Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

And you may want to start a good probiotic, my ID suggested this to me. It did help keep my stomach calm with all the antibiotics.
 
Bob, it might help your typing to get a stylus to use with your phone. It really does help with that itty-bitty keyboard.

You are having quite an adventure with this recovery. Self-inflicted shots...:eeeuw:
 
I had another idea. Does you phone have the ability to type out what you speak? That's what I use almost all the time when I'm typing on my phone.
 
Irritability was at max payload yesterday esp since one particular nurse seemed intent on touching a nerve. Came back here to post and found I was logged off which annoyed me even further. My concentration span was very limited so I just tried to let everything pass me by and not get worked up any more than I was.

My first tour here was a Disneyland vacation as you may recall. This time around it's been a living purgatory. I'll expand on the latter a bit more later today if.....

My anxiety is through the roof right now. Tossed and turned all night and that's even under the influence of some heavy duty meds. OS should be here within in an hour to determine if I'm heading back to surgery today. God I hope not as I don't have it in me to go thru another so soon. I'm not one to ask or rely on prayer but this is one exception that I need everyone help...please pray that I don't have to endure another torturous procedure again...PLEASE!!!

For now I just need to focus on something else. It is what it is but it's foolish to allow myself to get so stressed.

Again...Thank you everone!!! Your comments do indeed make a positive difference.
 
Take deep breath and try and think about something else was only was I got through spending almost day at doctors surgery on bed being monitored for high pulse before ending up n hospital I thought about warm beaches what I want o do next year on bucket list made up start of a novel in my head anything but current situation because as soon as I did that the stress increased
So maybe in previous time you played golf or cycled? Go play imaginary round in your mind I know it sounds weird but it works for me
 
I've been reading your thread since yesterday and wanted to stop in and wish you well and prayers to not need another surgery.
 
Please let us know what your OS says. Hope it's good news. My prayers are with you.
 
We're here for you, Bob. Fingers crossed :fingersx: and praying :prayer: for you.
 
I know this may be a little late but my prayers are with through all of this mess. God Bless you and a speedy recovery and hopefully a peaceful one.:flwrysmile:
 
sending prayers that whatever happens, you will be just fine. once the pain is under control and the infection being treated, you can relax a little and work hard on doing next to nothing, other than ordinary everyday around the house activities such as getting up to the bathroom, ordering pizza, brushing your teeth, getting dressed, laptop, remote control for t.v., etc., nothing strenuous for quite awhile. come here to vent any time ~ you're not alone.:friends:
 
@BionicBob sending positive vibes and good wishes from a fellow Nutmeger. Just started to read your thread, and I must say you have been through the wringer - really, if you can survive what you have gone through and can still write coherently you are a brave, brave, man.

There may be a book deal in it for you when this is all over-

Prayers for you ...
(Did you have your surgeries in Milford Hospital??)
 
I have added my prayers to all the others. It sounds like you're not much of a believer, but we are, and that's what counts. We know that prayers work!
 
If you’ve had another surgery I’m praying all went well. Keep us up dated.
 
I'm wishing you all the best. There are lots of people sending positive thoughts your way. I am sure, one day, not too far away, you will have healed and be back to your normal life again. Focus on the best outcome and strive towards it.
 
Thank you so much for all the support. The number of replies was quite a surprise. I'm pleased to say I'm a believer now in that the combined efforts of everyone paid off. No surgery was done but the clean up procedure did take a bit of a toll on me. Then they put a wound vac...i think that's the name...and I will be monitored for progress. Yesterday was still kinda tough dealing with the meds and sedative. I didn't have enough it in me to reply if I tried. I did manage to see a few replies and was honestly blown away emotionally.

Right now I need to get through the mornijng shift change and all the commotion it brings. Too many interruptions makes it difficult to concentrate on making a reply.

Feeling pretty good and anxious to go home. I'm also anxious for input and opinions bcuz I swear my IS dies not speak/understand the same English language that I do...he just left a min ago...ugh...he may mean well but the frustration he causes me is stressful. Again..ill wait til I'm home and comfortable on my LT before I go into detail.

So before I get another interruption I'm gonna sit back on the sidelines and get thru the rush, get cleaned up and hopefully get some good news about being discharged.

Sorry to eat and run ;) but if I don't I won't shut up. I'll be back to address everyone...promise!!
 
I need to edit IS to OS but can't see where to do it. Autocorrect drives me nuts
 
Glad to hear from you and really pleased second surgery was not needed so now just take time to heal
 
Bob, I'm glad things have improved for you.

You might want to turn off your spell-checker. Of course, you will have to type every letter, but the darn thing will stop thinking for you.

It is good to remind machines now and then that they are NOT in charge...yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom