Guest viewing is limited

THR Will I ever get off the pain meds - so depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Janet! Never heard that one before! Priceless!
 
Jaycey, I take the generic of flexeril. If I'm having problems (and I don't have to get up and drive in the morning), I take one pill at night before bed because it makes me a zombie also. Sometimes I do take 1/2 pill, and that helps also, and I'm not quite as spacey.

I did get a TENS unit and that helps a lot.

Janet, You are so right about maintenance, and not just from the medical side. It takes twice as long to look half as good. I told my husband I was glad we met when we were young. His eyebrows alone would have scared me off now! Fortunately, his barber takes care of them.
 
:hehe: This thread is getting awfully funny when it is supposed to be dealing with pain! That's the answer I guess, laugh instead of crying.

Thank goodness we have each other to go to. One big happy family
[Bonesmart.org] Will I ever get off the pain meds - so depressed
! :rotfl:
 
Janet, I told my husband I was glad we met when we were young. His eyebrows alone would have scared me off now!

I KNOW what you mean....UNIBROW!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Will I ever get off the pain meds - so depressed
 
Seriously though, I found a "deluxe" TENS unit on Amazon for $45 because of the info I got on here. I didn't know I could get one that cheap!

It has not arrived yet and seeing that I stopped the pt I can't wait to get it. Thanks again every one for all the useful information.

And Jo, I promise not to put it around my neck :rotfl:!


:tada:
 
Got my TENS unit today but it doesn't show you "how to". I never saw how my PT was applying the patches to my leg as I was lying down.

Jo, can you show "how to" for my thigh like you did elsewhere on here (a different thread)for the knee?

I'm amazed I was able to buy this as it specifically says on it "only with doctor approval", meaning prescription I would think.

Sorry for posting this on here Jaycey...I did it again :bls: :doh:!
 
Janet, Do you have a two channel or one channel? Try googling the make and model of your unit. You can probably find the instructions on the web. Here's a broken link removed: https://www.tensway.com/en/electrode-placement#tens-units to a site that shows the placement for both (please note that I am not in any way recommending their products).

I found I needed to play around with the placement and the settings before I stumbled on the perfect mix.

I have always wondered why they restrict sales of TENS units in the US. You can get them here in almost every pharmacy and they are not very expensive.

Hope you get some relief.
 
Wow, Jaycey! What a great site. However, people should realise that there is not absolute way to place the electrodes. Just find where ever gives you the relief you are seeking. Same with the modes. Play around with them and find which mode/strength you like best.

But do remember, when the signal seems to start getting weak, do not turn up the intensity above one or two more points. It just means the machine is doing its job to peak efficiency and the area will probably be getting a bit numb. If you then turn it up too much, you could risk getting a blister.

One patient I had used it for mid back pain and assumed that, as it faded off, it was losing effect and she kept turning it up and up. Plus she kept it on almost the whole day. Then she told me it was no good and dangerous because she got blisters! :doh: I told her that in that case it was probably better she stopped using it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom