Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Good job, DogLover......you did just fine. I'm proud of your new wisdom. Just a little bit more and you'll be over this hump. The big rest will do you a world of good!!!
 
Hi Jamie, your advice about the fact I was going about my sleep thing the wrong way was so right. Yesterday along with an app I downloaded I allowed myself to rest and nap when I needed to. Last night I got about four hours in total of naps which is incredible. So what I am trying to say here is thank you for your advice it was exactly what was needed.
 
Thanks Jamie, took me 5 weeks, but I'm starting to learn Grasshopper. ;-)

NanaMoon! I'm SO happy you got some decent rest yesterday and last night! That's so cool that app is working for you! I was able to sleep a total of about 6 hours myself and am off to hobble thru my breakfast event. With any luck, I'll be back home in 6 hours and then I can pass out and do nothing for the rest of the weekend! :)
 
Woohoo DogLover3! Sounds like a plan! Just think how low we're were only last weekend and how much brighter we are now. I know I'm in a lot less pain and getting some rest and sleep is brilliant. Good luck this morning I hope it all goes well. Take care chat later love NanaMoon x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
@Nana moon 27, the first several weeks of recovery can be really tough--some of us have a harder time than others. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's good to hear you saying, "Just think how low we're were only last weekend and how much brighter we are now."

Things will improve, you will begin to feel better, and the day will come when you're glad you had your TKR. I'm really looking forward to the day you want to change your thread title to something positive.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

 
Bottomshollow I love the poster the best is yet to come. I know I'm on the mend because I'm doing little odds and ends around the place. Nothing heavy just pottering about xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
@Nana moon 27 , Now, this is more like it-----love this title-----so upbeat and positive.

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
I really believe a positive attitude makes a world of positive difference during recovery. Good for you!
 
I don't know what's happened. I've had a great day and now I'm in agony with my knee. I feel dreadful. Haven't done anything heavy but gave pottered about a bit more. Mt knees swollen, so I've gone to bed elevated and icing. Never mind you have to expect rough with smooth eh? Goodnight all x
 
So restless. Must be bad cos I've watched blooming Eastenders and Coronation street on catch up. I hoped it would distract me. Pain has gone now meds have kicked in. Just feel so disappointed after such a good day xxxx
 
DogLoverx3 I hope you are having a well earned rest. Enjoy your next few days while you can you've done so well xxxx
 
I don't know what's happened. I've had a great day and now I'm in agony with my knee. I feel dreadful. Haven't done anything heavy but gave pottered about a bit more.
None of us know what happened---but it did. WE try to figure this out, but it confounds us---we have all sat there, thinking, "now what did I do wrong?"

The truth of the matter is this, you can try to figure it out, but you will, most likely, not arrive at an answer. Thees surgical knees have a mind of their own, and these "stinker" days do pop up. you just have to go for the ride and not wonder about what you did...

Please keep in mind that recoveries are not linear---they look more like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


You are going to have good days, some great days, and some real stinkers! Just ride it out!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find your thread with the new title! So sorry not to have checked in sooner! I'm so glad that you're feeling better (or at least were earlier). It's tough when we feel better we try to do a bit more and sometimes those 'bits' are too much. I'm still trying to find the happy medium and wish our knees would be a bit more understanding when it comes to our excitement over being able to do things. ;-)

I was able to nap for an hour earlier, but my poor knee remains swollen and very painful. I know I deserve it after what I've put it through, but still....... All my dogs can't get on the bed (it's high and 2 of my dogs are old), so I moved to a couch in the living room where they could all fit. It's a low couch so I couldn't sit in it before. Well, I could, I just couldn't get back up. ;-) I'll take my snuggles where I can get them!

I'm glad you're getting a bit more rest and I hope that you knee feels much better in the morning! Er, I mean later in the morning your time.

Sleep well, my friend! xoxoxxo
 
Referee thank you. You are right. I like the visual chart it makes me realise that no we can't figure this out and have to go with the flow xxx thank you xxx
 
DogLoverx3 don't apologise about not checking in its okay. We are all busy in different ways!!!! I'm glad you got a nap. I have discovered that I can get up off my low couch by twisting my upper body and doing like a press up. I'm beginning to think this May have upset my knee thinking about it so I shall avoid it tomorrow. Anyway you enjoy your snuggles with those cute little dogsxxxx chat later or tomorrow x x x night night xxxx
 
Oooh, careful about twisting your body like that. I've read a lot of people on here (including me) develop back issues from laying/sitting too much and odd movements might exacerbate that. Here's my small, exceptionally embarrassing accomplishment for this week: I removed the toilet seat extender thingie and can now sit on the oddly low to the ground toilet. I swear that sucker shrunk while I was having surgery. ;-) I do need to use the counter to push up from, but at least I can do it!

My 2 little naps today have derailed my ability to sleep tonight I think. Oh well, I don't have anything to do tomorrow, so I will nap. Hope you are sleeping well!! xoxoxo
 
Hi DogLoverx3. No sleep apart from about an hour. Too many naps and I know I must have overdone it somehow! I'm absolutely exhausted so I'm going to take it easy tody. My daughters and grand kids are due down this afternoon so that'll be nice xxxxxx
 
How wonderful to have your daughter and grandkids come for a visit! I hope you have a wonderful time!! No sleep for me either tonight. It's almost 2am and I'm wide awake.
 
Oh poor you! It's strange how one minute we are great the next not too great. However, I have noticed that when I have a really bad day or night, then I sometimes get a really good one. I'm very tired too. Just had a shower once I've dried my hair I'm going to try and nap. It's 9.15 am here x anyway pet those lovely dogs. Pets always make you feel better. I really miss having one. I got an aquarium and a garden pond but nothing replaces a dog x I can't have one cos of my working hours x it wouldn't be fair on it x but gee I sure would love one. I miss the companionship they give you and the loyalty
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to tell you just to make things worse I've developed thrush and boy I'm sore. Think it's all the antibiotics etc I've had to have for the chest infection x
 
Back
Top Bottom