Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to make sure to send it signature required. That way they won't deliver without a signature. This is a PITA, and as Sissy suggested I think merits a call or letter "up the chain of command" so to speak. I suspect you are feeling the same, but this lack of responsiveness would cause me some concern about how they treat patients.

OTOH, I was starting to feel the same when I was trying to get an appt with the OS I ultimately chose (nowhere near the mess up you are expreiencing). I would have to say for him, once you are an existing patient, they get back right away (meaning within 24 hours), and they have been absolutely wonderful about dealing with the short term disability management folks at work. Hopefully, what you are currently experiencing is an aberration.
 
Trish, it might come down to that anyway. Arthroscopy is not suited for all situations. Results vary by individual just like any other surgery. One thing that will come out of this when he does review everything is that something will either get ruled in or ruled out. That's the nature of medicine...
 
Trish, I would still raise cain when I got there. Remind them of their mishap (bring the documentation of the delivery) and tell them that you should be bumped up their list as you have already waited a month.

Let us know if you want to deploy the Warriors.
 
OK copies of CDs made again. Going to wait until Saturday to send them in so I know they will be there the first part of next week. Will require signature of reciept and will be calling again by the end of next week to make sure they get them. I hope it does not take another month for them to get back to me again.

Trish
 
Trish, make sure when you send it you have the option of tracking your package on-line. This way, you can call within minutes of its delivery. Raise some cain, make some noise! Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice!!!!

Get in touch with your inner-Warrior and let it rip!

Tammy
 
OK copies of CDs made again. Going to wait until Saturday to send them in so I know they will be there the first part of next week. Will require signature of reciept and will be calling again by the end of next week to make sure they get them. I hope it does not take another month for them to get back to me again.

Trish

Trish, sorry to hear of the mess up with your records.. sounds like you have a good 'disaster recovery backup' system worked out now... you can tell I am in IT:)

Good luck hon :)
 
Finally talked to the scheduling lady today at Nashville Sports Medicine. I go for my appointment with them on Jan. 29th. They want to do another MRI and hip injection and physical therapy all in one day. I guess the other 2 hip injections i have had that only worked for about 1 week each wasn't enough so I have to go through that pain again. This will be the 2nd one in less than 6 months. I have heard bad things about getting several joint injections close together.

Trish
 
Trish, it's good news that they want to see you as that generally means they feel they can help you based on what you've sent them and explained the experiences you've had and somewhat conflicting evaluations.

If they're doing it all on the same day it's probably because they want to do an MRA (MRI with a dye contrast). They may do the cortisone/steroid at the same time to help reduce the inflammation. My last one was only about 2 weeks apart, but usually they don't like to do them more than 3 times a year (per my OS). They more than likely want to see what's going on a little better and they can do that with the contrast. My guess is the PT will do a full eval (range of motion, gait, strength, balance) to see where you are physically.

The injections shouldn't hurt if they do it right. I've had 2 in one hip and 4 in the other and I think I had one ouch moment and it was very short lived. I will say that doing the MRI after the injection will probably be uncomfortable (mine took about 45 minutes due to an increased number of views they ordered).

Best of luck with the appointment and do keep us posted on what they come up with.
 
Good luck with your appointment Adaa, do keep us updated.
 
Thank you Deb and Poppet. The last MRA I had back at the end of September they also did an injection with the arthrogram and that was the worst pain I think i have been in next to child birth. So I guess I'm really nervous about having it done again. I know this visit will be an all day event and they only had one opening in January so I took it. I hate that I will have to miss one of my basketball games that evening (I am the girls coach where I teach) but I do not think I can make the drive back home in time as it will be a 3 hour drive just to get there.

I will keep you guys posted and thank you all for your time and kind words.

Trish
 
Wow, my experience with MRA injection was totally different. Virtually no pain. I was surprised, because I was anticipating a lot of pain. Make sure you have a different person doing the injection! Good luck and wishing you no pain this time!
 
Trish, I too had a painless injection. My problems came afterwards. Be mindful of the amount of this steroid-type medication you are asking your body to synthesize and process. Don't want you to develop AVN.
 
Well I get to head to Nashville dark and early in the morning for my 8am appointment. I think I have everything I need to see this doctor. I have a copy of all my medical records (again) and all my MRIs, CTs, and X-ray Disks (again). I have friend to go with me so I wont be going alone. I really have no idea what to expect out of this visit. All I really want is an definitive answer arthorscopy or THR. I would really like to be able to set up a surgery date in mid to late april or early May. Will keep you guys updated on what the doc says tomorrow.
Thank you all for being so supportive.
Trish
 
Trish, [Bonesmart.org] Where to start? and we'll all pray for a positive outcome with this doc. Take care---and definitely keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Where to start?
 
Sending lots of good luck for today... Waiting for news :)
 
Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. I definatly got an answer today. The doctor in Nashville does not want to do an arthroscome because he cant even give me a 50/50% chance that it will work. He says my best option is to have the hip replacement when I am ready. So now to give it a couple days for them to send the medical records back to the replacement specialist in GA so I can go back and start setting a date to get this done.

Trish
 
Yes.... at some point you just know. For me it happened overnight. I just could not fake being 'normal' any more, either in my work or my home life. For other people at this point its worth remembering that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Make your move and be clear with physicians that you are living with severe pain. Don't do as I did and struggle to get by for years with shots, painful physio, chiropractic that hurt more than it helped and simply grinning and bearing it.
 
Well, Trish, it's good to have an answer, and be able to go ahead and move towards a solution. Onward! Hopefully the hip guy can schedule you soon.
 
Trish, well I'm sorry that the scope is not the answer to fix your hip. It's good to have a definitive answer as to what's happening in there and you've had one of the premier docs look at everything. I know that lily77 (Kelsey) is your age and had gone through a scope that didn't last as long as one would hope to prolong the THR.

Things you know are that it won't get better on its own and it is likely to continue to deteriorate. Only you will be able to make that decision to move forward and when you can schedule it. Personally, I wouldn't hold off much longer if that works with your circumstances because I've heard some not so great stories of folks that waited longer than they should and it can make it more difficult on you and your doc. Make sure you are comfortable with your OS and you do your homework asking them lots of questions.

Good luck and keep us posted!

:console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom