bit of a strange appointment. I thought I'd been booked in for a gait analysis assessment appointment. That is what I'd asked to GP to be referred to. It turns out that I'd been booked into the podiatry clinic. I only fully realised at the end of the appointment when we were asked for the fee. I didn't need a GP referral for this and it wasn't on the NHS! Hardly broke the bank at £15 though.

I was there 2 1/4hours and they did a full assessment of my feet. I have neuropathy I guess from the diabetes which is gone undiagnosed despite my having annual foot checkups through my GP. Not too bad but there. I do have problems with my left foot and ankle. I do have plantar fasciitis and I am walking on the outside of my left foot.

The podiatrist brought in a sport injury specialist to assess my foot/ankle and he said my ankle feels like it is sprained due to problems with the nerve around my tibia. I have strengthening inversion exercises to do on the outside of my foot. It was a lot to take in and I'm glad hubby came with me.

The rest of the time the podiatrist worked on getting an orthotic for both feet. She cannot do an accurate leg length measurement until my pain goes down and I can fully weight bear with my feet flat on the floor. I have several orthotics to try over the next few weeks. I was to go back in two to three weeks but the only appointment I can get is in four weeks.

I am going to see if I can find out why I'm not at gait analysis as that is what I requested. This afternoon's appointment was fruitful but I'd still like the gait analysis.
 
Hi @busylizzie

Oh dear, I wonder why this happened. It was a good job you'd taken your purse too. That must've taken you aback a bit when they asked for £15. Your GP should've warned you really xxx yes, what a strange appointment indeed. But I think it was helpful? Xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad it wasn't the gait analysis but it does sound like this appointment was helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom