Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

YEY!!!:dancy::egypdance::dancy: It's a start! :sleep: You're on your way!!!! xoxo​
 
Yep thank goodness x x x :happydance:What does ROTFL mean on that emoticon holding a poster up? X x x x
 
That's awesome NanaMoon! A little sleep makes all the difference! For some reason, the lovely 4 hour stretches of sleep that I was able to have last week has gone on vacation this week (how rude). I slept for a couple hours last night, then was up from 2-4, then slept another 2 hours but I'm still tired! Hopefully I'll be able to get a nap in today.

How's your knee feeling? Starting to recover from your PT session yet? I usually find that when I overdo it hurts like heck that night and the next day and then starts getting better. I hope that's the case for you!

I've got some cooking to do today, but that's about it for me. How about you?
 
Hi I had two sleeps totalling about 5 and 1/2 hours. Last night.. Marvellous. Knee felt okay but I overdid things first thing by doing too much cleaning and then I went to the shop with my husband. That was too much for my knee. I ended up halfway round getting the car keys off him and going back to sit down in the car while he finished off the shopping. Them my son came and his partner, two of her kids and my sons little boy. They had to drop him back to his other grandmas. Anyway I'm back on the bed ice elevate you know the drill and paying for my day with my knee telling me it hates me!!!! I hope that you can get a nap. Im hoping to do that now. Xoxoxox
 
Hey, at least you got some decent sleep last night! Sorry it was followed by doing too much, but it's hard to not get carried away when you're feeling good. Aside from the knee pain, it sounds like you had a nice day. I bet in another couple of weeks, you'll be able to accomplish all that you tried today without the after-effects of your knee yelling at you! xoxoxo Hope you're able to nap and feel better!!
 
I've really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing that you have been experiencing all the same things that I felt I was the only one doing through!! The crying, the sleeplessness, loss of appetite, pain, etc. I, too, have gotten the looks from my in laws on why I can't do too much. Let's guess what folks---- I had a major surgery!!!
Isms tarting to see little victories and small advances. I need to stop comparing my progress to others but that's difficult because I want to be where they are :( I return to work on Wednesday with a full day of teaching and then a department head meeting. I'm worried about how to deal with the pain while at work since I can only take Tylenol and I know that won't take but a small bite out of the pain. Any ideas? I'll be sitting most of the day and walking some to alleviate the stiffness. I suppose I'm just freaking out!! Help !!
 
@Nannharwood . Is there ice available at the school? If so, I would suggest taking a large ziplock baggie with you to fill @ 2/3 full with ice so you can have it on your knee while sitting. Also, don't sit for more than an hour at a clip without getting up to walk around for about 5 minutes or so in order to try to avoid getting too stiff. I would also suggest wearing trainers or tennis shoes - something with good support and good cushion. May not be too fashionable, but your knee will thank you for it. Remember not to take more than 4,000mg total of Tylenol per day and take it in 1,000 mg doses (2 pills) at a time as 1 won't do much of anything.

I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday! Try not to worry too much. While it sounds like a long day, just go straight home when you're done to elevate and ice and know that it will get better. I promise!!!
 
You did ALOT today my friend. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you and I wouldn't even try to do all that yet (then again, I'm a big whimpy baby). You'll only find out what is too much by trying, so I admire you for giving it a shot! :-)
 
Only just woke up. God I was sooooo tired. You are no Wimpy baby you are a very honest, strong incredible person who is so supportive and caring towards others. You're a good laugh and I like how you reassure me in my dark moments. I hope you are ok and having a good day with your lovely dogs. What breed are they? Xoxox
 
Thanks for the kind words. I don't feel very strong in this whole process. I got a horrible e-mail from my twin sister today that just reinforced my opinion that's she's a self involved, condescending and not very nice person. :( I've done so much for her during our life and she repays me by picking a fight and deserting me when I need help the most. Very disappointing.

anyway, aside from that, my day has been okay. Went for a walk down the street and back and have been puttering around the house while watching movies on my computer.

glad you got some more rest today! You have lots of sleep to catch up on

I have 3 Dogs. They are all rescues off the euthanasia list at the pound & i love them dearly. 1 Is a wheaton terrier mix (16) , 1 is a jack russel beagle doxie mix (14) and then i have a spastic long haired basset hound known as a PBGV who is @3 yrs old

:puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a story of a man named Brady ... lol i will admit that while i was reading your posts nana moon and doglover,the brady bunch is on my tv.. the sleep thing is a beech but it does get better .. doglover i had sort of the same issue with stupid family members during my early days of recovery.. i sent him the you tube link to total knee replacement and said to him this is what just happened to me thanks for the love and support ..called him a insensitive dork and wished him well. Do not let negative vibes enter your recovery ... be positive and ya know sometimes karma is a beeeech but dont waste energy on a dork ... my dork was my brother .. just sing the brady bunch theme and pretned your Marcia lol not Cindy she was a bit on the whiney side.. i also recommend Gilligan s island and Munster s.. for a good laugh go on you tube and type in carol burrnet bloopers ..
HAPPY superbowl sunday and if you have animal planet watch the puppy bowl
 
Thanks @kar1963 . People sure are 'surprising' (code for sh*tty) sometimes. Even worse when it's our own families. Oh well, their loss. Too funny that you're watching The Brady Bunch! Yes, I'll be Marcia and not whiney Cindy :tada: (I love Carol Burnett! Tim Conway was just on Two and a Half Men the other night) ;-)
 
Hi @ DogLoverx3 & @kar1963 this is sounding great fun. The Brady bunch is great escapism and I adore the Munsters. I always thought Yvonne de Carlo was so beautiful. Yes families are an odd lot. My husbands had to speak to his sister tonight because she said that I couldn't be bothered to talk to her the other day when she phoned. He put her right in her place and said what the hey (code) did she expect. I'm so full of pain and high on morphine I'm going to not be my usual chatty self. I have the attention span of about fifteen minutes on the phone and then I've had enough. She goes into minute detail about everything dissects it and then double dissects it and discusses each piece. It's blooming wearing. I love her to bits but In short doses right now.

As for your sister, I don't know her but she is totally in the wrong right now and she will know this in her heart. I just hope this hasn't got to you too bad. The trouble is with stuff like this it gets you in the early hours of the morning like mine did the other night about my friends. She'll probably need you before you need her!!! I'm sure that when she reflects later she is soooooo gonna regret what she's said and done!!!!

I've started laughing because now I can't get the Brady bunch tune outta my head ha ha!!!!! And I can see the opening credits with all the heads in squares!!! What have you all done? I'm thousands of miles away and you've put that tune in my head and made me laugh. Thank you xxx

I'm glad you saved those dogs because they have gone to a jolly good home, with an owner who adores them and they adore her in return xxxooooxxxx deservedly so!!

By the way not only is my knee swollen and stiff but my calf is swollen a bit. It's not red or hot just swollen!!!! Definitely over done it xxxxxx

:puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Boo on your calf hurting. That's your hamstring I think and I get those too. Usually from working on my extension too much but I bet it's bothering you from walking around so much today. When we take 'proper' steps (heal, toe), it stretches our hamstrings and apparently mine don't like that.

Hahaha on the Brady Bunch song. There are certainly worse songs to have stuck in your head. ;-)

The thing about my twin (and most of my family) is that they will never apologize or admit that they were wrong (I think I was adopted) :whistle: so while it would be nice if she would eventually realize that she was in the wrong, it will never happen. Funny what you said about your sister in law and your attention span being nil. That's what our fight was originally about. She had asked me to make some sort of a list for her (i can't even remember), and 5 days post op I had the attention span of a gnat and couldn't concentrate at all. Needless to say, said list didn't get made and both she and her husband started in on me about 'how disappointed' they were that I couldn't do that one simple thing for them. Then she threw her whole other trunkload of issues with me into the mix. So exhausting to have high maintenance people in our lives. I hope your sister in law realizes that it wasn't a personal slight and she done having her feelings hurt. Some people just don't get it.....

Thanks for what you said about my doggies. I'm lucky they let me live in THEIR house! :wink:

Hopefully your knee and calf will feel better in the morning and that you're able to get some decent sleep tonight! :sleep:
 
Hi @Josephine. I hope that you are well? I'm having a spot of bother with my knee. It is swollen, stiff, I've been icing it and elevating it, on and off since just before lunch. I have noticed that my calf is a bit swollen. It is not hot or red or anything like that just swollen. I think I overdid things. On Friday, I had my fist gym session with the physio group. There was no pressure just three mins in each exercise at our own lace which was nice. Yesterday it was stiff so the mantra applied. This morning because I managed to sleep last night, I did my bed exercises, I cleaned the kitchen loaded the dishwasher, wiped over the work tops, and made breakfast and cup of tea. Put some washing on the rack, folded some up. I went to the shop with my husband for the first time but after fifteen minutes I had to have the car keys off him and sit in the car until he finished the shopping x x x then when we got in I helped out it all away then I went and did the mantra for the rest of the day. Your advice would be really welcome. I know rationally I probably just need to keep icing it but I welcome your words of wisdom x x x
 
:rotfl::loll:I just went to change the channel on my tv and accidentally hit the wrong button....guess what show came up? The Brady Bunch!!! How funny is that?

NanaMoon, go back and re-read that looooooong list of things that you did today, at just 4 weeks post op, and guess what Josephine is gonna say :umm:I got tired just reading it. All I did today was walk down the street and back. I'm quite the slacker compared to you! xoxoxoxo
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom