TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the floor sitting, but more important being able to get back up. You know you are making progress when you don't have to think about things like that!

Hope you keep getting out as often as possible. These are such nice reminders of what is to come!

Take care,

Dawn
 
Hello friends,
You know, I really do think of you as that, and during the day so many of you come to mind, with your kind encouragements helping me, or with me thinking of your problems and wishing I could help. Hmm, I don't know where that came from! Must be feeling especially sentimental tonight.

I have a question. The prescription sleeping pill doesn't seem to work very well for me, if at all. I am SO tired. Some of you suggested I try Tylenol PM, but apparently it isn't available in Canada. So I bought Advil Nighttime. Problem is, I take diclofenac, and the pharmacist said I should not take both. But she seemed pretty unsure of herself, so I'm not sure if I trust her. (this was just in a chain drug store, not my regular pharmacy). What do you think? Josephine, please tell me your thoughts too, if you don't mind.

On the brighter side, had my first PT session back where I like. Such a relief! Although she tried to be professional, she was clearly aghast at some of what's happened during my in-home PT sessions. Interestingly, I got a call from that agency tonight; they were doing a survey to improve their services. I told them I'd had one great and one lousy experience, but they wanted just to hear about the most recent. They too were clearly aghast at some of what I told them, and asked if they could do a follow-up interview for more detail. Good, but I don't want the woman to get in trouble. Apparently, though, all sorts of things were fouled up, as some of what I was asked about as being part of their routine was stuff I'd never heard of.

Anyway, off to try to sleep. Thanks for listening.
j
 
My surgeons office, when I was taken off of all meds before surgery, said to take Benedril if I needed help sleeping. The ingredient in Benedril, diphenhydramine, is the same sleep aid in the Tylenol PM or Advil PM. So you can just take that, in the form of Benedril or a generic.

Don't put a space before Josephine's name if you want to tag her.
 
I forgot you were in Canada. Tylenol is 'al la' Americano. You'll find it's just plain old paracetamol in your neck of the woods! So you need to take 1,000mgs for it to be effective but not more than 4 times a day.

Also Advil is better known as ibuprofen which, like diclofenac, is an NSAID so the pharmacist is correct, you should never take two different kinds of NSAIDs at the same time. .
 
Judy, I am glad you're back to the PT that you like that really helps in the recovery.
As for getting the other woman in trouble with the agency, do worry about that. If the quality of care that she was giving was not right, then they will handle it the way they see fit. Who knows maybe you weren't the only one that got poor treatment, or just think of the next person she works with who will get the same poor treatment. Some people set out in a job and don't realize that that field is not for them.

I hope you got a good nights sleep my friend!:friends:
 
You're right, Jacky. I think I made my point in the survey...I hope.
Slept well last night, had a good knee day, though it's been too long a day for both me and my knee.
 
I've now been to the outpatient PT three times and it's going really well. My first knee is really competing for attention at times; some of the exercises are relatively easy with the new knee, hard on Knee1. They are working on loosening the area around the scar...hurts but I can feel an improvement already. Odd, when they're massaging the most sensitive area, it feels like there's a staple inside me and its prongs are biting into me. (I know there's no staple). Unfortunately, that sensation came back as I was trying to sleep last night, but I managed a great sleep anyway. Much more confident driving, able to run a few errands now. Still tire easily, but it's been a much better week than last. Going out for dinner with a friend to celebrate. :yes!:
 
Awesome, congrats! Sounds like you are moving in a good direction!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Shoot. Knew it was too good. Another sleepless night (does half an hour count?) because of pain in both knees. :gaah:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
And when you can't sleep, you are stressed. Hoping things improve soon.
 
I told someone today that making positive comments about my knee or getting rested is a sure jinx!!

Tomorrow Jebsw, it will be better 8-)))
 
I hope so, as today was a rough knee day. I had physio three days in a row this week, simply because I was a late squeeze-in for scheduling. But all the new work and attention hit home last night and today with a big whammy! Knee 1 is very sore and swollen. Knee 2 is even more sore and swollen, and the thigh is just throbbing...maybe a leftover from the episode a couple of weeks ago? I was really finding it hard to take the first few -- okay, dozen or so -- steps whenever I started walking. Plus today my cleaning lady came, so I had to tidy up for her. Also a friend with her own medical issues needed me to look after her daughter for a few hours. It was fun but it left me with even more pain though we weren't being rambunctious. The cleaning lady left early because her knees were too sore. So just after seven, I gave up on trying to stay up and crawled into bed. The wind has brought cooler, truly autumnal air for our Thanksgiving weekend, and it's just started to rain. Cute but useless cat and I will just curl up and call it an early night.
(yes, I took something for the pain.)
 
Oh, just as I hit "Post Reply" something started twitching at the top of the kneecap. Brief but extremely painful. stupid knee...
 
Sometimes it comes on full boar, so sorry to hear of all this pain. It sounds like just too much for you with the pt workout and other activities. Hopefully some rest, ice and pain meds will get you back on track.
Snuggle up with your baby and tomorrow will be a better day!

We are keeping my sons kitty for the weekend. Her name is Little, she is a petite orange tiger and my Bub and she love each other. They have been running from end to end of the house for the last hour! I wish I could run like that!

Be well my friend,

Dawn
 
Amazing what exhaustion + a sleeping pill can do! I slept for nine hours and feel so much better this morning. :tada: Knee1 seems pretty much back to normal. Knee2 is a lot less swollen, but still very sore for walking, and outer side of the knee cap really hurts when I go to sit down. So, I'll scale back my plan for the walk I'd hoped to do: there's a park with a path through a bit of woods I've wanted to check out. But it will still be there tomorrow. Plus it's probably soggy from last night's rain. Have a good day :SUNsmile:
 
Judy, I hope today is a better day for you. (((((Hugs))))) Have a great Thanksgiving weekend. I can't wait for the cooler weather hits us, I don't like 80* in the fall.

Stay well and hopefully a few days without PT will give you a much needed rest!
 
My son is camping in Canada for the Thanksgiving weekend, Turkey and all. I hope it's not raining for them!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom