Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not believe this. The medical center in Nashville where I sent my medical records can not find them. I have confirmation from the post office that they were delivered on Nov. 17th. I do not want to have to get all that information again. It took me over a month to get all of it the first time. Very frustrated. I really want to know what is the final verdict with my hip so I can plan for any time I may need to be away with work ... I have 2 months off in the summers but I also coach basketball and we do a lot of stuff in the summers so i have limited window when I want to get this done so I dont miss to much work or to much time with my players. :headbang:
 
You poor thing! That is just awful. Did someone have to sign when they accepted those records? If so, maybe they'd recall where they put them? You know they got there for sure so somebody ought to be spending some time looking for them. Did you throw a:hissy: hissy fit at them? Sometimes that works....Have you contacted the head of medical records, or whoever is in charge of the department they should have arrived at?

I hope you don't have to start from scratch. NOT FAIR:sigh:

You have my sympathy, for what it's worth.
 
Adaa, that's horrible. I'm sure if you were to show up at that medical facility in person and have the hissy fit Sissy suggested, you might be able to get to the bottom of it pretty quickly. Especially if you get a little loud in a waiting room full of people. Just pretend that you are talking to your athletes who don't want to do their warm ups and then play like ****.

Will be waiting to see how it went. Good luck!

Tammy
 
Sissy and Tammy, I would do that if it wasn't so far away. It's a 4 hour drive. I have scaned copies of the paper work but I dont know how to email the CDs of MRIs, X-Rays, CT scans. I have not heard back from the lady that does all the intake information. Will be calling up there again today.
Trish
 
Raise sand, Adaa! Contact everyone from the head of medical records to the CEO. Those records are somewhere but they won't be found unless someone is made accountable for finding them. :tantrum::hissy: Pitch a good one!

Do you have your CDs or did you mail your copies? I know our radiology department provides the patient with one CD of MRIs and such, but after that they charge $10/copy. But its the time you spent, more than that, and the time wasted when you want to be evaluated ASAP.

I'm just mad as heck on your behalf:hairpulling: ---as a retired health care professional I especially hate hearing these things, and I wish I could do something to help.
 
yes i still have the original CDs and sent them a copy. This Dr. is one of the leading specialist for hip arthoscopy in the nation so they want to evaluate all the other doctors records before they determine if you should be seen by Dr. Byrd.
 
I love the mental vision of an army of hippies storming Nashville on scooters with sharpened crutches! Leaves me with a very large smile on my face.
 
Wow, Adaa, that is terrible!! :hairpulling: It is such a pain to track everything down, particularly if you have been to see multiple docs. I hope they are able to track down the "files". If not, I am busy sharpening my cane. :hissy:
 
Adaa, we are on our way to help! Beth has purchased the extra claws for the bottom of our crutches. We will whack some sense into those lazy good-for-nothings! Say the word.

I hope this issue gets resovled and that they locate your records. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this frustration on top of your hip pain.

Just hang with us, we will help you get through this.

Tammy
 
Been there, done that, bought the teeshirt! Moral being, always photocopy everything and send the photocopies not the originals. Such a mess up ended up causing my sister to wait a second whole year for her hip replacement.
 
I was just in Nashville last week! If I had known, I would have tackled the records office with my knitting needles. Sharp pointy objects can be very effective in punctuating a strongly worded request. Strong wording that includes a clear and firm reminder that the post office confirms delivery, so the records ARE in the hospital!

Good luck, Trish. I do hope this resolves itself for you.

Sharon
 
Strongly worded request, yes, and you might mention that the sloppy way they handle medical records would make you and your BoneSmart community wonder if they handle patients with equal disrespect.

This is the sort of issue that hospital administrators hate to hear about----it is truly awful public relations.

If you don't get some results PDQ, try going straight to the top and I bet things will get resolved. Forward him/her the link to this thread:spin:
 
Reminds me of when I was in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. Long story short, I was in the emergency room in the most horrific pain I have ever been in. A nurse comes by the room with a prescription for an antibiotic and discharge papers. She said that I had a UTI and was good to go. I dropped a few choice words on her, whipped out my cell phone, googled the hospital president and his number, dialed the office and told this butthole that there is NO WAY IN HECK (substitute a lot of bad words here) that his people could know I had a UTI as no one had collected a urine sample from me. About 15 minutes later, my appendix ruptures in the ER and I am rushed to surgery. The hospital picked up the tab, private room and all. That was an expensive lesson for them to learn as I was there for 8 days. Wish I had known my Warriors back then.
 
Trish,

The warriors are here with you at your beckon call! Best advice is be persistent and hold them accountable. Sounds like you have copies of everything you sent. If your documents have a tracking number and you can get info on who signed for things start there. Worst case, get another set of records sent as soon as you can. It has been a long haul for you, but you are your best advocate in your care. I hear good things about Dr Byrd and they are a busy office, but there's no excuse for people not doing their jobs. Once they do get your info I hope your records get reviewed soon so you can get this taken care of sooner rather than later. When you do get his review, you will be getting some of the best advice available...

The warrirors have united and are posed to pounce whenever you need us!
 
I did talk to the lady again. She said yes she had gotten my emails (but just hadn't replied after 3 days). She asked me to send in the disks again if I could. My husban's todo list today includes making copies while he is at home working. The box I sent was delivered on a Saturday, she said there is no one there to sign for a package on saturdays. This time when I send them I will make sure to send them early in the week so they get there during the week.
It is still frustrating because it took her over a month to call and let me know they got the info from the last doctor I saw. That doc sent all his records dircectly up there since he was the referring doctor, while I got all the other medical records together to send. I am about ready to say the heck with the arthroscope possibility and just do THR.

Trish

PS. Thank all of you for your support in this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom