Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Talk about from going from one extreme to another...im free to go after 2 this afternoon. Released...discharged...outta here!!! It's been a long grueling week but I'm a free bird once agsin!! The rest of today might be a bit hectic I'm told bcuz the bandage on the pic needs teplacing...fallling off after only 2 days and the schedule of the anti biotic will also change and and and...you get the point. I'm thrilled and anxious. I'll be sure to update after the dust settles and I'm back in my own compound.....you have my word as I've said many times already.
 
Thank God the prayers worked! Going home is best thing for you. Keep coming here. We all care!
 
I will @sistersinhim Just give me some time to get settled in at home again. I'm dying to shave for starters. A weeks growth is irritating when you are normally clean shaven.

It's a bit chaotic here right now as everyone is scrambling to get everything in place. Pretty sure my OS is responsible for the unexpected release. He can put the fear of God in you for sure, as I witnessed first hand this AM.
 
Bob, you may want to be sure your docs write a script for home nursing to come in to change the PICC line dressing. It made things much easier than going out every week for that and the nurse also took blood work for my ID to analyze weekly. They’ll probably teach you how to give yourself the antibiotics via PICC or send someone to your home to teach you. My advice is to have someone there with you. My sister and friend were with me because as you’ve said, all concentration/focus is gone. This was a problem for me that lasted about 6 weeks. I’m not sure if it was the meds, the infection, the was stress or a combination of it all. Also, if and when you’re allowed to shower you’ll need to have someone pick up a roll or two of “Seal’n Press” to wrap around your PICC site as it cannot get wet.
 
@KarriB yes and duly noted everything you said. I already had a lesson on self admin for the AB in the picc line. The bandage will get replaced again here before I leave. The home nurse is already scheduled and will be at my house tonight sometime around 7 or 8. Not sure how they were able to pull off so much so quick, but they did. OS left in a firestorm early this AM and I do know WC commissioners office is now involved because I had no choice but to call yesterday. Insur carrier has been totally irresponsible again and unfortunately it appears they upset the wrong people. Meanwhile I'm stuck in the middle of the ceasefire.

Someone here mentioned writing a book...ha! Let's go all out and make it a movie lol

As you can tell I'm blown away and estatic right now and very much deserved. Just the fact of not having a 3rd surgery was reason enough. But going home shot me over the top.

At this pont...get your selves some popcorn ready bcuz later today I'll put it all out here for e verone who has an interest to see. IIRC...you had an infection also so o may have a few questions.

Have to go for now...plenty still to do prior to release.
 
Lol...ceazefire should have said crossfire...oh well. Not sure how to turn off autocorrect but who cares at this point.
 
And I was so hoping you and your various tormentors had a ceasefire going. Some peace and quiet, and less aggravation, surely would be welcome at this point. You’ve been through quite a lot!

So very glad you are going home and didn’t have to have another surgery. :yahoo:
 
I'm glad you're safely at home again, Bob, and you didn't need the additional surgery.
 
@Celle wish I was home but not quite there yet...always something. Was set to go and getting the last AB in the picc line but one is plugged. So waiting to get it cleared
 
It's a good thing they caught it now.
 
Yes I'm home...again. and thanks for the concern!

Got back home last night. Friday night shortly after the nurse and I did the AB /picc deal i had a reaction to the AB(?) couldn't breath and lots of chest pain. My poor wife...not sure how much more of this she can take.

Anyway different AB now and the released me last night. Just woke up a short time ago so I'm dying to get cleaned up and eat some real food again...im starving Lost 15# as a result of the ordeal I went thru last week. That can be good and bad I guess but I'm not complaining.

Seems every time I get up and running again so I can start posting about this horrific unexpected journey i get kicked in the knees...is that a pun lol. Sorry just looking at the humorous side as I'm fed up with all the misery I've been dealt.

So give me some time...why does saying that sound so familiar?...i want to get washed up clean clothes and eat. AND...i can start using my LT again instead of this phone
 
Oops...got ahead of myself with the last post. Forgot to mention I was carted of to ER Friday night but all cleared yesterday afternoon and they let me go home
 
Thank God it was nothing serious and you got it straightened out. I know you were scared. I would have been! Enjoy that bath and a nice meal! Losing 15 pounds the way you did is definitely the hard way! But, enjoy your lighter body weight! Keep us updated. We care!
 
Really pleased your home so enjoy getting yourself settled and good meal inside you I imagine your wife is pleased your home again too it has to have been stressful time for her too
 
The intrusiveness is getting old but all things considered I guess it's something I have to deal with.

PT just left and it was an unexpected visit esp having to scramble to crate my GSD...she doesn't deserve that at all but not going to chance anything.

PT was just an evaluation as no ROM can done for 2-3 weeks min. She did find a couple things I need to address but it's in the interests of my safety so I can understand.

Still haven't eaten or gotten cleaned up and just as important I wanted my wife to sleep as she's overdue. Instead I had to wake her sooner than planned. So hopefully no more visitors for a couple days and I can settle back into my normal way of life. I enjoy my privacy and isolation from the rest of the world...my rural location allows that. It's not that I'm anti social...its just I'm set in my ways.

I'll be so glad to get back on my LT...still haven't got that far yet.
 
My philosophy for drop in visitors is that they see what they see. If they can't let me know they are coming, they are liable to see clutter and maybe partial nudity. We live in the country for a reason :heehee:
 
I had the same reaction to home PT and the visiting nurse. I couldn't wait for all of that to be over. I was either waiting for them to come or recovering from their visits.
We have 2 dogs - one is fine with visitors - and one will exuberantly knock visitors over because everyone is his favorite person!
 
haha @rubyyarn, so true. and BionicBob ~ don't feel bad about crating your gsd once in awhile even if you're home. our trainer says we should crate ours every day for a bit while we're home, that they need that time and sorry, i forget the reason. i had to stay in another room for the first couple of weeks so dog didn't jump up on me in his excitement and was crated when i had to rest or sleep (couldn't be trusted without supervision in the house as he was and sometime still is a counter surfer and can also open every door in the house, especially the foyer where our shoes are kept). we have a strong gate at the hallway to the bedrooms so he can't get through and into trouble.

hope you and your wife can get some quality rest and privacy from visitors such as p.t. until you're feeling stronger and wanting to get out and about. you've had a rougher time than most of us; take good care of yourself.:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom