Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hip class and pre-op visit today. :yay: 29 more days to go till surgery. I am ready.
 
Labs, check. Class, check. You're on your way now!!! Hope you're feeling OK physically. You'll be surprised how quickly the next month will be!
 
Thank you dede62 yes i am still doing good physically. Still walking with out support, sleeping ok most nights, mostly just constant ache in hip joint. But I do not want to postpone this, I do not want to get to where I can not move, I want my life back before i lose to much more.
 
Sounds like you have a good plan to not wait for it to get worse. Mine got so bad that I have pain every time I move. I had one hip done and will be having the other one done April 12th. What a difference in the operated one. I can't wait to have the next surgery and then be able to truly get my life back. You won't be sorry you made this decision.
 
Had pre-op visit with the surgeon today, everything is a go for next Wednesday. Now to finish getting things ready and getting ready for my long term sub for the remainder of the year. I feel like I still have so much to do and not much time to get it all done. If it is meant to be done it will get done, if not oh well life goes on. :shrug:.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Where to start?
And it will just be there waiting for your return----too bad the "little people" won't steal in in the night and get it all done for you :heehee: . Just don't over stress yourself with things---it will all work out in the end. Will be looking for your first report from the "other side".


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Where to start?
 
I agree with bottomshollow it will all work out. You will probably be back on your feet in no time because you haven't let your hip and muscles get bad.
 
Adaa good luck next Wednesday. You'll be on the recovery train soon enough. Prayers and good wishes coming your way.

—Susan
 
Thank you Susan, Sandybeach, and Bottomshollow.
 
Trish, it won't be long now. It's been a bumpy ride getting here, but just as this last month has zipped by, you'll be surprised how quickly the recovery process goes. Get as mch done as you can, but don't beat yourself up if some things don't happen. Make sure to find time to destress as much as possible prior to the 17th. It will all fall into place.

Know we'll be here waiting for you on the other side!
 
lol thank you dede62 yep one more and a wake up. I have done just about all I can do to get read to leave my little devils opps angels with the sub and now finish up a few little things around the house and I will be ready to go. The nerves are starting to show the closer it gets but I am still ready to get it over with.
 
The buildup to surgery is THE WORST. I looked at it from the perspective of that light at the end of the tunnel (and it wasn't an oncoming train:heehee: ).
 
Adaa one more sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers and best wishes :) your class will be fine. Maybe you can Skype with them at some point! What grade do you teach?
 
I am a teacher too. Well, actually a teacher's aide, but I am almost finished my teaching degree. I work in a special school and luckily we have 3 teachers per class, so I didn't need to have lesson plans done. But, I do a lot of other extra-curricular stuff that I had to pass on to others. I didn't realise I would miss my kiddies so much. I visited them last Friday and was covered in hugs. Once again, made me realise that teaching special ed is my calling...I can't wait to be back.
Hope your surgery goes smoothly, and you have a good recovery and get back to your class as soon as possible.
Ally
 
Thank you Allycat and @zauberflöte I teach mostly 9th and 10th graders biology. I do plan on going back for a visit before the end of the school year.

It will be a very short sleep as it is almost 11pm and I have to be up at 3:30am to get ready to head to the hospital.

Thank you all for the well wishes and I cant wait to see you guys and gals on the other side :happydance:
 
Adaa, i am a day late...but i wish you success & a speedy recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom