Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR What all does this involve?

I have heard back from my family Dr. I am anemic and deficient in Vit D & magnesium. I called my Ortho's nurse & asked if I should keep the MRI appt since all these could cause leg cramps. She said oh yes. The Dr said your levels are high enough to take a look...
 
Absolutely keep that appointment Angie. When is your MRI scheduled for? Please let us know.
 
So, one week from tomorrow. That's not too bad. When is your appointment with the doctor to discuss the results?
 
Keep us updated Angie on the result of your MRI, I am very interested..

Did you read the article I wrote on Magnesium, here is the link:

Magnesium is a star

Good luck :)
 
I dont have an appt to discuss the results with my Ortho. I am assuming the nurse will call and we will go from there. Poppet I read the article. Very interesting. Thanks!
 
I need my right knee replaced but have been putting it off as long as possible. For the past few weeks I have been having bad pain in the heel of my right foot. I havent done anything to this foot. Could this be referred pain from the bad knee?
 
Interestingly, a couple of other members have been raising this issue and it seems like it may well caused by the bad knee. Not because it's referred pain but because if you have some bone loss in the knee it can make the whole leg out of true, causing you to roll your foot over when you walk. The resulting imbalance will cause pain.
 
Hi Angie,

What does the pain feel like? Please describe it a little bit if possible. Does it feel like you are walking on a stone in your heel? Is it worse first thing in the morning? Have you changed shoes or started wearing shoes with little arch support?

I started having a lot of pain in my heel and feet, mostly the right heel. I posted here and skigirl suggested it might be plantar fasciitis. I did some research and spoke with my OS, and he confirmed it. It's very painful and has been bothering me for a couple of months now. It's going to take time to resolve.

I hope that's not your issue. I look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Dawn
 
It doesnt feel like I am walking on a stone. It covers my entire heel & it is just extremely sore. If I have walked on it a lot the day before then it is really bad in the morn. If I have had a day where I have taken it easy then it isnt too bad when I wake the next day.
 
Also I have not changed shoes.
 
if you have some bone loss in the knee it can make the whole leg out of true, causing you to roll your foot over when you walk. The resulting imbalance will cause pain.
:iagree: Yup, what Josephine said. I had a similar issue, now that I'm rebalanced and an inch taller, it's lots better :)
 
Before my TKR I got pain in my foot but not in my heel. It was through my instep. I wore trainers most of the time with physio orthotics in them to rebalance me. Seemed to work and since TKR I don't need the orthotics and don't get the pain in my foot.
 
I know that I had pain in my feet before surgery, and the wear patterns on the shoes told the story! I was compensating with out even realizing it! Now, I have arthritis in both feet, but after I get up in the mornings, I no longer feel it! :happydance:
 
Thanks everyone. I just have a feeling it is because of the knee. I have had both hips replaced & the left knee. Was really hoping to wait a few years on the right one. I am just a little sick of surgeries not to mention I have a 3 yr old at home. But if this keeps up I am going to have to do something... UGH!
 
The reason I had my Op was the wear on the bone had caused the leg to fall over to one side below the knee joint. this caused pain in both legs, in the calf muscles, my other foot and back. This is because you are having to compensate for the different way you walk. So it is likely this is the cause of your pain and the Op will solve it. Mine has made a difference and these issues have cleared up. Of course there is still the pain of recovery to go through but for me this is worth it!
 
From my own experience I think the answer is a simple 'yes'. The body compensates for bad knees and often can't, I used to get aches and pains all over.
 
Referred pain, to my understanding, is pain in a place other than the location of the problem due to the way the nerve is circuited. A classic case is the abdominal hemorrhage that is felt as shoulder pain.

Of course when our "foundation" is "crumbling," we suffer in all kinds of places, from feet to back.

Regardless, pain in the heel has a good likelihood of being plantar fasciitis. This is what I had in my left foot 15 years ago that caused me not to notice my knee was going back on the other leg. The recovery involved calf stretches (which stretches the plantar fascia as well) and NSAIDs.
 
I just got the call regarding my MRI. The nurse is who called me. Dr said that there is some fluid collection around both hips with the right one being worse. I asked her what that meant & she didnt know. GREAT! Jo? What does this mean? Dr wants me to go for a metal reduction cat scan now & then go form there.

Is this cat scan similar to an MRI at all? I had a terrible time with the MRI. I was in that tube for 2 hrs! They had to keep doing different pics over because of movement. I swear I wasnt moving. The tech said from her years of doing MRI's it looked to her that I was having muscle spasms. I think it was because I was hyperventilating. I have had some friends tell me since this that they always ask for sedation. Would have been nice to have had that option. If the cat scan is anything like the MRI I want some serious drugs before I go! Josephine
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom